Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hunger Game

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Hunger Game

Hi everyone,
    I'm 11 weeks pregnant and starving 24/7. I eat every 1-2 hours and I'm never satisfied. I dream about food and wake up with hunger pains. My hunger is so intense I feel like crying! Is this normal? Any ideas of foods to eat? Thanks in advance!
    Mommy to 2010 and ttc this year!
    BFP October 26th 2014

for a boy!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ME TOO! I do NOT remember being this hungry with my girls. I really want to think this is a sign of a boy....but I can't think that way. I am 95% convinced I am having a girl...but I am still starving! And, amazingly, I haven't gained but a couple pounds...pretty miraculous for someone who gains weight looking at food!

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was STARVING with DS1, not much advice to give except EAT lots carbs, snacks etc X

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was pregnant with my DS I didn't have that problem, thankfully! In fact, I never really had what I'd call a proper meal but would just pick at my food.

I'm wondering if protein based foods would help you feel fuller for longer and would be a little more satisfying?

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe your body is lacking some nutriens? You could consider eating lots of avocado, nuts, seeds, quinoa, coconutoil/butter and other foods packed with iron, b vitamins and healthy fats. Snacking on empty carbs will not leave you satisfied in the end, as they're just empty filling. Your body is not getting anything out of it, it just fills you up for a short period of time and then your sugar levels will crash and the hunger comes back with a vengeance.
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Healthy fats & protein along with complex carbs every time you eat. It's a hassle but it helps!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have tried to stick with my HE mentality. Nutrient dense food, minimal carbs (I really don't eat a lot of carbs anyway) and lots of protein.

I am just shocked at how often and how much food I eat.

I feel nauseous and think "I can't eat" and then I eat and feel much better. It takes some effort to keep up with this hunger!!

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also starving 24/7 (and was with my DS!) . My favorite thing has been cheese . It's very filling. I find carbs just leave me hungry again 2 hours later. I've gained a ton of weight (8 lbs!! OMG), so I've been eating less for lunch & dinner, but then I wake up so hungy I could throw up. It's really difficult.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm doing complex carbs and protein. I ate wheat pancakes and bacon this morning at 930 and I'm starving as if I have never eaten right now. Thank you for the advice ladies. With DD I was hungry but that was of course after vomiting for hours. This pregnancy, thank God no morning sickness!! Just hungry like a teenage boy. If anything I really hope it's a boy sign.
    Mommy to 2010 and ttc this year!
    BFP October 26th 2014

for a boy!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While I don;t want anyone reading too much into it, there is some science backing this up and was also true for me - ate constantly when pg with my boys
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast