Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ohh no ,, my dh's semen has naturally ph of around 9. does that mean there is smthg wrong ??? would i get my boy???

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTunaSushi View Post
    Great- so the whole IG thing is really about Shettle's poor assumption that Y sperm thrive at higher pH's. That is good since I don't think my pH will ever be that high!

Just a question though- when ever I check my EWCM, it doesn't really come out on the pH strip since it is so stretchy- and doesn't absorb in the ph strip. Is that normal?
    There are others who made that assumption as well - a lot of Ericcson stuff is also based on the idea - SO much of the traditional sway is based on this idea and it's like trying to build a house on shifting sand. No matter how fine a house you build, if the foundation is flawed, it's not going to be as good a place to live as a home with a firm foundation.

I am a little confused by your question - if you leave it for 10 mintues, does it absorb and then the stick changes colors?? Or it never changes colors? There should be some liquid in the mucus even though it is stretchy, if you leave it a bit it will absorb into the test stick. If not, you may have low ionic strenght and need a digital tester.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wantason View Post
    ohh no ,, my dh's semen has naturally ph of around 9. does that mean there is smthg wrong ??? would i get my boy???
    If the pH theory is valid then absolutely that would be good news and you would be more likely to conceive a boy.

If he is taking any supplements to raise pH that is prob. why his pH is that high.

I am a little worried that the high pH, if it signals an infection or some other problem, might even trigger a low sperm count which would sway pink regardless of his pH. If he's not taking any supps, he might want to get checked out by a doctor just to be 100% sure he is ok.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you there, it's probably nothing but it is better to be safe than sorry. ♥

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DH Ph is always like 8-9 ( still did not get a boy...)so why is that not normal? And he is just fine not sick at all. Or now I have to think he got some infection all the time?
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I am lost.... What is a good ph for hubby if I want a girl? His used to be a 9 before vita/herbs and now it is a high 7... he does have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, gout, and environment allergies.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    My DH Ph is always like 8-9 ( still did not get a boy...)so why is that not normal? And he is just fine not sick at all. Or now I have to think he got some infection all the time?
    8 is probably ok but most guys are in the 7's normally (this is from WebMD and the World Health Organization, not some wacky website LOL). I"m sure there is a wide range of "normal" but I would maybe have him checked out just to make sure - if he does have some sort of low-grade infection it could def. make his count low and make you more likely to conceive girls.

If he has been taking any supps that can make his pH higher.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    Ok I am lost.... What is a good ph for hubby if I want a girl? His used to be a 9 before vita/herbs and now it is a high 7... he does have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, gout, and environment allergies.
    I think his pH went down because he is getting healthier. You can get a boy or a girl if his pH is in the 7's, that is normal pH.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If the pH theory is valid then absolutely that would be good news and you would be more likely to conceive a boy.

If he is taking any supplements to raise pH that is prob. why his pH is that high.

I am a little worried that the high pH, if it signals an infection or some other problem, might even trigger a low sperm count which would sway pink regardless of his pH. If he's not taking any supps, he might want to get checked out by a doctor just to be 100% sure he is ok.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you there, it's probably nothing but it is better to be safe than sorry. ♥
    shal i get him one course of antibiotic which will remove any infection if its there??

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think his pH went down because he is getting healthier. You can get a boy or a girl if his pH is in the 7's, that is normal pH.
    Well he is happy about the getting healthier part.... but oddly still wants to check his ph until we get preg
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    8 is probably ok but most guys are in the 7's normally (this is from WebMD and the World Health Organization, not some wacky website LOL). I"m sure there is a wide range of "normal" but I would maybe have him checked out just to make sure - if he does have some sort of low-grade infection it could def. make his count low and make you more likely to conceive girls.

If he has been taking any supps that can make his pH higher.
    I checked his Ph yesterday and it was 7.8! So just fine!
    Anyway he was tested once and his count was even higher the average. Still got DD3 after that.
    +1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast