Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone with Gluten/Wheat allergies try or have a successful boy sway?

So I believe it was Atomic that said something to me about staying about from rice for my boy sway? ( I can't find where I thought I read this ) BUT I have celiac. Sooooo I eat mostly rice bread and corn pastas I wanted to know if this is going to hurt my sway or if there is anything I can do to help my chances? Also I wanted to know if anyone else on here has a wheat allergy and is attempting to sway blue or successfully swayed blue. And if you have any advice for me.

Edit: So Atomic DID NOT say any of this. Someone somewhere did. But I just don't remember. It might not have even been this site. I am on sway over load!!! My apologies to Atomic!
    Last edited by TTCaPRINCE; June 12th, 2013 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Stating in correct information

DD 2007

Prayed & Swayed for a boy ...
    & it's a BOY!!!! Born May 23rd 2014

Psalm 37:4
    Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have a wheat allergy but I know two women that are gluten free, one has 2 girls and one boy the other has 2 of each!! So you have a good chance :P. I think rice makes you acidic, not sure though! Atomic will know !!
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Count me in! I am celiac too! I have been gluten free since 2009. I have just cut WAY back on any carbs like bread, pasta, etc since I have been swaying. It is hard at first, but we are used to cutting things out, aren't we !

Instead of eating a sandwich, I'll roll a some lunch meat around a cheese stick and have some lime Tostitos chips with it....its kind of like getting over wheat, you get used to it after a while and your cravings drop off.

I would try incorporating potatoes into your diet if you mainly eat corn and rice. Potatoes are good for a boy sway. I didn't eat potatoes much before swaying I eat them constantly now. Mashed potatoes, salt potatoes, Dh makes killer sliced roasted potatoes, toss potatoes in dry ranch dressing and roast them, etc. Lots of option...I love french fries, although quite fattening...

Nuts are a huge help too. Although also quite fattening they provide some good protein and good fat and just overall energy. I try to eat a 2 small handfuls of dry roasted peanuts and m&m's if I am craving something sweet to keep my consumption down but to also satisfy my cravings.

Hope that helps. Once I read "Eating smarter, not harder for blue" it helped a lot. One thing Atomic says is "instead of eating meat, avocado, and carbs...just eat meat and avocado." I have really shifted my thinking that way.
    I have gained 15lbs but with my body type it could have been a lot more. I have been swaying for 8 months so every bite counts at this point.

Good luck girlie, you can do it. If we can live without wheat we can cut out other things for a little while.

I am in the 2ww so this is me:

My Gender Dreaming

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't matter what kind of carbs you are eating as long as you are eating protein with it. Its all about not having your blood sugar spike, you want it to stay level all the time which is why on the HE diet we eat protein + carb around every 2 hours or so

2007 2008 2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Adia View Post
    Count me in! I am celiac too! I have been gluten free since 2009. I have just cut WAY back on any carbs like bread, pasta, etc since I have been swaying. It is hard at first, but we are used to cutting things out, aren't we !

Instead of eating a sandwich, I'll roll a some lunch meat around a cheese stick and have some lime Tostitos chips with it....its kind of like getting over wheat, you get used to it after a while and your cravings drop off.

I would try incorporating potatoes into your diet if you mainly eat corn and rice. Potatoes are good for a boy sway. I didn't eat potatoes much before swaying I eat them constantly now. Mashed potatoes, salt potatoes, Dh makes killer sliced roasted potatoes, toss potatoes in dry ranch dressing and roast them, etc. Lots of option...I love french fries, although quite fattening...

Nuts are a huge help too. Although also quite fattening they provide some good protein and good fat and just overall energy. I try to eat a 2 small handfuls of dry roasted peanuts and m&m's if I am craving something sweet to keep my consumption down but to also satisfy my cravings.

Hope that helps. Once I read "Eating smarter, not harder for blue" it helped a lot. One thing Atomic says is "instead of eating meat, avocado, and carbs...just eat meat and avocado." I have really shifted my thinking that way.
    I have gained 15lbs but with my body type it could have been a lot more. I have been swaying for 8 months so every bite counts at this point.

Good luck girlie, you can do it. If we can live without wheat we can cut out other things for a little while.

I am in the 2ww so this is me:
    Now I am going to be stalking you hahaha! I really hope you get your boy!!! And that will give me great hope!!! Even though by the time you find out I will hopefully be pregnant already. But still!!! I think it is also promising since you conceived all of your DDs while you were still eating wheat! I also was not a big potato eater but now I am making them at least once a week. I am also eating A LOT of eggs and nuts and butter!!!! Nothing but water or lemon water. Sending lots and lots of blue dust your way!!!!!

DD 2007

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow baby View Post
    I don't have a wheat allergy but I know two women that are gluten free, one has 2 girls and one boy the other has 2 of each!! So you have a good chance :P. I think rice makes you acidic, not sure though! Atomic will know !!
    I am liking the sound of those odds!

DD 2007

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dloui128 View Post
    It doesn't matter what kind of carbs you are eating as long as you are eating protein with it. Its all about not having your blood sugar spike, you want it to stay level all the time which is why on the HE diet we eat protein + carb around every 2 hours or so
    OK that makes a lot of sense! Who ever thought eating more would be so hard?

DD 2007

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTCaPRINCE View Post
    Now I am going to be stalking you hahaha! I really hope you get your boy!!! And that will give me great hope!!! Even though by the time you find out I will hopefully be pregnant already. But still!!! I think it is also promising since you conceived all of your DDs while you were still eating wheat! I also was not a big potato eater but now I am making them at least once a week. I am also eating A LOT of eggs and nuts and butter!!!! Nothing but water or lemon water. Sending lots and lots of blue dust your way!!!!!
    Aww, my very own stalker!!

And yes, I was still eating wheat when I had all of my DDs so I am hoping that is a huge help. My health overall has improved tremendously since I went gluten free and I have felt even better, (aside from feeling fat) since I have been on the HE diet.

I have to laugh, you are so right, who ever thought eating more could be so hard!!!

Good luck girlie, here's hoping we both hear BOY this year!!

My Gender Dreaming

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTCaPRINCE View Post
    OK that makes a lot of sense! Who ever thought eating more would be so hard?
    it is very hard especially for us girl moms who are not used to it

2007 2008 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never said that at all. There are no forbidden foods, you can have rice. Just be sure to eat protein and carbs together at every meal and snack, so rice with meat or other proteins.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast