Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too many supps bad for your brain?

Soooo I was watching Dr. Oz today which I have maybe done all of 3 times in my life. And today there was a doctor on there talking about how supplements (and other things) containing metal do some damage to your brain and up your chances for Alzheimer's. For example Zinc, Iron, Magnesium, and Copper. So of course as soon as I got home I took the additional Zinc and Magnesium supps out of my pill case. I hope removing the extra Zinc and Mag isn't going to hurt my sway ... but that info really freaked me out! So as of now DH is only taking a Multi and additional Folic Acid. And I am taking a Multi, Additional Folic Acid, Super B complex and a triple strength fish oil. So I just wanted to share this information with you ladies. And I also wanted to see what anyone's opinions might be on this topic and my supps. I wanted to post the link but I guess it isn't up yet from the show today. When I find it I will edit this and post it.

DD 2007

Prayed & Swayed for a boy ...
    & it's a BOY!!!! Born May 23rd 2014

Psalm 37:4
    Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As someone who has seen several Dr Oz episodes my advice to you is not to pay attention to this (not yet at least). The reason I say this is because everyday he has someone new on promoting their ideas/diet/workout and frequently what one days program says conflicts with what is on another day. Also if you were to take all the vitamins and supps he recommends on the show you would have no time to do anything else (there seems to be at least a new one everyday). Now I am not saying that this stuff isn't true, but I would recommend researching more before taking one persons word. Kinda like when I started this swaying journey, I found shettles, fgd, and ingender and then found here. This site's science and reasoning made more sense to me and I am glad I found it. Best of luck with your sway!
    Mom to 2009 and 2011. My joined us in October! Thanks GenderDreaming!
    My sway here- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...girl-sway.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And hopefully you will get a speedy bfp so will not be on these supps for the long term anyway, so if there ever is a link then 3 months of taking is not 3 years!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    And hopefully you will get a speedy bfp so will not be on these supps for the long term anyway, so if there ever is a link then 3 months of taking is not 3 years!

plus you would have to be on high doses of these supps for a prolonged period of time, and you shouldn't be taking high doses of them or any supplements anyways. I personally don't think you need those supplements in your boy sway anyway if you don't want to take them, what you are taking now sounds good

2007 2008 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have told people time and time again not to take meagadoses of vitamins and minerals. I have never told anyone to take additional minerals besides what is in a multivitamin, except for a few people who were anemic. I do a lot of research before recommending stuff.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrymom View Post
    As someone who has seen several Dr Oz episodes my advice to you is not to pay attention to this (not yet at least). The reason I say this is because everyday he has someone new on promoting their ideas/diet/workout and frequently what one days program says conflicts with what is on another day. Also if you were to take all the vitamins and supps he recommends on the show you would have no time to do anything else (there seems to be at least a new one everyday). Now I am not saying that this stuff isn't true, but I would recommend researching more before taking one persons word. Kinda like when I started this swaying journey, I found shettles, fgd, and ingender and then found here. This site's science and reasoning made more sense to me and I am glad I found it. Best of luck with your sway!

You have a very valid point. While I was watching the show Dr. Oz even said what his guest was saying was "Against everything he has ever told his viewers to do." I have a tendency to freak out a little bit when it comes to anything that has to do with Alzheimers do to watching my grandmother suffer from it and then pass not knowing who anyone around her was. I did do some more research and haven't been able to find much so I am not harping on it so much anymore haha. Thank you for your response.

DD 2007

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    haha yes I am just hoping for a quick BFP in July so I can stop obsessing over every little crazy thing that probably has nothing at all to do with my sway! I know my husband is ready for that at least haha.

DD 2007

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dloui128 View Post

plus you would have to be on high doses of these supps for a prolonged period of time, and you shouldn't be taking high doses of them or any supplements anyways. I personally don't think you need those supplements in your boy sway anyway if you don't want to take them, what you are taking now sounds good
    This is true! It's not like I am going out to the junk yard and swallowing actually shards of metal or something. I am never wasting my time watching his show again. All it did was stress me out!

DD 2007

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I have told people time and time again not to take meagadoses of vitamins and minerals. I have never told anyone to take additional minerals besides what is in a multivitamin, except for a few people who were anemic. I do a lot of research before recommending stuff.
    Oh I know you haven't! I have seen you i several different threads advising people not to take too many supps. I guess I just worded my post poorly. It was more of me just asking you ladies what you thought about what he had to say... as stupid as this sounds I never even looked at any of my supps as any form of metal .. so when he was naming off all of these things like magnesium and zinc I was dumbfounded. I promise I am not that stupid but for some reason I never put the two together so I immediately went into panic mode. Which is probably why someone like me shouldn't have access to cable in the first place haha! Any type of "health" anything especially related to Alzheimers sends me running for the hills!

DD 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL at the junk yard!! We def DO advise a diet high in nuts and fruits, not nuts and bolts!!!

For me a good pre natal to cover your basics, a good fish oil to cover your omegas and I personally would have a wheatgrass type thrown in to cover other extra nutrients. Good to go!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast