Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post im out this month.. 8 day luteal phase??

Ok, I feel pretty silly right now. So when I posted a couple weeks ago and said I had a pos opk, lol WRONG. It was high fertility. I used the newer cb digital that shows your fertile days leading up to O by measuring estrogen as well as lh. So, although my cm, cp, sex drive,etc pointed to O between 10 and 12 days ago, the tests didn't read positive til 8 days ago. 8 days ago when I felt like I had pms already, not o signs (cp m and firm, cm drying up etc). STILL, we had that time covered..so it's not that there wasn't an entire army waiting.

So here it is, 8 days later and just woke up to AF. Pretty sure it's af and not ib, just because its bright red. I guess I should be happy that I didn't spot off and on during my 2ww for the first time in probably a year, but it's frustrating.

Are there natural things I can do to increase a short LP? I have prometrium (to be used if/when I get a positive hpt) but prefer to go as natural as possible as I used this in the 2ww in march, then when af came/negative hpt, I had a severe panic attack from the progesterone leaving my system so quickly. No bueno.

I will be charting with temps this month through ff. My obgyn wants me to check in with her after that and possibly discuss clomid if I am indeed not ovulating :/

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I'm not totally sure that you didn't O when you thought you did. The O tests are not always reliable and sometimes your body just makes some LH after ovulation for no reason.

If you had a high reading on your CB digi and you had O symptoms then it's probable but not certain that you Oed 10-12 days ago, and the pos test 8 days ago was a false positive.

I think it is good you are temping, that will give you more info to go off of next month.

I would up intake of full fat dairy and eggs in order to get some yummy cholesterol that your body can use to make progesterone, and either take a prenatal with 100% B vitamins and/or a B complex vitamin.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really thought it was possibly a false positive as well, but couldn't find much info on false positive opks (besides in the case of medications), so wasn't sure. It makes me worry something else is wrong since we did so great on timing/nutrition etc. Dh wants to go get his numbers checked, but I highly doubt it's him. Thank you for the info, I will absolutely have no problem adding that stuff in.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have seen tons of people with random pos OPK after ovulation. It happens pretty frequently.

It can take months to get pg, that's how the cookie crumbles some months!!

Are you doing 3-5 attempts in fertile window or trying to limit yoruself to one attempt on O day???

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We did 3-5 attempts this month. 4 in a row actually because we decided around cd 8 we were going to try when I felt pre-O symptoms and realized I'd been on the boy diet all on my own for the last few months. For about 4 months we've been just not trying, not preventing except for March (which obv didn't go so well either, but then we only bd ON O day). This month, we did when high fertility showed on cd 11-14.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3girlsandme View Post
    We did 3-5 attempts this month. 4 in a row actually because we decided around cd 8 we were going to try when I felt pre-O symptoms and realized I'd been on the boy diet all on my own for the last few months. For about 4 months we've been just not trying, not preventing except for March (which obv didn't go so well either, but then we only bd ON O day). This month, we did when high fertility showed on cd 11-14.
    I think your BD attemps sound really good, I took a b vitamin to help with my LP but it took at least 2 cycles for it to work, so who knows if it was the B vitamin that helped or my body working like it should

2007 2008 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3girlsandme View Post
    that is perfect!

cool avatar BTW, when I was little we used to vacation at Myrtle Beach.