Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh really? I thought the sugar was BAD for blue? I drank it before both of my DDs as well. It's almost time for my attempt (COUNTDOWN: 5 DAYS!!!) so I guess I'll just stick with the lemon water The water helps my cm, right? I REALLY need help in that department lol! Hopefully everything I'm doing will help with that.
    2006 2009 2012

Looking to add another to our family!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis2007 View Post
    Oh really? I thought the sugar was BAD for blue? I drank it before both of my DDs as well. It's almost time for my attempt (COUNTDOWN: 5 DAYS!!!) so I guess I'll just stick with the lemon water The water helps my cm, right? I REALLY need help in that department lol! Hopefully everything I'm doing will help with that.
    The sugar is not good, I think, but the tea itself is okay. I've been loading up my tea with lemon and Stevia and it's actually pretty good. I'm from Mississippi and there was no way I was going to go through the summer without my iced tea!
    Tiffany

DH June 2005
    DD Oct 2008
    DS May 2012
    Thank you gender dreaming!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Protein + carbs = boys! A LOT of girl moms are total carb junkies but they eat mostly JUST carbs without much protein and fat - a lot of lowfat diet type products, refined carbs, and sweets.
    You just nailed my diet on the head (prior to trying to sway blue) and I have three little girls!!! Plus I ate probably 2-3 times the recommended amount of calcium daily. Thanks for sharing all of your awesome knowledge with us on here Atomic Sagebrush! I really appreciate it!

As for foods I miss... real milk (I am a cereal junkie... 2 or more bowls a day with lots of milk) and pizza. I'm still having the cereal just now I'm using the unenriched rice milk which doesn't compare at all. And of course it's hot weather right now where I live and my kids want ice cream all the time. I'm not a huge ice cream fan, but it is nice to splurge every once in awhile in the summer. Oh well. It's for a limited time only!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by soontobesix View Post
    You just nailed my diet on the head (prior to trying to sway blue) and I have three little girls!!! Plus I ate probably 2-3 times the recommended amount of calcium daily. Thanks for sharing all of your awesome knowledge with us on here Atomic Sagebrush! I really appreciate it!

As for foods I miss... real milk (I am a cereal junkie... 2 or more bowls a day with lots of milk) and pizza. I'm still having the cereal just now I'm using the unenriched rice milk which doesn't compare at all. And of course it's hot weather right now where I live and my kids want ice cream all the time. I'm not a huge ice cream fan, but it is nice to splurge every once in awhile in the summer. Oh well. It's for a limited time only!
    I'm still eating pizza (though not more than once a week/every 2 weeks). It's got tomato sauce and it's loaded with meat! Not worried too much about the bread.
    2006 2009 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyfay311 View Post
    The sugar is not good, I think, but the tea itself is okay. I've been loading up my tea with lemon and Stevia and it's actually pretty good. I'm from Mississippi and there was no way I was going to go through the summer without my iced tea!
    Yeah, I can't do artificial sweeteners. Just don't taste right to me. And I don't like green tea. We are officially at our attempt now. Did O-2 last night (hopefully unless O shows up today/tomorrow-hoping it shows on Friday). Plus for me, taking out caffeine (sweet tea & Pepsi) and sugar is a complete 180 from what I did when ttc my girls. So I hope that's a HUGE benefit for me to get my boy!
    2006 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis2007 View Post
    Sugar is ok if you eat it along with protein. The protein keeps your blood sugar from rising high and then crashing. In fact, protein + carbs (of course, sugar is a carb) = boys.

If it makes you feel better to stick with lemon water that's fine, just letting you know.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by soontobesix View Post

You may want to read the following essay I wrote.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-CONTROVERSIAL

I am NOT at all convinced that avoiding calcium is in any way necessary or desirable for TTC a boy. I have always eaten tons of calcium and I have 4 boys, the Oxford study found higher intake of calcium in moms with boys, but it is much more than that (as you can see from my essay). I would MUCH rather you continued eating that cereal with full fat dairy, or almond milk, or coconut milk, than that unenriched rice milk. Rice milk has barely any protein and so cereal with rice milk is just a bunch of carbs that causes your blood sugar to rise quick and then plummet.

Whatever you do, be SURE that you eat some protein with that cereal. Even if you decide not to do dairy, eat some nuts or something to mitigate the blood sugar roller coaster.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345