Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How important is exercise?

I have really been dropping the ball on exercise. I was planning on starting back up on Monday and wasn't feeling well at all. Then today I have pulled something in my neck and the pain is unbearable. I have 3 weeks until my first attempt. Is the exercise as important to have for a solid 6 weeks? Or will I be ok if I can try to get a solid 3 weeks in where I focus on strength and barely any cardio?

DD 2007

Prayed & Swayed for a boy ...
    & it's a BOY!!!! Born May 23rd 2014

Psalm 37:4
    Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I'm not swaying blue, but I have two boys...so I hope this helps...I think, as much as I have researched, if you raise your T levels this sways boy. With both my boys I was lifting weights. 3 weeks could, as far as I know, really boost your T levels if you're doing some lifting. Any type of competeve behavior, kick boxing etc will help. As a pink swayer we are trying to stay away from that lol I hope someone else will chime in soon..I tried

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTCaPRINCE View Post
    I have really been dropping the ball on exercise. I was planning on starting back up on Monday and wasn't feeling well at all. Then today I have pulled something in my neck and the pain is unbearable. I have 3 weeks until my first attempt. Is the exercise as important to have for a solid 6 weeks? Or will I be ok if I can try to get a solid 3 weeks in where I focus on strength and barely any cardio?
    To be honest with you I think weight training plays a big part in a boy sway. The whole idea is to raise T levels and weight training will definitely do that. I think if you just lunged around your house while you were carrying your daughter or did some squats holding her that will benefit you. Pushups are good as well. Doing anything you can will help, so if you only have three weeks to do it then I would do that. I never did any cardio, all weights so I think you are good there as well.

2007 2008 2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dloui128 View Post
    To be honest with you I think weight training plays a big part in a boy sway. The whole idea is to raise T levels and weight training will definitely do that. I think if you just lunged around your house while you were carrying your daughter or did some squats holding her that will benefit you. Pushups are good as well. Doing anything you can will help, so if you only have three weeks to do it then I would do that. I never did any cardio, all weights so I think you are good there as well.

I had a pretty solid work out routine where I did 30 min of cardio and then 15 min of strength. I stopped for about 3ish weeks because of family and travel and then this week I hurt my neck and hadn't been feeling well. I JUST started back up today and changed it up from 15 min of "cardio" which is consisting of me doing the highest resistance on the elliptical and me moving at a medium/slow pace. And then I am doing like 15 min of strength. Lunges/abs/10lb weights/resistance bands/ calfs stuff like that. If I keep this up 5x a week or more for the next 3 weeks and do some weights right before our first attempt how does that sound? Can I make up for the time I took off? Or did I need a solid 6 weeks behind me? Or is that just for the diet?

DD 2007

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's pretty important. What I would NOT have you do is suddenly dramatically increase exercise trying to make up for lost time. Just keep doing what you were doing to the extent you are able to with your neck.

Exercising right before your attempt accomplishes nothing, there would not even be any time for your body to make testosterone. Don't bother.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I think it's pretty important. What I would NOT have you do is suddenly dramatically increase exercise trying to make up for lost time. Just keep doing what you were doing to the extent you are able to with your neck.

Exercising right before your attempt accomplishes nothing, there would not even be any time for your body to make testosterone. Don't bother.
    I worked out two days ago. Took Sat and Sun off because I wasn't home at all. Going to do 5x a week this week. My body is used to being active at this point and I have a pretty solid routine so throwing myself back into it wasn't exhausting for me or anything. Is 3 weeks enough to start producing testosterone?

DD 2007

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I cannot say what is "enough", I just really can't.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I cannot say what is "enough", I just really can't.
    Well I figured I'd ask haha. I am just going to keep doing what I am doing and stay away from cardio. I do know this that I am absolutely sure of .. when I got pregnant with DD I had no muscle tone and for as skinny as I was I had a good amount of cellulite. Now I am clearly more muscular in my arms and thighs and my cellulite is tons better. My husband has even made comments about my muscle definition so hopefully that will be in my favor even though I haven't been up to par with my strength work outs lately. And I added Zinc back to our supps sometime last week so hopefully that will help!

DD 2007

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much zinc??? No more than 8-15 mg for you INCLUDING the amount in prenatal and no more than 25 for DH including what's in his prenatal!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much zinc??? No more than 8-15 mg for you INCLUDING the amount in prenatal and no more than 25 for DH including what's in his prenatal!
    Oh boy I don't know. :/ I will check when I get home and if its too much then I will fix it. Should I just take it out?

DD 2007

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast