Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please prove me wrong!

I know timing isn't everything but...i have combed through all the unsuccessful boy sways here and on IG. It seems like all the ladies who DTD right after a positive opk got a girl. The way things worked out for us, we DTD the night of the first positive and the next night (ovulation day). I am convinced it's a girl now and depressed. Please prove me wrong!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I BD all week with both of my boys but conceived right around O. I don't think cut off works for me. I am going to try one attempt at positive OPK this time to try to get a girl. There is another woman on my other girl birth board and she BD at all different times and she has both genders, She has a girl from a 5 day cut off. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Think about all the people who have girls and boys and never changed a thing!

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing is really not that effective for a sway. You have to consider ALL the other pieces of the puzzle- frequency of BD, diet, lifestlye, etc. You can't just pick ONE element and only focus on that. That isn't swaying.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With both my ds's we dtd after I got positive opk and did the dtd right through ovulation. Both my dd's where oops one attempt.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are finding that it is number of attempts that sways and not timing. One attempt sways somewhat pink. 2 attempts is much "bluer" and since you were in with 2 attempts, that is a decent blue sway and I wouldn't wory about it. Timing DOES NOT WORK. REal scientific studies have been done on it and the good ones show that it doesn't work, about 50-50 boys and girls are conceived with BD every day of the cycle. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

What you have to nderstand when you look at the spreadsheets both here and on IG is that it is NEVER just "timing". It's timing/number of attempts + girl diet or boy diet plus a ton of other sway tactics. If you did other sway tactics with your two attempts, I think you're in with a good chance.

The majority of the gals who got opposites on this site (not all, but most) had some complicating factor such as a husband who was smoking with their sway or had erectile dysfunction due to chronically low testosterone. So you can pore over the numbers till the cows come home but please try to keep in mind that the numbers do not always tell the story.

Sending you a ton of blue dust.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maudster View Post
    I BD all week with both of my boys but conceived right around O. I don't think cut off works for me. I am going to try one attempt at positive OPK this time to try to get a girl. There is another woman on my other girl birth board and she BD at all different times and she has both genders, She has a girl from a 5 day cut off. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Think about all the people who have girls and boys and never changed a thing!
    If you BD all week you can't know what BD resulted in your conception. Just wanted to clarify that. Sperm lives in your body for possibly as long as 5 days after an ejaculation and you don't conceive till you ovulate no matter how you slice it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    True^^. I never thought of it like that! So I was swayed blue because of all of my attempts. Good! Because I'm only doing once this time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1st DS 12/09 2nd DS 6/12

Swaying for my beautiful girl!!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With ds1 & 2 we bd very close to ov (wasn't aware of opks then!) just the once which is good for pink. It wasn't enough though as my diet outbalanced the pinkness of our one attempt & abstain. I was well-nourished & ate frequently too. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived ds3 with attempt a day before pos opk and attempt on O day.
    DS1 DS2 DS3

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    We are finding that it is number of attempts that sways and not timing. One attempt sways somewhat pink. 2 attempts is much "bluer" and since you were in with 2 attempts, that is a decent blue sway and I wouldn't wory about it. Timing DOES NOT WORK. REal scientific studies have been done on it and the good ones show that it doesn't work, about 50-50 boys and girls are conceived with BD every day of the cycle. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

What you have to nderstand when you look at the spreadsheets both here and on IG is that it is NEVER just "timing". It's timing/number of attempts + girl diet or boy diet plus a ton of other sway tactics. If you did other sway tactics with your two attempts, I think you're in with a good chance.

The majority of the gals who got opposites on this site (not all, but most) had some complicating factor such as a husband who was smoking with their sway or had erectile dysfunction due to chronically low testosterone. So you can pore over the numbers till the cows come home but please try to keep in mind that the numbers do not always tell the story.

Sending you a ton of blue dust.
    Thank you for your thoughts ladies! Atomic, I read your article on timing and I totally agree with it. My own logical brain tells me Shettles is impossible. It makes it so unlikely to conceive a boy at all if only right at ovulation time. There is no way the world's population of men were only conceived from one time on ovulation day. My own grandmother had 8 boys and 2 girls and there was no technology to help you figure anything out back then! But, so many people seem to succeed with Shettles but it could be sheer coincidence!

I'm just really stressed out overanalyzing everything! I didn't know about this website and all the swaying beforehand. I did increase my supplements before my BFP, like Vitamin D, B vitamin whole food with folate and iron, pre-natals. I ate breakfast cereal with almond milk most mornings and a high calorie diet but it did include bread, cheese and sweets - basically a little (or a lot) of everything!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast