Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: days of ewcm

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyfay311 View Post
    So if that same thing happens to me, I should bd before O rather than on O day?
    I would. I think the EWCM is why timing works in the first place (because of patterns that many people have) so it makes no sense to me to stick slavishly to timing while ignoring the EWCM, since that's probably how timing sways.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you feel comfortable with it, you can use a clean finger to swipe up near your cervix to see if you have EWCM there. Another good way to check is right after you have had a BM - it tends to come out with that pushing Use a tp piece(s) to wipe just over the anus from behind front-to-back, then another clean tissue to wipe (front-to-back again) from the vagina back and check that to see if you see CM. Or again, use a clean finger to swipe near your cervix to see if it has pooled.

I have found that my EWCM cuts off almost as soon as O has occurred - I will have EWCM one day, get a high temp the next and it is *gone*. I have also had a few cycles where I had EWCM in the morning then was dry as a desert by night... and the next morning got my high temp. I think I O'd in the morning on those days. One benefit I think to charting even before TTC is you notice little patterns like that for your body.

I agree with Atomic that your body's pattern is what to set your timing by!
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I would. I think the EWCM is why timing works in the first place (because of patterns that many people have) so it makes no sense to me to stick slavishly to timing while ignoring the EWCM, since that's probably how timing sways.
    thats interesting, never thuught of it that way. makes sense, sex SUCKS (even more than TTC sex) with no CM. and how would that sperm get there on the day of O if it has no transportation. wow, light went off in my head. thx!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skrimpy View Post
    I get 3-4 days of EWCM usually, with more watery/creamy for a couple of days before that. 7 days is just WOW! Are you taking any supps?
    no supplments, thats why earlier, i THINK i asked this, if i am reading my CM wrong. i mean on the 1st 2-3 days and last 2-3 days of those 7-8 days of ewcm, it is coupled with creamy and even sticky, but according to fertility friend you have to record the most fertile. so on my chart it looks like 7-8 days of ewcm. i drink a lot of water if that does anything..but i mean like only 3-4 16oz glasses.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the thoughts re: the CM prior to O ... I think my approach will be to DTD on peak CM day and probably again on O day, maybe with preseed then... luckily I have several months ahead of me before actually TTC so I can think about my attempt three million more times ;-)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    thats interesting, never thuught of it that way. makes sense, sex SUCKS (even more than TTC sex) with no CM. and how would that sperm get there on the day of O if it has no transportation. wow, light went off in my head. thx!
    Exactly! You're so very welcome!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts re: the CM prior to O ... I think my approach will be to DTD on peak CM day and probably again on O day, maybe with preseed then... luckily I have several months ahead of me before actually TTC so I can think about my attempt three million more times ;-)
    I think that's a great idea, with the preseed and hopefully a very nice female O beforehand!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    no supplments, thats why earlier, i THINK i asked this, if i am reading my CM wrong. i mean on the 1st 2-3 days and last 2-3 days of those 7-8 days of ewcm, it is coupled with creamy and even sticky, but according to fertility friend you have to record the most fertile. so on my chart it looks like 7-8 days of ewcm. i drink a lot of water if that does anything..but i mean like only 3-4 16oz glasses.
    No, it still counts as long as there is any EWCM because I personally believe if given the choice, the spermies will head straight for the good stuff and avoid the sticky stuff!

Water does def. help with EWCM but dont' go overboard because too much water can make you sick.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skrimpy View Post
    If you feel comfortable with it, you can use a clean finger to swipe up near your cervix to see if you have EWCM there. Another good way to check is right after you have had a BM - it tends to come out with that pushing Use a tp piece(s) to wipe just over the anus from behind front-to-back, then another clean tissue to wipe (front-to-back again) from the vagina back and check that to see if you see CM. Or again, use a clean finger to swipe near your cervix to see if it has pooled.

I have found that my EWCM cuts off almost as soon as O has occurred - I will have EWCM one day, get a high temp the next and it is *gone*. I have also had a few cycles where I had EWCM in the morning then was dry as a desert by night... and the next morning got my high temp. I think I O'd in the morning on those days. One benefit I think to charting even before TTC is you notice little patterns like that for your body.

I agree with Atomic that your body's pattern is what to set your timing by!
    This was just such a good answer I wanted to post it twice LOL! Thank you skrimpy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12