Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help! Things Are All Messed Up!

I thought I had this all planned out so nicely... Grrr. My husband has a chronic condition (thanks to wrestling and all those icky mats) that just flared up and he was put on anti-viral meds. Very little research is out there on it (that I could find), but the one study I could find on mice said that it lowered sperm count, motility and there were sperm abnormalities through 35 days. It said things were back to normal at day 70. I'm obviously thinking my sway needs to wait until September at this point... thoughts??? Anyone else have any knowledge on husbands taking antivirals??

Also, my cycle is totally messed up (very unlike me). I thought I ovulated around CD 12\13 but there was no EWCM like there usually is. I attributed that to l-arg and stopped taking it and added in fish oil instead. Well typically after I ovulate I dry up immediately.. instead I started getting creamy and sticky CM nearly every day. Oh and I had numerous positive OPK around CD 12. Well here I sit at CD 22, had almost EWCM today, ovulation type pains and I'm having slightly brown colored mucus (like I get sometimes prior to AF). WTH???? I would think I'm ovulating late except for the fact that I had like 4 positive OPKs! I'm not suppose to get AF for almost another week. AND my temps are all over the board... no pattern whatsoever. I feel like I've messed my typically predictable body up! Anyone have a clue?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know, swaying can be so frustrating
    OPK is more reliable then CM so if you had few +OPKs on CD 12, that's it, you probably Oed on CD13 or 14 ( Idk how many days of + OPK you get usually)

Maybe it was l-arginine that messed up your cycle? Try next one without it and see what happens.

Now about DH...tricky...Are you giving him CoQ-10? It is great thing for sperm quality and motility and it showing effects quickly, like after one month and the longer he takes it the results will be better. So maybe Co-Q-10 can counteract the effects of antiviral? Recommended dosage is 200mg/day, but I'm giving 100mg/day to my DH. It also depends how old is he, the older he is, more he needs. My DH will be 38 in Sept

Also folic acid (FA) at least 800mcg daily to prevent sperm abnormalities and Zinc 50 mg
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If there could be sperm abnormalities and low count I would wait for sure! And give him CoQ10!

My cycle is all funny to and I don't even take all the sups yet! If you had positive opk then you O after that for sure.
    Maybe try to take fertile cm and mucinex to get ewcm back. ( I will try this and see if I get more)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by soontobesix View Post
    I thought I had this all planned out so nicely... Grrr. My husband has a chronic condition (thanks to wrestling and all those icky mats) that just flared up and he was put on anti-viral meds. Very little research is out there on it (that I could find), but the one study I could find on mice said that it lowered sperm count, motility and there were sperm abnormalities through 35 days. It said things were back to normal at day 70. I'm obviously thinking my sway needs to wait until September at this point... thoughts??? Anyone else have any knowledge on husbands taking antivirals??

Also, my cycle is totally messed up (very unlike me). I thought I ovulated around CD 12\13 but there was no EWCM like there usually is. I attributed that to l-arg and stopped taking it and added in fish oil instead. Well typically after I ovulate I dry up immediately.. instead I started getting creamy and sticky CM nearly every day. Oh and I had numerous positive OPK around CD 12. Well here I sit at CD 22, had almost EWCM today, ovulation type pains and I'm having slightly brown colored mucus (like I get sometimes prior to AF). WTH???? I would think I'm ovulating late except for the fact that I had like 4 positive OPKs! I'm not suppose to get AF for almost another week. AND my temps are all over the board... no pattern whatsoever. I feel like I've messed my typically predictable body up! Anyone have a clue?
    I really really think you guys should wait. Sept/Oct are more blue-friendly anyway so I hope you can find some consolation.

I'm so sorry about the wacky temps and weird cycles. Some cycles are just crazy like that (my guess would be, that the l-arg may have repressed your estrogen production somewhat and now it is rebounding and causing all sorts of hijinks) and that also may be another reason to wait. Your DH's condition flaring up may have been a blessing in disguise.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for your feedback. I already knew what my answer was, but you ladies confirmed it. I just needed to hear it from someone else. We'll just wait until Sept/Oct to try. The disappointment I felt when I figured this all out made me realize how badly I really want to get pregnant again. DH and I were kind of on the fence with a 4th when we initially decided, but now I know my heart is really in this. I guess that's a positive to take away from this. Oh well. Like Atomic says, I think it was a blessing in disguise. I believe everything happens for a reason so obviously a July or August sway attempt was not meant to be.

And I'm thinking you're right about the l-arg repressing my estrogen. I think I'm stearing clear of that stuff from now on. Not only did it it mess up my cycle, but I found out that the l-arg I put my husband on also is the reason that his virus came back, he had to go on anti-virals and thus we have to wait. Curse you l-arginine!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So since I'm not going to be swaying now until the end of September/beginning of October... should I continue on the boy diet or take a break for 6 weeks or so? It only took me 4 weeks for my pH to get in good ranges the first time around. Thoughts? Or maybe continue the diet just not as strict?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i would continue. im starting 3mos ahead of time. some ppl are on it for longer with decreased sodium tho. and then just up sodium closer to the attempt.

now why did the l-arg help get your dh's virus back..?? very curious!
    i hate l-arg (for me!) messed me up too..cd21 and no O andvarying temps! i am atte,tping oct too. i think a lot of us here are..

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    REALLY??? I have never heard of that before? L-arg is looking worse by the minute.

I would continue the diet, only ease off the sodium and calories (since you don't want to gain too much) and just make sure you're getting a good amount of meat and nutrients, and then once Aug. rolls around you can up the sodium and calories again. DO keep or begin weight training if you haven't already, this is a golden opportunity to increase your muscle mass.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow it is true! L-arg seems to help a particular chronic virus to grow and multiply.