Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read some where that Thyroid issues and ovarian cysts are a cause for some miscarriages. is this true for anyone?? the last time I checked my thyroid was before i went on the LE diet. it was a little on the abnormal side. my OB also mentioned something about seeing 'small' cysts when she did an u/s.

Now i'm totally confused .. do you think this might have been the cause of my m/c? next week I will be going in for another appt. and I am demanding more tests to be done. But, what kind of test should I ask her to do for me to find out if I have issues w/ thryoid, cysts, etc. is there a possibility that I might have PCOS?? gosh I am confused.

I read into pcos and so many of the symptoms I can relate to, but when i mentioned to my regular DR. she said I don't 'look' like the type to have PCOS, b/c I am not overweight and my periods are very regular etc.. I still don't believe that those are the only 2 things that determine if you have pcos or not.

I may just be paranoid, but I do deserve the right to know what in the hell is going on w/ my body and why? so what type of blood test should she do for thyroid, pcos, etc..
    2008 2010
    praying and swaying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing4Princess View Post
    I read some where that Thyroid issues and ovarian cysts are a cause for some miscarriages. is this true for anyone?? the last time I checked my thyroid was before i went on the LE diet. it was a little on the abnormal side. my OB also mentioned something about seeing 'small' cysts when she did an u/s.

Now i'm totally confused .. do you think this might have been the cause of my m/c? next week I will be going in for another appt. and I am demanding more tests to be done. But, what kind of test should I ask her to do for me to find out if I have issues w/ thryoid, cysts, etc. is there a possibility that I might have PCOS?? gosh I am confused.

I read into pcos and so many of the symptoms I can relate to, but when i mentioned to my regular DR. she said I don't 'look' like the type to have PCOS, b/c I am not overweight and my periods are very regular etc.. I still don't believe that those are the only 2 things that determine if you have pcos or not.

I may just be paranoid, but I do deserve the right to know what in the hell is going on w/ my body and why? so what type of blood test should she do for thyroid, pcos, etc..
    I could put my name on this post and call it my own because I can relate to everything perfectly. I have ovarian cysts and the u/s tech thinks I ovulated on the right. WHen the doctor was looking at my ovaries w/ the u/s the day before she noticed a cyst on my right ovary. I have had several doctors tell me I don't "look' like I could have PCOS either, but I do, I hate to tell them that we aren't made in molds that make us all exactly the same.

My thyroid seems to be off too. I told my chiropractor and she gave me some vitamins and minerals to help, but my hair still seems to be falling out faster than it should. I have had military medical doctors and they don't care for the most part so long as you aren't way out of the range of normal. I could be scraping the bottom of the normal range of thyroid and if its still within the 'normal' range, they ignore it. I see a civilian doctor on Monday so I am going to ask for more testing too.

I think a plain thyroid test should tell you about your thyroid and they are some basic PCOS tests too, its just a matter of getting a doctor to listen and cooperate.

My Gender Dreaming

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Adia View Post
    dilation and curettage, haven't had to have one, but it sounds unpleasant.

Many times the doctor will do a D&C to ensure that the body had expelled all the fetus and lining after a miscarriage. OR to stop any bleeding that may result from a miscarriage.

As I understood it, a D&C was used before abortion was legal, as a 'medical' way to terminate a pregnancy in a doctor's office. I am guessing that when a teenager got pregnant in the 1950's and 1960's and the patient &/or parents were able to convince the doctor to abort, it was done this way so that it was legal.
    Oh ok. I asked my OB if I needed to get one. she said they usually recommend it, but since I was only 5 wks then it's really not necessary.

two of my girlfriends have had a D&C done at 16 wks m/c and 20wks. I guess the further along you are, the harder it is for the body to get rid of the tissue on its own.
    2008 2010

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I could put my name on this post and call it my own because I can relate to everything perfectly. I have ovarian cysts and the u/s tech thinks I ovulated on the right. WHen the doctor was looking at my ovaries w/ the u/s the day before she noticed a cyst on my right ovary. I have had several doctors tell me I don't "look' like I could have PCOS either, but I do, I hate to tell them that we aren't made in molds that make us all exactly the same.

My thyroid seems to be off too. I told my chiropractor and she gave me some vitamins and minerals to help, but my hair still seems to be falling out faster than it should. I have had military medical doctors and they don't care for the most part so long as you aren't way out of the range of normal. I could be scraping the bottom of the normal range of thyroid and if its still within the 'normal' range, they ignore it. I see a civilian doctor on Monday so I am going to ask for more testing too.

I think a plain thyroid test should tell you about your thyroid and they are some basic PCOS tests too, its just a matter of getting a doctor to listen and cooperate.
    Omg, i'm glad I mentioned this! I felt like I was alone in this. and My doc looks at me like i'm crazy! this past week when my OB was doing an u/s she said she doesn't see 'any big cysts' ..I was so shocked to hear that I even had cysts!?! so really..why didn't my regular doc want to go a step further to check!? ughh..this makes me even more hopeless. I don't think I will ever conceive a girl.

Adia, I even read that D&C does sway girl. that could be the case for you? the 2 friends I was talking about now have girls, 1 year after their m/c and D&C...maybe I should ask for a D&C? jk...really I don't want to put my body through that, physically and emotionally, if there's no need too.
    2008 2010

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok. I asked my OB if I needed to get one. she said they usually recommend it, but since I was only 5 wks then it's really not necessary.

two of my girlfriends have had a D&C done at 16 wks m/c and 20wks. I guess the further along you are, the harder it is for the body to get rid of the tissue on its own.
    That seems logical. Since I was just 5 weeks too i think I will escape it.

My Gender Dreaming

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is their info on gender dreaming about swaying after a miscarriage? If their is I can't find it, anyone who could point me in that direction is a gem.

The "What to expect" book says wait 3-6 months but that seems like a long time to me. I was only 5 weeks out from ovulation so I wasn't that far along.

TIA for any advice!!
    For a blue sway I would wait one cycle, unless a person were over 10 weeks in which case I would wait two. I think it's ridiculous to wait 3-6 months.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Adia, I am looking for something similar, but i'm swaying for a girl. I wonder if it is different for swaying for boy and girl. I read some where that if swaying for boy it's best to wait longer because the uterine lining becomes stronger..but i'm not sure..
    Yes, it is totally different. For a girl you should TTC as soon as is feasible after your m/c, for a boy you should wait at least 1 good cycle (so if you have one kooky short cycle, don't count that).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Anchor, having people who have been there, done that always helps. I was only 5 weeks a long, I think 12 weeks would be much harder.

My age has got to be a factor in this too. I am 37 and, as we well know, having babies after 35 can be tricky.

I am hoping to sway the end of January which would be 6 weeks from now and two menstrual cycles. If Atomic or my doctor strongly advise otherwise I'll shoot for the end of February.

Thanks again, here's hoping we both get strong little beans in the coming months.
    End of january would be great. I'm so sorry.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thryroid issues are one of the main reasons for miscarriage, even if your numbers are still in the realm of normal but just slighlty low/high, we have been having some success with people given low dose meds to get the numbers more average.

Having some cysts months ago prob. had nothing to do with your loss. Most of us have some cysts at various times in our lives. To have PCOS, you have to have most of the symptoms of it - if you only have a couple symptoms, it's not likely that you have it. Virtually everyone has a few symptoms of PCOS, but you need to have the "constellation" to have PCOS.

Please don't look too hard trying to find reasons for one miscarriage. It was prob. just one of those things and stressing too much over it only will cause you heartache because you end up questioning everything and consumed with guilt about something that probably just was never meant to be If you have more than one in a row then you need to start looking harder for a cause, but at this point, I would just TTC again.

If it gives you peace of mind to have your thyroid checked, that may be a good idea, but I do not think you need to have any kind of full workup or anything like that.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    End of january would be great. I'm so sorry.
    Thanks Atomic, I appreciate it.

It was so surreal to get a BFP after my first attempt. I kind of knew something was off. I had typical symptoms for the first few weeks and then a sharp drop off. When I started bleeding on Monday I had a bad feeling. But walking around thinking everything was ok when it wasn't was no good, now I know and I can move on. I do know the drill for swaying, just have to get back to it.

I am going to do a much more Gender Dreaming HE sway this time, not eliminating healthy foods that I love, like Oats because A-gender recommended it. The diet last time was the pits until I switched it to be more HE.

My Gender Dreaming

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast