Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Luck For those of you who are ttc after a loss

Hi ladies.. just wondering if anyone else is ttc after a loss. I have 3 healthy girls, but have had 3 chemical pregnancies (or very early losses, by 5 to 6 weeks), and a tubal rupture/simultaneous normally implanted twin loss at 10 weeks. Of the 5 miscarriages, 3 were between my 2 youngest daughters and 2 were just a couple months ago, back to back. I have been through a lot of testing, with all clear results. They did not check my progesterone or any other hormone levels.

So, with this tww and hopefully pregnancy, I will be taking:
    4,000 mcg folic acid
    100 mg progesterone suppository 2x daily
    prenatals with dha

Anyone else in the same boat? What supplements are you using in addition to your boy diet?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yikes girl! you have seen the up and the down of miscarriages. I had a miscarriage in December but I think it was genetic because their was a gestational sac, but nothing growing in it.

I do agree with the folic acid levels. I am 37 so I really need that high amount of FA. As for progesterone...I have mixed feelings. I had two miscarriages between DD1 and DD2 and I could swear they were related to low progesterone. When I finally got prego with DD2 the doctor put me on progesterone supplements, which were not fun.

I talked with an OB when I was having my miscarriage in Dec 12 and he said they aren't as keen about the progesterone supplements anymore because either your body is able to support a pregnancy on its own, or it isn't. Sounds too simple but it made sense to me.

I am taking prenatals, CoQ10, anti-oxidants, Vit D, brewer's yeast, probiotics, folic acid and I am drinking green tea and taking a tbsp of raw honey each day...I think that's it...have you thought of implementing supplements that increase your overall fertility? That should help increase your chances of a boy.

Do you have a plan from Atomic? If you don't that may be a good option. I am sure she'll take all your previous data from your miscarriages and come up with some ideas that will target your fertility.

Good luck, here's hoping we both get boys!!!

Forgot to add: I'm taking Fertile CM and Fish oil as well, my counter looks like a pharmacy TOO!!!
    Last edited by Adia; January 25th, 2013 at 07:43 AM.

My Gender Dreaming

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YUP...I'm TTC after a m/c at 12 weeks in October. This is my 3rd attempt since, and nothing but BFNs so far. It's so hard, I'm so sorry for your losses.

Did your doc put you on progesterone? You say you haven't had your hormone levels checked, are you getting the progesterone OTC?

I am taking a PILE of supplements, my vanity looks like a pharmacy. Krill oil, probiotics, vitamin D, folic acid (total 4500mcg), resveratrol, maca root, prenatals, zinc, ALA, ubiquinol, B100s, fertile CM, preseed. I was doing soy iso's but I'm dropping this time around, they were really messing up my cycle.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the other ladies covered it but you may also need extra iron

18-30 mg elemental iron in addition to prenatal

you have lost a lot of blood recently
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ