Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too much of a good thing?

Is there such thing as too much of a good thing when it comes to how much moisture there is while Dtd?

It's always been this way with dh, but just curious if I would benefit from trying to catch in a cup.

This may be tmi, but afterwards, there's no way I can lay or hold myself to keep it all in. I want to use preseed for my ttc attempts, but worry that too much will just push out the "good stuff".

I'm officially ttc after this next AF (should happen this weekend)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of the sperm get to where they got to go lol most of the stuff that comes out isn't sperm. You can still use preseed and you don't have to use alot a little goes a long way. I would just prop my hips up with two pillows underneath me and lay there for 30 mins.

2007 2008 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you need preseed if "lubrication" is not your problem! Preseed is just the medium, and too much, IMO, just waters down the product, IYKWIM.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You think? I still haven't gone to buy it yet, and I'm going over my sway plan now (other than supplements, I've been slacking)

It's just that everyone seems to have pretty good success with it...

And I don't know if it's lub that I don't have a problem with or...ugh...supply and demand?

I think I'll use it on the days leading up to O, but go light on it during the first +opk, and then use it as instructed for the rest of the time. I think that I may dry out by the following attempts. I vaguely remember it being like that when ttc a boy when we Dtd for dd the difference this time will not be waiting until my +opk to Dtd.....well, plus the exercise, supplements, and as much of the diet as I can manage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitmama85 View Post
    You think? I still haven't gone to buy it yet, and I'm going over my sway plan now (other than supplements, I've been slacking)

It's just that everyone seems to have pretty good success with it...

And I don't know if it's lub that I don't have a problem with or...ugh...supply and demand?

I think I'll use it on the days leading up to O, but go light on it during the first +opk, and then use it as instructed for the rest of the time. I think that I may dry out by the following attempts. I vaguely remember it being like that when ttc a boy when we Dtd for dd the difference this time will not be waiting until my +opk to Dtd.....well, plus the exercise, supplements, and as much of the diet as I can manage.
    I think that sounds like a good plan

2007 2008 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I think you're really asking two separate q's here so will divvy them up and take one at a time.

1)Yes, there has been some precedence with some blue swayers where either DH couldn't get "there" because there was so much lubrication that...welllll I'm sure it's obvious what I'm trying to say. The solution to that is using less Preseed and relying more on natural CM.

Some other people found that they were actually not getting pg when using extraneous EWCM-analogues. It was most common with EW but Preseed has also seemed to possibly prevent conception for some. It ~may~ be that if there's too much lubricant going on, the sperm isn't quite sure where to swim to and it might be better to cut back and allow the CM to form a bit of a "trail of bread crumbs" for the sperm to follow into the cervix. So again, less may be more when it comes to Preseed; if you have a fair bit of EWCM, you may want to use it only as a lube or even not at all if you've gotten BFN's while using it.

2)Second question - when the "stuff" comes out, that's totally normal. It's meant to do that. After a few minutes, most of the healthy and viable sperm has left the semen and gone into your CM (remember, there can be hundreds of millions of those little buggers). The semen liquefies and exits, but that does not mean that you have fewer sperm (or at least not by much).

I do NOT think it's a good idea to use the cups. First of all, having DH ejac into one may lower his sperm numbers and his testosterone (actually DTD vs. masturbation yields higher numbers of sperm and testosterone). Secondly, putting it in with a load of goodness is really really really hard and you almost always end up spilling at least some of it anyway. Thirdly, even were you to DTD naturally and then insert the cup afterwards, it's impossible to do that without losing a fair amount of semen anyway and then you've effectively sealed your cervix shut from whatever didn't make it into the cup when you inserted it!

I think that if you lay flat for 15-30 min. after intercourse, that's plenty. If you can lie there and go to sleep afterwards, hey great. But don't get too caught up in worrying if some leakage occurs, that's totally normal and doesn't mean a thing. We all have that happen!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rabbitmama, I do want to point out that you have just the one (gorgeous) little girl and it may very well be the case that you'll conceive a boy this time all on your own - I just don't want you to feel like you HAVE to use Preseed if it doesn't work for you guys as a couple. If you were coming in with 4 or 5 girls already and had never used Preseed I would be urging you to, but we're just not sure that you are even "set" for girls, KWIM?? Most people have a girl and a boy without any effort at all and sometimes in the rush to sway, we end up shooting ourselves in the foot by fixing something that wasn't even broke.

It is normal for your body to send out that first rush of lubrication and then kinda dry up - that happens to everyone, you're not doing anything wrong there.

I think it may be a great idea for you guys to use it in the days leading up to attempts, and then once you start attempts, you may want to ditch the Preseed if you have some natural goodness happening. You may even want to skip a shower (sorry TMI) the day after you start attempts because the leftover semen itself probably does exactly what the Preseed does.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that I'm not "preset" to girls, but I also know that I'm not planning a big family where I get lots of chances. At this point, I think it's unlikely that dh will really be up to 3 kids...I don't know. It depends on how my labor and delivery go this time around (last time was not so good and I am still recovering emotionally).

So, with that in mind, I'm just trying to put the odds in our favor. If I have a boy next, and I get to have a happy ending vbac, I will be happy to be team green with a third baby and not mind what sort of "parts" it comes with. However, if my vbac fails in a way that leaves me feeling broken, again, I don't know if I will be able to go through it again, nor do I think dh will want to.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Makes sense to me!!

(((hugs))) and prayers for a positive birth experience next time.