Thread: diet and 2ww

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

diet and 2ww

ive been reading that some ppl continue the boy diet in 2ww..why? once the embryo is formed thats IT! boy or girl.

is it just to wean slowly OFF the diet? bc its not like the diet would "nurture" the boy parts and avoid changing him into a girl right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think its so that your body has steady siganls for blue incase of a bfn. If one week your high protein and the next week your back to sugary carbs or whatever your pre sway diet was then it sends mixed signals. Plus a blue bean needs steadt glucose levels not fluctuating, I think?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would stay on it until BFP. You are trying to keep your body in a specific state and if you go off it for 2 weeks you are not keeping yourself in that state IF you do need to try again.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    ive been reading that some ppl continue the boy diet in 2ww..why? once the embryo is formed thats IT! boy or girl.

is it just to wean slowly OFF the diet? bc its not like the diet would "nurture" the boy parts and avoid changing him into a girl right?
    Actually it's quite important to stay on the diet during the 2WW because XY fertilized eggs need steady and even glucose levels in the CM in order to develop and implant properly in the uterus. XY does not grow as well in lower glucose environments.

Also, if you don't get a BFP, you will undo a lot of the good you did during those 2 weeks!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post

Just to totally clarify, YES gender is set at conception but the baby does not implant until 10-12 days later and XY NEEDS glucose in the CM in order to develop properly. Everyone needs to stay on the diet during the 2WW for this reason.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Just to totally clarify, YES gender is set at conception but the baby does not implant until 10-12 days later and XY NEEDS glucose in the CM in order to develop properly. Everyone needs to stay on the diet during the 2WW for this reason.
    okay got it now. so its mostly for implantation and if that doesnt occur to maintain whatever levels of hormones/minerals you have to try again the next cycle. so is it best then to gradual wean yourself off the diet AFTER BFP..or should we stay on longer?? or okay to immediately stop after bfp? i guess a gradual wean would be best, right?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A gradual wean is better in terms of blood sugar, but I do think you need to add back in dairy and cut back on sodium IMMEDIATELY upon getting a BFP because it is not good for you or baby to be eating that way when pg.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    A gradual wean is better in terms of blood sugar, but I do think you need to add back in dairy and cut back on sodium IMMEDIATELY upon getting a BFP because it is not good for you or baby to be eating that way when pg.
    yes this for sure Im so eating some joghurt and cheese after my bfp (which I will get in Oct. and of course it will be a boy)
    ok I need to wake up, but for sure I do this if I get a bfp.
    +1