Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

(Another) quick question about BD frequency

Hi everyone, I know these questions are asked ALL the time but I'm really hoping to get it "right" this cycle. I'm TTCing a boy and am day 14 now, my OPKs have been negative but I got a good fade in this morning so I'm pretty sure it'll be positive this afternoon. I'm really focussing on BD frequency because with my girls my DH had his usual "release" pattern of pretty much daily (not all BDing, lol, although we BDed a lot in the fertile period.) This time we're BDing every second day with NO other *ahem* release for DH and (sorry if TMI) I can definitely tell that the sperm volume has increased. Anyway we BDed last night (twice) and if the OPK turns positive as expected we'll go again tonight but should we go for it tomorrow night as well? Is that too often?
    Mummy to three gorgeous girls :
    DD1 7
    DD2 6
    DD3 2
    DS born sep 13

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds great. You usually O about 24 - 36 hours after +OPK. You should try and BD every other day after AF leaves town, then try to get in 3 BDs in 24 hours...like that night, next morning, and then next night. The seminal fluid from previous BDs is laying the groundwork and the BDs after +OPK are going to be there to meet the egg Good luck!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Id go for it tomorrow night as well

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the replies, OPKs still nearly but not quite positive so hopefully tomorrow. It does give me a BD "rest" though!
    DD1 7
    DD2 6
    DD3 2
    DS born sep 13

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=Mum to three girls;329405] I'm really focussing on BD frequency because with my girls my DH had his usual "release" pattern of pretty much daily (not all BDing, lol, although we BDed a lot in the fertile period.) This time we're BDing every second day with NO other *ahem* release for DH and (sorry if TMI) QUOTE]

Can I ask how long you have been BDing every second day? My DH has the same usual release as yours, and is not a happy camper with the new schedule, but would really like a boy so he is willing to comply. My first attempt is beginning of Feb, do you think I am being overcautious to start slowing down from now?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just this cycle, from AF onwards. Longer could well be better but I don't think he could sustain it! Sorry if TMI but I've definitely noticed way more *um* volume since he's "releasing" less often. Hopefully it makes a difference.
    DD1 7
    DD2 6
    DD3 2
    DS born sep 13

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to say good luck. I'm a boy mom and although I'm swaying and not 100% sold that it isn't all still 50/50. I will say that for both times I got my boys, DH and I weren't doing the deed very often. They were both one shots around 0, with like a week between of DH releasing. There was definitely lots of volume each time (putting that out there!) The idea between frequency of release for swaying is probably the one thing I'm most sold on.
    Praying for a 2013