Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally a +OPK...

Hi

I know it's been a while since I posted. My cycle has been so messed up and to be honest I have been bummed out about it so I've been kind of avoiding all of the baby talk!

I haven't been ovulating or getting my period regularly, so my dr. put me on Provera/Clomid. My first round was in July... and nothing. No positive OPK, no AF, no positive HPT.

After about day 50, I stopped taking the OPKs, figuring I would call the doc and see if I should start a new cycle with the provera. I'm a teacher, so it was late August and I was pre-occupied with school starting - I hadn't gotten around to calling the dr. Then yesterday, I started to feel a little crampy and noticed a ton of EWCM. I took an OPK, and lo and behold - there was smiley face!

I'm still kind of in shock, and trying not to get my hopes up... the pos OPK I got yesterday would be "Day 61" if I go off of the start of my last AF. However, that's better than it was before I was on Clomid. I guess time will tell. I'm going to keep testing (still pos today), and keep BDing each day (once yesterday, twice today, prob once tomorrow) until it's not positive anymore. Does it matter if we keep DTD after the OPK turns negative?

DD 2010
    DD #2 - due 5/31/14

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay for pos OPK! I actually think it may be a good thing that it's been awhile after the Clomid because it will def. be out of your system by now.

It's not so much whether the OPK turns neg. or not because most people tend to ovulate an average of 36 hours after that first pos OPK, whether the test stays pos for 5 min. or 5 days. So my thinking is for you to have your attempt today if you haven't already, then just in case it was a false pos, start DTD every other day or two for the next week, to cover your bases. The odds are it was the real deal and you will prob. be able to tell relatively soon because you'll get BFP or AF in 2 weeks' time. And if you don't, then you will need to see your doc at that point for Provera but be sure to tell him/her that you've been having regular intercourse the previous week in case they want to wait another couple days to see if you get BFP from the later attempts.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ