Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, thank goodness for that! I suspect that diet can make their pH bump up temporarily, it must only be when it's chronically high that there's a problem.

I agree about the pH Flava, I have seen so many people with pH all over the maps with babies of both genders.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Back again, worrying why DH is usually a 8 is now hovering in the 7s. Again, please remind me why we believe that 9 is ideal?
    TTC Blue!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I DON'T believe that 9 is ideal!!!!!

7's is normal semen pH. I would suspect that he might have had a low-grade infection that was raising his pH a little and now it's cleared up (which is actually a very very very good thing for his sperm count and swaying blue.)

If you are super concerned about it, you can try having him drink BSD and lemon water to raise his pH but honestly, I would be quite happy with pH in the 7's. That is a sign of a healthy male repro tract. "Normal semen pH is 7.2-8.0. Prostatic secretion is acidic while seminal vesicle fluid is alkaline (seminal fructose is derived from seminal vesicles). Acidic ejaculate (pH<7.2) may be associated with blockage of seminal vesicles. Infection is usually associated with alkaline ejaculate (pH >8.0_ Azoospermia with low ejaculate volume, fructose negative and acidic may imply obstruction of the ejaculatory ducts. pH over 8.0 may indicate infection" http://www.uhmc.sunysb.edu/urology/m..._ANALYSIS.html

The swaying lore holds that Y sperm "love" high pH but the evidence does not seem to bear that out.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking about this - if semen is designed to have a pH in the 7s, wouldn't high pH as well as low pH sway pink in that it wouldn't be optimal for the sperm to survive in?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, quite possibly, but I believe that the high pH is mitigated by the naturally very low pH of the vaginal canal so it doesn't have the same negative effect on the sperm as very low pH and can actually help more sperm to survive and sway blue that way.

If you average pH 9 with 4.5 and then add copious amounts of EWCM to that, you're more sperm friendly than you would if you average pH 7 with 4.5 (or even lower than 7 if you use lime) and then add Acijel and take antihistamines to dry up CM. Net total, even with the high pH, the traditional blue sway is still more sperm-friendly than the traditional pink sway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123