Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't afford the gym....

...what kinds of exercises can I do at home for free? I have been lifting hand weights (2lb) while using a stepping machine. But that's all I have been doing, and I know I should do more. Ideas? Anyone have a recommendation for a video workout that is not much cardio and mostly muscle building?
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent q, I was wondering the same thing. I don't have weights so I fill 2 PVC 1,5 liter bottles with water and lift that and I'm doing abs. I don't have stepping machine, but if it's good idea for boy sway, I can my use children's small wooden chairs to step.
    Give us more ideas
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    great questions..i only have 5 lb weights and my husb has 20 lb weights. i have a step, yoga mat, and exercise ball but thats about all as far as equipment. i planned on just doing squats then adding the weights i have currently, lunges, push ups, leg lifts, biceps (with the weights i have)...i dunno what else??

as far as videos, i have the 7 day workout (VERY ANCIENT) but the only thing boy friendly is the weights day but even with that i need a bench to do some. so ill do some of that. i also have a step exercise onthat dvd ill do that once or twice a week. i need tips too!!!

oh i have stairs..i guess i can sprint upstairs or jump rope...but no rope :-( so ill just jump and pretend. hehe

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't do push up, I guess my arms are still weak
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    I can't do push up, I guess my arms are still weak
    i cant either right now, but when i trained in martial arts i was able to..this can be something for you to work towards good for testosterone too!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do the cardio exercise sway pink? If yes, jumping rope is considered a cardio, so maybe not?
    So is step, but with weights I guess it should do the trick? OMG can you tell I've never done any exercise?
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I need to get on youtube to see how to do some of these exercises... I don't think I have ever done a lunge. I am not much for working out~ I would prefer to swim, but is that cardio? I have heard that being in the pool helps with pH for a boy, so maybe I will try to go to the pool a few times a week. That's cheaper than the gym.

The stepper works your thighs and calves, and Atomic said it would be good. But I haven't done much else besides that and hand weights. Oh, and I can't do a push up either!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    Do the cardio exercise sway pink? If yes, jumping rope is considered a cardio, so maybe not?
    So is step, but with weights I guess it should do the trick? OMG can you tell I've never done any exercise?
    well yeah i guess jumping rope is a cardio but ive been reading a lot of t boosting exercises and jumping rope is not considered a "sissy" cardio. its a "manly" cardio and to only go intense for short bursts and then stop. rest then again, etc. so no even pace.
    step like hobbermittens said is ok bc of the use of large muscles, but id just make sure you are feeling WORKED. not comfy and slightly sweaty.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    I guess I need to get on youtube to see how to do some of these exercises... I don't think I have ever done a lunge. I am not much for working out~ I would prefer to swim, but is that cardio? I have heard that being in the pool helps with pH for a boy, so maybe I will try to go to the pool a few times a week. That's cheaper than the gym.

The stepper works your thighs and calves, and Atomic said it would be good. But I haven't done much else besides that and hand weights. Oh, and I can't do a push up either!
    oh yeah i forgot to add that i have been looking up videos on youtube esply tae bo and how to do certain things alos like power lifts, etc (but i realize, i have no barbells). :-(
    this boy diet thing is expensive!!!! ;-) then i guess TW was right about the "good times"!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL about "sissy" cardio! Atomic has said some cardio is good, esp. that which will work your muscles and build strength, so raise T. Jump rope is a good one, so are interval sprints ... just short bursts of running as fast as you can for a short time. I would just make sure to replenish your salt/potassium stores because all that sweating can sweat out minerals, so on days I work out I up my calories to include additional nutrients/minerals.

ZB try doing girl push-ups first, where you're on your knees. That will help you build the strength to do "Real" push ups.

I just basically went for bootcamp style exercises with jumping jacks, walking lunges, skater lunges, squats, sit-ups. Plyometrics (google if you don't know it, you'll find a ton!) are also good for muscle building and can be done at home. I also do have a gym though so did weights 45 minutes 2-3 times a week. But days I didn't go to the gym I would incorporate at-home stuff ... like leg lifts while cooking, or doing walking lunges while outside "chasing" DD, etc.

And remember if you don't have weights you can use things around the house! Fill up milk jugs with water, or paint cans, etc. I remember ELP saying once she sometimes grabbed one of the smaller children

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast