Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help- TTC boy first time

Hello! I am very new to this. My husband and I have two girls and we really want a boy this time around. I know it would make him so happy! I just want to make sure I am doing everything right and if there are any other suggestions. This will be our first month of TTC!!

I am currently taking:
    Folic acid
    Fish oil (mercury free)
    Potassium
    I plan to use Mucinex expectorant from the last day of my AF to O
    Should I do BSF???

My DH:
    Potassium
    Zinc
    l-arginine
    fish oil

Are there any other supplements you recommend?

For my diet, I cut out dairy- eating a lot of bananas, red meat and veggies things like that

We are so excited to try for our last child!
    Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

We do things a teensy bit different on here, most of us do keep doing dairy (and getting boys that way) but just be sure, above all else, that you're eating a wide variety of foods (even if you choose to skip the dairy for now) and try to get protein and carbs at every meal and snack, and please be sure you're getting a good amount of healthy fat like the kind in meat and eggs.

I do really recommend taking a prenatal or multivitamin. I know some of you guys have paranoia about vitamins with calcium in them but we get great results with them for our blue swayers. I got my last two boys taking Woman's One a Day (the orange one) and dropped it to get my girl. If you can't do that, then please do add in 1000 IU Vit D taken by itself and possibly a B complex but ONLY if you can find one that does not have the massive megadoses of B vitamins - if it has 100% of the DRV that is great, but skip it if all you can find are the ones with 800-1000%

I really can't recommend BSF, it prevented conception and did not seem to help the outcome of sways anyway. (plus it causes horrible vaginal infections) Most of us on here use Preseed alone without the baking soda.

Most of our hubbies take a mens' over 50 vitamin instead of the zinc taken alone.

I'd also take a probiotic for both you and DH. I know some places claim this sways pink but it is the ONLY supplement we have ever had when taken by pink swayers, that got worse than 50-50 odds. We got 60% boys with probiotics and now use it only for blue sways.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi and welcome!

We do things a teensy bit different on here, most of us do keep doing dairy (and getting boys that way) but just be sure, above all else, that you're eating a wide variety of foods (even if you choose to skip the dairy for now) and try to get protein and carbs at every meal and snack, and please be sure you're getting a good amount of healthy fat like the kind in meat and eggs.

I do really recommend taking a prenatal or multivitamin. I know some of you guys have paranoia about vitamins with calcium in them but we get great results with them for our blue swayers. I got my last two boys taking Woman's One a Day (the orange one) and dropped it to get my girl. If you can't do that, then please do add in 1000 IU Vit D taken by itself and possibly a B complex but ONLY if you can find one that does not have the massive megadoses of B vitamins - if it has 100% of the DRV that is great, but skip it if all you can find are the ones with 800-1000%

I really can't recommend BSF, it prevented conception and did not seem to help the outcome of sways anyway. (plus it causes horrible vaginal infections) Most of us on here use Preseed alone without the baking soda.

Most of our hubbies take a mens' over 50 vitamin instead of the zinc taken alone.

I'd also take a probiotic for both you and DH. I know some places claim this sways pink but it is the ONLY supplement we have ever had when taken by pink swayers, that got worse than 50-50 odds. We got 60% boys with probiotics and now use it only for blue sways.

Can you pls let me know is this the one you have taken
    https://www.target.com/p/one-a-day-w...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not the gummy ones, the regular pills https://www.target.com/p/one-a-day-1...rch|15645357|1

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    No not the gummy ones, the regular pills https://www.target.com/p/one-a-day-1...rch|15645357|1

I just got the chew gum

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there any ovulation prediction kit you suggest ? I am planning to get Clear blue advanced digital ovulation test, I know you don't recommend any brands, , it would be easy for me if u suggest.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by anga236 View Post
    I just got the chew gum
    They're better than nothing but they have a lot less nutrients than the other ones.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by anga236 View Post
    Is there any ovulation prediction kit you suggest ? I am planning to get Clear blue advanced digital ovulation test, I know you don't recommend any brands, , it would be easy for me if u suggest.
    I don't love the Clearblues as they are very expensive for what they are and just as unreliable as the strip kind. Some people prefer them but I have had as much trouble if not more with the Clearblues.

I would order Wondfo from Formosa Medical (other companies sell other things and call them Wondfo but only the Formosa ones are legit) and here is a link. https://www.amazon.com/50-Ovulation-.../dp/B00986X3TW

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much atomic !!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post