Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BDing with inconsistent ovulation

So we have been swaying/ttc since August. I've been charting since January. Thought I had finally got everything figured out. I was Oing on cd 19. But the last few cycles haven't been quite so regular. And I haven't always gotten positive OPKs. I have ovulated anywhere from cd 18-21. In the past I have even ovulated as late as day 30 ( but not in the last 6 months). Me and DH have been BDing every 2-4 days since af, when we get close we usually use a condom until I'm in my fertile window. I don't want to miss O, so is it okay if we BD (unprotected) every 2-3 days until cd 23. So like BD cd 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 23? Is this too much? Is it bad to BD unprotected that far before O?

And then if I do get a positive OPK should we add an extra BD or something?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some supplements, like ISOs, EPO, vitex, can mess up your cycles. What are you taking? And other things like too much fish oil or advil can hinder ovulation.

You can DEFINITELY have go unprotected for your whole cycle if you are swaying boy...in fact it's recommended. The frequency is perfect. You will O 12 - 36 hours after +OPK. The recommendation is to DTD three times in 24 hours at first +OPK. So, DTD that night, next morning, and the second night.

If you're having trouble with OPKs, try doing two a day, one around 2pm and the second around 8pm - 10pm. Get some ICs
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anchor View Post
    Some supplements, like ISOs, EPO, vitex, can mess up your cycles. What are you taking? And other things like too much fish oil or advil can hinder ovulation.

You can DEFINITELY have go unprotected for your whole cycle if you are swaying boy...in fact it's recommended. The frequency is perfect. You will O 12 - 36 hours after +OPK. The recommendation is to DTD three times in 24 hours at first +OPK. So, DTD that night, next morning, and the second night.

If you're having trouble with OPKs, try doing two a day, one around 2pm and the second around 8pm - 10pm. Get some ICs

I have been on the HE diet (with decrease in dairy from A-O) and supplements since July (not always super strict in the TWW). I am taking 2 fish oil pills, 1000 EPO twice a day, Mucinex from AF-O, Potassium (supplement and increase in diet), and folic acid. I also drink a lot of lemon water, I drink gelatin 3x a day and do the ACV drink 3x a day from AF-O.

I guess I was just making sure that BDing before 4-0 wouldn't hurt or sway the other direction. In all the threads I have read that is the earliest I have seen anyone start BDing. Why does everyone use protection before the fertile window if it wont hurt the sway?

So we should BD (unprotected) from now until O every 2-3 days, and then if I get a positive OPK try to get 2-3 extra attempts in within 24 hours?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EPO is known to affect ovulation - and you're taking a lot! I would cut the dosage to 500 PER DAY, and stop taking it a day or two before expected O.

I'm not sure where you're seeing to use protection before the fertile window for a boy sway...maybe something over on IG? We do things a bit differently here. Unless you're referring to a girl sway?

And YES to the frequency question...
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?