Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mineral Levels/Diet

From all my research (on this board and others) I have found the recommended ranges of minerals to be (for a boy sway) Sodium 5000-6000, Potassium 4000-5000 mg, Calcium 250-400, Magnesium 120-200. Is that what everyone else is following?? If so, do you actually make the sodium levels???!!! They seem SO high to me. I made it to 3500 mg yesterday and that was difficult... and I was so bloated by the end of the day that I looked like I was already 3 months pregnant Just curious... does anyone know what these recommended levels are based on? Is there research to back up these recommended levels or is it just based on past experience?

I'm not really having problems with the other minerals, just the sodium. I'm definitely cutting back on dairy and calcium but I'm not being super strict about it. I already figured that my calcium is less than 1/4 the level what it was pre-sway so I'm happy with that.

How are all of you doing with this?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    STBS, I hit high sodium levels on days I did BSD, but a good day for me was usually about 3500... that would include some salty foods (hot dogs, chips, jerky) plus a 1/2 tsp of salt I measured out in the am and sprinkled on things that I could throughout the day. I'm not sure where the targets came from though... other than IG of course.

I didn't cut out dairy completely either, but I did eat much less than I did when I got pg with my girls. And I didn't track my magnesium at all. Back when I was on IG I did, and used fit day to do it, but I kept going over the target. So I just decided to try to increase the "good" things for boy sway (potassium/sodium) relative to the ca/mg in my diet.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i havent started yet but when i look at my plan its almost impossible for me to limit magnesium bc there is so much init in fruits and vegies and beans, etc. and youre supposed to eat the fruits and vegies....so? i agree with begonia, focus on the "good" things. dairy and calcium is easier to limit i think.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on the type of diet I ate with my boys I hit a min of 3500mg of sodium a day on some days it was close to 5000mg. It was very easy to do...

1-2 teas of Kosher salt a day added to food = about 3,500mg or more a day
    Canned beans, fish, and tomatoes = about 2,000mg a week
    Fish Sauce 1-2 tbsp a week = 1,360mg a tbsp
    From premade food like hotdogs, frozen meals, cereals, and drinks = 3000-5000 a week
    ==== a min of about 4,000 a day when averaged out

I fill so bad now for all the sodium.

Oddly I never really had a lot of pottasium.... 1 banana a week, 1 potatoe a week, 2-4 avacados a year, and whatever was in my vitamins (took every other day) or cereal. I did drink a lot of Gatorade while pregnant and after because I had very low potassium levels and got horrible leg cramps all the time.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by soontobesix View Post
    From all my research (on this board and others) I have found the recommended ranges of minerals to be (for a boy sway) Sodium 5000-6000, Potassium 4000-5000 mg, Calcium 250-400, Magnesium 120-200. Is that what everyone else is following?? If so, do you actually make the sodium levels???!!! They seem SO high to me. I made it to 3500 mg yesterday and that was difficult... and I was so bloated by the end of the day that I looked like I was already 3 months pregnant Just curious... does anyone know what these recommended levels are based on? Is there research to back up these recommended levels or is it just based on past experience?

I'm not really having problems with the other minerals, just the sodium. I'm definitely cutting back on dairy and calcium but I'm not being super strict about it. I already figured that my calcium is less than 1/4 the level what it was pre-sway so I'm happy with that.

How are all of you doing with this?
    Don't sweat the sodium TOO much. IF you're eating more sodium than you were, that is good enough. I think protein, calories, fat, and nutrients, are what does the swaying and not any mystical, impossible to attain "mineral ratios" that none of the other people on earth (all the ones who have boys and girls without even trying) are even remotely eating.

The recommended mineral levels are based on the French Gender Diet, which quite frankly has rather shoddy "evidence" backing it up involving worms that are not even anything like human beings at all. They basically picked the numbers out of a hat TBH - basically, it's the maximum amount a person can possibly eat without totally destroying their health immediately. I do think the FGD sways, but I believe it sways because it is higher in calories, protein, and fat and increases nutrients across the boards because people accidentally take in more nutrients attempting to increase their potassium levels.

The Oxford study DID find that moms who had more boys ate more sodium, but the researchers weren't certain if it was anything about the sodium that swayed, or just because moms who conceived boys ate more calories, and inadvertently also ate more sodium just because they ate more FOOD overall.

I figure, it doesn't hurt to increase sodium levels to a certain extent. Just do the doable, no need to kill yourself.

I really really don't think that totally cutting out calcium is a good idea for blue, so you should feel good about just cutting back and not cutting it out totally.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    STBS, I hit high sodium levels on days I did BSD, but a good day for me was usually about 3500... that would include some salty foods (hot dogs, chips, jerky) plus a 1/2 tsp of salt I measured out in the am and sprinkled on things that I could throughout the day. I'm not sure where the targets came from though... other than IG of course.

I didn't cut out dairy completely either, but I did eat much less than I did when I got pg with my girls. And I didn't track my magnesium at all. Back when I was on IG I did, and used fit day to do it, but I kept going over the target. So I just decided to try to increase the "good" things for boy sway (potassium/sodium) relative to the ca/mg in my diet.
    The targets are originally from the French Gender Diet (which is available in the Dream Member section). The ladies on IG combined several ideas regarding gender swaying (the minerals from the FGD, the pH stuff, and testosterone) and combined it into one diet.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    i havent started yet but when i look at my plan its almost impossible for me to limit magnesium bc there is so much init in fruits and vegies and beans, etc. and youre supposed to eat the fruits and vegies....so? i agree with begonia, focus on the "good" things. dairy and calcium is easier to limit i think.
    That people deny themselves healthy foods that boost fertility and sway blue trying to limit magnesium, in favor of getting potassium via supplements (i.e. the dangerous way that can KILL you) I think is the big tragedy of the FGD. There IS NO eartlhy way that a diet of Rice Krispies with non-dairy creamer, iceberg lettuce, ramen, bacon, hot dogs, chips, and Campbell's tomato soup, can possibly be sending a message to your body that times are good and a boy has a good shot of survival.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    Based on the type of diet I ate with my boys I hit a min of 3500mg of sodium a day on some days it was close to 5000mg. It was very easy to do...

1-2 teas of Kosher salt a day added to food = about 3,500mg or more a day
    Canned beans, fish, and tomatoes = about 2,000mg a week
    Fish Sauce 1-2 tbsp a week = 1,360mg a tbsp
    From premade food like hotdogs, frozen meals, cereals, and drinks = 3000-5000 a week
    ==== a min of about 4,000 a day when averaged out

I fill so bad now for all the sodium.

Oddly I never really had a lot of pottasium.... 1 banana a week, 1 potatoe a week, 2-4 avacados a year, and whatever was in my vitamins (took every other day) or cereal. I did drink a lot of Gatorade while pregnant and after because I had very low potassium levels and got horrible leg cramps all the time.
    I ate a high sodium diet with DS 3 in particular, but with DS 1 and 2 I wasn't eating as much sodium and then with DS 4 I was actually swaying and not eating much sodium at all. If the sodium is really a make or break deal, then how are all the opposites on the IG diet explained??? (I do not believe that most of the ladies who conceived opposites are super big cheaters who didn't "sway right".)

I do eat a lot of potassium rich foods. But interestingly, I was actually found to be LOW in potassium after I had DS 4 and I had horrible leg cramps all through my pregnancy with DS 3. My sister was also low in potassium and she has one son. So it doesn't seem to be the case that people with low levels of potassium in their blood necessarily have daughters.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    There IS NO eartlhy way that a diet of Rice Krispies with non-dairy creamer, iceberg lettuce, ramen, bacon, hot dogs, chips, and Campbell's tomato soup, can possibly be sending a message to your body that times are good and a boy has a good shot of survival.
    When you put it like that it's just downright funny to me Unless you're trying to prepare your body to conceive a college-age frat boy Because that diet sounds glaringly similar to what my boyfriend ate, LOL!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TOTALLY!!!

Don't forget the Hot Pockets...my 19 year old lives on those!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast