Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck princess of pink. Hope a blue one catched the egg

KikiCal when we were going to start IVF our Dr said that what DH did 3months ago would effect his sperm now so I assume 1 month would not be enough but I would try anyway. I'm to impatient.

So I have read alot about people putting on weight doing a boy diet. I am actually loosing weight as I normally eat alot of yogurt, custard and ice-cream. I am not having any dairy now except milk in my tea and the occassional bit of cheese. Do you think this is a problem and will sway pink? I am having rolled oats every morning with V8 or pineapple juice but wondering if I should have something else also.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ollynem i was losing weight on the boy diet and was lucky enough to get a boy, i think it is all up to what you nourish your body with, in the case of starving yourself to lose weight would sway pink.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Cinss I'm definately not starving myself. I think I am eating really well maybe abit to much readmeat and large quantities I think its the reducion in the sugar content of the icecream and yogurt thats doing it. Plus the yogurt and icecream were often after lunch and dinner as extras. So maybe I am not eating enough seeing as I probably have reduced calories although it wasnt intentional.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollynem View Post
    Good luck princess of pink. Hope a blue one catched the egg

KikiCal when we were going to start IVF our Dr said that what DH did 3months ago would effect his sperm now so I assume 1 month would not be enough but I would try anyway. I'm to impatient.

So I have read alot about people putting on weight doing a boy diet. I am actually loosing weight as I normally eat alot of yogurt, custard and ice-cream. I am not having any dairy now except milk in my tea and the occassional bit of cheese. Do you think this is a problem and will sway pink? I am having rolled oats every morning with V8 or pineapple juice but wondering if I should have something else also.
    Thanks for the response. That is what I figured, I was just wondering (hoping) that there might be some benefits immediately from taking the supplements.

I think the diet is different for different people depending on how your body works. My blood sugar has always seemed to drop quickly and suddenly so I have been trying to eat snacks all day long, in addition to my meals which are usually salad and protein. It has taken some planning but I will eat cereal and almonds, crackers with sliced meat, larabars, V8 and almonds, cantaloupe with peanuts. I am trying not to eat too many nuts because they're so fattening but it's an easy protein to take to work with me. I have also been drinking a protein shake after working out. I feel like this helps me eat throughout the day but with smaller portions. I still feel like I'm getting flabbier but I'm trying to not let it bother me. I'm lifting weights 4 times a week for 25-35 minutes and cardio 2-3 times a week for 30 minutes. I'm hoping if it takes awhile to get pregnant this will help the weight gain. Hope that helps.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your missing your ice cream Ollynem here is a great substitute - Banana Peanut butter Icecream

Ingredients - 2 ripe bananas, 1 tbs natural peanut butter'

Method - Peel the bananas, slice them, and place slices on a plate. Freeze for at least two hours.

Place frozen bananas and peanut butter in a food processor and blend well. Enjoy immediately or freeze in a glass container until solid.

You can put melted dark chocolate or shredded coconut on top if you wish

Enjoy.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Kikical I think I know what you mean, Iam constantly getting hungry so I eat more often, just basically grazing through the day. Being on this diet has really sped my metabolism up quite abit. Even though Iam doing treadmill 3xs and weight 3-4 I still feel big Ive gone butch!! Lol it's so horrible

PoP have you had any attempts??
    Married To my Teenage Sweet since 2009

Mummy to 2011 & Newly

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by afy View Post
    Kikical I think I know what you mean, Iam constantly getting hungry so I eat more often, just basically grazing through the day. Being on this diet has really sped my metabolism up quite abit. Even though Iam doing treadmill 3xs and weight 3-4 I still feel big Ive gone butch!! Lol it's so horrible

Exactly how I feel!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hoping to join you all here this month after our MMC and D&C on 2/7 Waiting for AF to arrive, fingers crossed she shows any day now (never thought I would want to see her) and we will then be trying again. I have to be honest and say that we haven't been swaying, though we did continue our vitamins and I started drinking green tea again after I found out about the MC - maybe that will be enough? GOOD LUCK this month ladies!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry for your loss. I have experienced something similar and it's not fun. Welcome to ttc again and good luck!! Hope it's a short journey for you.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by afy View Post
    Yep sure have!! Fingers crossed!

Now I have a dilemma...Yesterday I got a smiley face opk....but a cheapie didn't look quite positive. CBFM was high but I expect that as it is my first month using it and most people don't get a peak on the first month. This morning my opk was negative again. I wonder if I surged but didn't O? Or if it was a faulty test? Cheapie today looks closer to +ve than yesterday. Temps don't reflect O. Will keep testing and see what happens.

Welcome back otp and so sorry for your loss, hope you get a quick BFP!
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast