Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    LOL about "sissy" cardio! Atomic has said some cardio is good, esp. that which will work your muscles and build strength, so raise T. Jump rope is a good one, so are interval sprints ... just short bursts of running as fast as you can for a short time. I would just make sure to replenish your salt/potassium stores because all that sweating can sweat out minerals, so on days I work out I up my calories to include additional nutrients/minerals.
    thats what this one T-boosting website called it. i thought it was hilarious "sissy" vs "manly" cardio. it went on to say 'make sure not to let your balls sweat too much.." i thought it was written by a hormonal 10th grader.

good tip on sweating out minerals!! thx!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    ...what kinds of exercises can I do at home for free? I have been lifting hand weights (2lb) while using a stepping machine. But that's all I have been doing, and I know I should do more. Ideas? Anyone have a recommendation for a video workout that is not much cardio and mostly muscle building?
    The easiest exercises for blue are squats, plies, and lunges. (They are NOT easy!!!)

I like Tae Bo and the Firm - both are a good blend of muscle and cardio...TaeBo is a little more cardio but some of the Firm tapes are more focused on muscle.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    Excellent q, I was wondering the same thing. I don't have weights so I fill 2 PVC 1,5 liter bottles with water and lift that and I'm doing abs. I don't have stepping machine, but if it's good idea for boy sway, I can my use children's small wooden chairs to step.
    Give us more ideas
    Stepping is GREAT for blue.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    great questions..i only have 5 lb weights and my husb has 20 lb weights. i have a step, yoga mat, and exercise ball but thats about all as far as equipment. i planned on just doing squats then adding the weights i have currently, lunges, push ups, leg lifts, biceps (with the weights i have)...i dunno what else??

as far as videos, i have the 7 day workout (VERY ANCIENT) but the only thing boy friendly is the weights day but even with that i need a bench to do some. so ill do some of that. i also have a step exercise onthat dvd ill do that once or twice a week. i need tips too!!!

oh i have stairs..i guess i can sprint upstairs or jump rope...but no rope :-( so ill just jump and pretend. hehe
    Those are perfect gizmo. Don't worry about weight benches or anything, just stick with the squats, pushups, etc and all you need is the 5 lbs!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    Do the cardio exercise sway pink? If yes, jumping rope is considered a cardio, so maybe not?
    So is step, but with weights I guess it should do the trick? OMG can you tell I've never done any exercise?
    ANY exercise done to extremes sways pink and any exercise in moderation sways blue. So a little bit of cardio, 45 min a day or less, 4-5 times a week will help sway blue.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    I guess I need to get on youtube to see how to do some of these exercises... I don't think I have ever done a lunge. I am not much for working out~ I would prefer to swim, but is that cardio? I have heard that being in the pool helps with pH for a boy, so maybe I will try to go to the pool a few times a week. That's cheaper than the gym.

The stepper works your thighs and calves, and Atomic said it would be good. But I haven't done much else besides that and hand weights. Oh, and I can't do a push up either!
    Swimming is good as long as you don't overdo it - less than 45 min a day, 4-5 times a week.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    LOL about "sissy" cardio! Atomic has said some cardio is good, esp. that which will work your muscles and build strength, so raise T. Jump rope is a good one, so are interval sprints ... just short bursts of running as fast as you can for a short time. I would just make sure to replenish your salt/potassium stores because all that sweating can sweat out minerals, so on days I work out I up my calories to include additional nutrients/minerals.

ZB try doing girl push-ups first, where you're on your knees. That will help you build the strength to do "Real" push ups.

I just basically went for bootcamp style exercises with jumping jacks, walking lunges, skater lunges, squats, sit-ups. Plyometrics (google if you don't know it, you'll find a ton!) are also good for muscle building and can be done at home. I also do have a gym though so did weights 45 minutes 2-3 times a week. But days I didn't go to the gym I would incorporate at-home stuff ... like leg lifts while cooking, or doing walking lunges while outside "chasing" DD, etc.

And remember if you don't have weights you can use things around the house! Fill up milk jugs with water, or paint cans, etc. I remember ELP saying once she sometimes grabbed one of the smaller children
    Plyometrics are great but they are kinda hard, be careful not to injure yourself!!

The BEST way to boost testosterone is by lifting weights while using more than one joint at a time (if that makes any sense) so like, squatting you are using your knees and hips together for a bigger T boost. Even better if you got some arms in there at the same time but I think that might make people hurt themselves.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, valuable info as always
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Swimming is good as long as you don't overdo it - less than 45 min a day, 4-5 times a week.
    I can't do ANY excersise longer then 10 min total ( but I'm doing it 7 days a week if it makes it any better )
    I'm totally out of shape, I would probably die on the spot if I'd excersise for 45 min
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Before I start my Sway In Spet- Oct I am in major crunch to get this last 20 lbs off of me! So I am doing boot camp at a local High school 2 days a week that I pay for! But Something that someone recommended to me Years ago is "billy blanks Boot camp videos" I have done his videos for years and i am addicted to them. They are like 45 mins! They are cardio so I think that Sways girl mostly. But I am not in my sway right now so I do those on my off days. I lost 20 lbs in 2 months alone doing his videos a few years ago. (the year I got married) My bodies chemistry is different since having DD, and I just started my boot camp a month ago. So far lost 5 lbs. Just started adding in the Billy blanks on my off days as I didn't want to over do it. I personally like the Tai bo workout. It kicks my butt. I don't know really what to recommend if you in your sway and swaying for boy how to go about it. But this is what you can do if your not! I know you can find the videos on ebay for really cheap too! That is my advice. But it is a cheap way to wor out at home. And i really like it. You will not be disapointed. I promise!
    Loving on my amazing Husband since 2007 Birthed my March 9th 2009 and birthed the most handsome little guy on May 22, 2012 My world is complete!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, cardio in moderation sways blue and I actually have some Billy Blanks Bootcamp videos and I think they're perfect for blue. They're not as intense and bouncy as the TaeBo classic ones and you're right, they are 45 min. exactly. Thanks, great idea!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast