Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please help me figure this out

Warning, tmi.

After MONTHS of planning and saving and timing things just right and being on diet/supplements since April, we are FINALLY ready to ttc in July.

I can usually tell about three days before I O just by my body's signs. On June 11th, the signs were there. I got a positive OPK on June 12th, which means I should have O'd on the 13th or the 14th. We didn't try then, but this followed the exact patterns of the past several months and I was planning on using this to figure out O for July.

I was expecting AF on the 28th.....and it seems to be here today. WTF? We DTD on Tuesday and I bled afterwards, not a ton, but a little.

I don't what to think. Could this be left over from dtd? It's bright red so I don't think so. I really don't think I could have messed up my O date. Does this mean my progesterone is low?

I am on standard boy supplements and haven't really changed anything lately.

I really need to figure this out because I need to know when to predict my O for July. We are supposed to be visiting my family for the 4th of July and will probably stay around a week or so. There is NO WAY we will be able to DTD in that house with all those people and I thought we would be home well before O. Now I don't know. I am ssoooooooo stressed!

I swear, I'm the only person I know whose body just FLIPS the heck out and goes from perfectly normal and predictable to crap as soon as I even think about ttc.

Any thoughts most appreciated. Thank you!!!
    Tiffany

DH June 2005
    DD Oct 2008
    DS May 2012
    Thank you gender dreaming!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, is this definitely af or you're not sure? IF you are not sure, it might be spotting before af, and yes, it is a sign of low progesterone ( take it from me, I always spot 4-5 days before af, sometimes I even think af has started, but when it REALLY starts, no doubts is it here or not - years of experience lol!)

I think there is no need to stress, sometimes cycles can be few days shorter or longer, esp with all the supps we are taking. Don't be concerned about low prog if it happens for the first time. If it repeats, then you might start to worry.

Check all the signs of O in July, it might be earlier or later, so you'll manage to dtd before visit to family.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyfay311 View Post
    Warning, tmi.

After MONTHS of planning and saving and timing things just right and being on diet/supplements since April, we are FINALLY ready to ttc in July.

I can usually tell about three days before I O just by my body's signs. On June 11th, the signs were there. I got a positive OPK on June 12th, which means I should have O'd on the 13th or the 14th. We didn't try then, but this followed the exact patterns of the past several months and I was planning on using this to figure out O for July.

I was expecting AF on the 28th.....and it seems to be here today. WTF? We DTD on Tuesday and I bled afterwards, not a ton, but a little.

I don't what to think. Could this be left over from dtd? It's bright red so I don't think so. I really don't think I could have messed up my O date. Does this mean my progesterone is low?

I am on standard boy supplements and haven't really changed anything lately.

I really need to figure this out because I need to know when to predict my O for July. We are supposed to be visiting my family for the 4th of July and will probably stay around a week or so. There is NO WAY we will be able to DTD in that house with all those people and I thought we would be home well before O. Now I don't know. I am ssoooooooo stressed!

I swear, I'm the only person I know whose body just FLIPS the heck out and goes from perfectly normal and predictable to crap as soon as I even think about ttc.

Any thoughts most appreciated. Thank you!!!
    First of all it could very well just be that you're taking some blood thinning supps and your cervix got a little irritated when you DTD. This happens sometimes to swayers. Especially since it's bright red - menstrual flow usually starts off pinkish or brownish, particularly when it's spotting. That is what I would put my money on.

It ~could~ be low progesterone (which some say is actually a good sign for blue - I'm not sure we know enough yet to say.) causing a short luteal phase. It may have been a one time thing and will never happen again.

If you're really worried, you can start taking 50 mg B6 and it will help you with your luteal phase problem, if indeed you have one. Some sites say that B6 sways pink but recent evidence has seemed to indicate that B6 is either neutral or sways blue. I conceived a boy while taking 100 mg of B6!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ladies!!! Looks like it wasn't AF, just post-dtd bleeding. Weird that it was two days later and that it's never happened before but maybe it's just a supplement thing. Lord, I hope I get pregnant soon and all this weirdness is over!
    Tiffany

DH June 2005
    DD Oct 2008
    DS May 2012
    Thank you gender dreaming!