Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BSD sips with Acidic foods...

Hi,

i have recently been working on keeping blood sugars up and so in order to eat carb protein, i have added almonds, roasted chickpeas ,Oat meal bars and bread.

every time i think i have had an acidic food i drink 1-2 sips of BSD(baking soda water)not a whole lot....
    i have started carrying a small bottle in my purse with the BSD pre-prepared.

the other day i went to a birth day party with DD and had to some some pizza with the others. so immediately after a slice i had 2 sips of my pre-made BSD.

made me feel like a little drunkard.....lol

what do u girls think? alos atomic ,i would appreciate any comments??
    2005 now

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi cemas!
    BSD sips are OK as long as you take it only af -> O and don't exceed recommended BS dosage ( I think it was 6 teaspoons a day, but I'm not sure I take only 1 teaspoon of BS a day so no fear of OD LOL! )

Pizza is OK for blue sway, I eat it with extra ham and pour tomato juice on it lol! so it's completely boy friendly!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know how you do it!!! I tried some BS water yesterday and I almost didn't get it down. I don't think I am meant to do anything with baking soda.....except cook

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cemas View Post
    Hi,

i have recently been working on keeping blood sugars up and so in order to eat carb protein, i have added almonds, roasted chickpeas ,Oat meal bars and bread.

every time i think i have had an acidic food i drink 1-2 sips of BSD(baking soda water)not a whole lot....
    i have started carrying a small bottle in my purse with the BSD pre-prepared.

the other day i went to a birth day party with DD and had to some some pizza with the others. so immediately after a slice i had 2 sips of my pre-made BSD.

made me feel like a little drunkard.....lol

what do u girls think? alos atomic ,i would appreciate any comments??
    I don't think it's necessary to do that, but if it makes you happy and you're not going over your recommended amount of BSD, carry on!!!

I love you eating those almonds, chickpeas, oatmeal and hopefully whole grain bread!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WashingtonPromise View Post
    I don't know how you do it!!! I tried some BS water yesterday and I almost didn't get it down. I don't think I am meant to do anything with baking soda.....except cook
    WP, if you do want to drink BS you might find it goes down MUCH easier mixed in some fruit juice, then chased immediately with more fruit juice. I only took 1/2 tsp 1x a day AF-O, and only the month we attempted, but that is how I got it down. Nasty stuff.

Cemas what an interesting idea though! I hadn't thought of just sipping it during the day, esp after acidic foods. I loooooove roasted chickpeas. Mmmm. I didn't pay much attention to the acid/alkaline thing, but I think those would be so great for a blue sway! And I'm with ZB, pizza is awesome!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    WP, if you do want to drink BS you might find it goes down MUCH easier mixed in some fruit juice, then chased immediately with more fruit juice. I only took 1/2 tsp 1x a day AF-O, and only the month we attempted, but that is how I got it down. Nasty stuff.
    Yep, nasty it is! ITA with begonia, try it with orange or pinneapple juice or some other boy friendly drink - green tea, coconut water....and YES, chase it immediately LOL!

Also it might just be practice....First time I drank it, I thought - that,s it, never again....But I need to get enough Sodium from somewhere, and I *sort of* got used to it, BUT I manage to drink only 1 teaspoon dissolved in OJ or green tea and that's it. 3 teaspoons is science fiction to me LOL!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WP, big ditto to begonia from me, bsd in apple juice is actually tolerable. In water--no way! I couldn't do it.
    Tiffany

DH June 2005
    DD Oct 2008
    DS May 2012
    Thank you gender dreaming!