Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut offs

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyfay311 View Post
    Does anybody know about bd'ing leading up to O? I was thinking about dtd every 3-4 days to keep sperm count good and then dtd the night of the positive opk. But now I can't find where I thought every 3-4 days was a good idea so it's possible I'm making that up. Sooooooo much info, I swear sometimes I think I'm going in circles!
    there is a link..ill see if i can find it. but it says that sex every 2-6 days (with 2-4 days being the best) is meant to keep optimal sperm available. as far as opk, i thought to wait 12hrs after your positive opk?? but i guess it depend on the brand you use...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyfay311 View Post
    Does anybody know about bd'ing leading up to O? I was thinking about dtd every 3-4 days to keep sperm count good and then dtd the night of the positive opk. But now I can't find where I thought every 3-4 days was a good idea so it's possible I'm making that up. Sooooooo much info, I swear sometimes I think I'm going in circles!

heres one:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-and-sway-blue!!

and here:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...thod-of-timing

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The whole idea of timing at all is up for debate which totally makes sense, although letting DH's sperm hang out and kinda gather up the troops sounds fair too. I think DH and I were just Seeing what happened w/ DD#2 and that took almost a year. When we finally had enough of it taking so long we started to DTD every other day. Of coarse I had very little info about the whole ovulation process at that time. W/in a month we had a BFP w/ dd#2. With DS#2, I have no idea of the cutoff time since we weren't trying at all. I like the idea of not dong it for a couple days so I went for it.

Gizmo, I think the debate is wether it necessary at all to do a cutoff. Atomic said most pregos are conceived w/ sperm already waiting days before ovulation and I didn't want to hit that cuz the whole girls live longer but I can't remember if that's even true or not.

I get so confused too w/ all this info and coming over from IG is hard because you have pre-conceived notions. I really am just going w/ my gut and on the best info I have and can remember. I did do the 4-day cut-off w/ not sex for a couple days after so it was just the one shot.

Daisy, the every 3-4 day thing sounds reasonable especially if you know when you will ovulate. I could tell you what IG says about cutoff for boy but it's just more info to keep in the back of your mind. Highest count of sperm between 2-6 days w/ day 4 being the highest but after 7 days it will decrease.

Atomic is right I think when she says to read the info, get educated on what's out there and go w/ your gut. It's really hard to know anything for sure.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs
    DS#2 died day of his birth 12/15/10

Praying and swaying for a precious baby boy but being blessed with a instead

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    if 4 is the best (i read that too), why doesnt everyone try 4? whats the debate?
    the only thing i can think of is that every mans body is diff...
    The debate is how many times can you DTD and up your odds of pg. Some guys sperm numbers recover really fast so you could do 2 or even 3 attempts in the "boy" window and have a better chance of getting pg. You could DTD two days before O (since cutoffs really don't sway that much if at all) and on O day and double your chances of pregnancy without really even dipping too deeply into the girl-zone.

So why not just DTD like 8 times in a 6 day period, you can do that but the problem is, lower sperm count seems to sway pink, not blue, and the sperm numbers need a couple days to recover. What you DON'T want to do is DTD too soon (the first batch with the 4 days of abstaining will have the highest numbers, but if you dont' time it right all the sperm will prob. die, missing the egg) and have all that first batch of sperm die off, then DTD like 5 more times in a row without giving any time in the fertile period for the sperm count to have recovered. So if you DTD like 6 days before O and then every day through O that would prob. sway pink not blue even though you had the 4 days of abstaining.

That scenario is kinda farfetched for blue so I will give a more realistic one. Let's say you plan on DTD 1 day before O and O day after 4 days of abstaining. But something goes wrong and you O a day or two late, and maybe your OPKs aren't clear or you aren't using OPKs. It is well within the realm of possibility that your first shot has very high sperm count but it could be 2 or 3 days before O. Maybe some sperm will live but at least some will die in that time. So you DTD the next day (which you think is O day) and you think you're in the clear. Then the next day, you either get a clearly pos OPK or start having a lot of EWCM and cramps and realize you never actually Oed. What do you do then?? Well, you could DTD two more times trying to hit the day before O and O day, OR you could take a break for two days and DTD once on O. It's prob. best to wait the 2 days and DTD once on O for a boy.

Does that make any sense? Kinda roundabout way of explaining it. :/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyman View Post
    The whole idea of timing at all is up for debate which totally makes sense, although letting DH's sperm hang out and kinda gather up the troops sounds fair too. I think DH and I were just Seeing what happened w/ DD#2 and that took almost a year. When we finally had enough of it taking so long we started to DTD every other day. Of coarse I had very little info about the whole ovulation process at that time. W/in a month we had a BFP w/ dd#2. With DS#2, I have no idea of the cutoff time since we weren't trying at all. I like the idea of not dong it for a couple days so I went for it.

Gizmo, I think the debate is wether it necessary at all to do a cutoff. Atomic said most pregos are conceived w/ sperm already waiting days before ovulation and I didn't want to hit that cuz the whole girls live longer but I can't remember if that's even true or not.

I get so confused too w/ all this info and coming over from IG is hard because you have pre-conceived notions. I really am just going w/ my gut and on the best info I have and can remember. I did do the 4-day cut-off w/ not sex for a couple days after so it was just the one shot.

Daisy, the every 3-4 day thing sounds reasonable especially if you know when you will ovulate. I could tell you what IG says about cutoff for boy but it's just more info to keep in the back of your mind. Highest count of sperm between 2-6 days w/ day 4 being the highest but after 7 days it will decrease.

Atomic is right I think when she says to read the info, get educated on what's out there and go w/ your gut. It's really hard to know anything for sure.
    I am really trying super hard to get everything organized in a more understandable fashion and I hope you guys can bear with me while that happens. Please let me know if you want more info in any one area or if you ahve any ideas to make things easier to understand...the one thing I want to avoid is a big dense FAQ where everything is all lumped together and no one can find anything, which is why I have the separate threads, but I can see that the separate threads have their own issues too!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think dh's sperm count it fine, we have 4 girls and when trying for them we bd every day pretty much, lol.
    Just can't figure how to do my cut off as my ovulation is so random =(
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To be honest, Atomic, it is sooo hard to stop thinking like I did on IG (I only posted like 2 times but I read so much on IG). I sort of had a plan in mind after reading so much there and it's hard to deviate now. In fact, it's hard to keep everything together w/ all the research from then and now. I'm so scared to mess up and not conceive a boy so I will literally try everything even if it's been totally de-bunked. I might regret it though if I don't get a BFP this month with only DTD once near O. You are so much more relaxed and I just can't seem to do it. I wrote this on the other post, but I would love to have "Your" thoughts and passions written out on an easy guide like on the "other" website. I think this would help out a great deal.

I like the threads you post and they are so informative and I can tell how passionate you are! "I" just can't seem to let go of some of the things and I don't want to take my pre-conceived notions and put them into the thoughts of others on GD. Why am I always crying!

You are doing such a great job and I don't want to like slap you in the face, I guess, by giving IG info that you don't necessarily believe in. I don't even mean it sometimes, I just get confused. I do agree that the major focus on PH and timing is misguided a little and diet and supps should be focused on. I sure hope that's right. LOL!

I liked the FAQ's (although I never liked the term FAQ's for that) since I knew where to get all the info. I used the guide most often though. I don't know, I just need to start again at all your sticky's and change my thinking a little.

Quick and easy since I got confused on the post you just put up here. Do you think there is any merit to abstaining 4 days or so to DTD if you are confident in your time to O? I know problems can arise with things not actually working out the "perfect" way and I think you told me that doing it only once at O might not be the best way. I can't find the post where you talked to me about that. Sorry to make you keep repeating yourself. I'm thinking about next month seriously now since I don't think i'll be getting a BFP.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Iluv, just know I'm not offended at all and I TOTALLY appreciate the info...when I was writing things up for this site before it was online I asked people and they all seemed to hate the FAQ (and I personally find the FAQ difficult to use because if you're looking for one thing you have to go through a lot of info on other topics) so I thought, well whatever I do, I better not have a FAQ LOL! I guess every way has its own set of problems! Give me a couple days and we will have our own FAQ (but I promise I will never tell anyone to read it!! )

I~personally~ would aim for DTD TWICE during my fertile period for blue to increase sperm numbers and my odds of pg, so if I was very confident when I would O, I would DTD 2 days before O and then on O itself. That way you are still mostly in boy timing zone but you've

Since you want to include timing in your sway (and I can TOTALLY understand why you want to try everything, I would do the exact same thing - and did when I was swaying pink, because I didn't believe in calcium then either but I still took it!!!! - then abstaining for 2-4 days and DTD once at O (if you are using OPKs, then just BD 12 hours after your positive) is considered the "proper" timing for blue.

Ugh I knew that was confusing when I was writing it but I got interrupted a lot!! KIDS!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL! Oh, I totally know about the kids interuppting.

I was really thinking about where I was at on the milk and other sway techniques and I think I have my inner thoughts together. Ok, here I go.....less than 15% daily calcium means that I'm not thrilled cuz I love dairy. DTD only once and after 4 days or so of abstaining seems like the most hard core way to go. Ions feel like there is something I'm doing to sway. EW's and BS to up PH feels like I'm doing something extraoridinay. All of these things are debatable and may even hurt your sway.

If I don't do these things or I'm not really putting crazy effort into this sway or if I don't feel somewhat punished, missing out, or seriously sacrificing (like dairy) then I'm not "swaying" at all. I guess, if it doesn't feel miserable, then it's not good enough. I swear this is not a normal personailty issue for me.

I didn't however, enjoy the BFN so I might DTD twice. My concern would be, if you DTD the 2 days before, you would have little girls waiting there to get to the egg 1st (this is incorrect shettles info now, right, that girls live longer? )and also that less sperm soldiers would be ready for the 2nd attempt 2 days later. I don't want however, that DTD only once 12hrs after 1st OPK to lessen my shot at pregnancy. Augh! I thought I read to DTD the 2nd night of + OPK was the right timing for boy. LOL, this is why I really need to re-read all of "your" sticky's.

Either way, when we try again this month, I have already blown the diet on the 2WW, and will be swaying outside my pre-conceived "Perfect" sway anyway.

Let's hope for a BFP, because, if this goes on too many months then I will start struggling w/ being in the "summer" birth territory and I've given birth to my 2 DD's in July and both DS in the winter (Nov/Dec).

Atomic, this was NOT supposed to take more than 1 attempt. I suppose I should have had a "what if I don't get a BFP" scenario in mind. Man, if i was in my 20's this would not be so rushed.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What do we do if O is irregular??
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast