Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy TTC Boy with IUI

Hello Ladies..

I was diagnosed with PCOS last year and this month it will be our first attempt TTC. I would like my first baby to be a boy. I have been taking multivitamins, pre natal (one a day, probiotic, wheatgrass), coconut water, potatoes in my diet.

I am currently taking Femara (Letrozole) until CD7. I will be going for my IUI next week, after my follicle scan on CD11. IUI should be around CD13/CD14. My RE gave me instructions which says to BD on CD 9 and every 2 days after.

Would BD'ng from CD 9 decrease my chances for male sperm? What days shall we do BD?

Thank You!!

Baby dust to all!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BD every 2-4 days is boy-friendly and we've been getting great (really, super great!) results with that.

Timing doesn't sway. But regular exposure to the hormones in your husband's semen, plus him releasing every 2-4 days, both make for more boys conceived. So I would follow your doctors instructions.

ARe you also eating plenty of protein??? Potatoes alone are not boy-friendly foods, you need to eat some protein at every meal and if you can, also at every snack.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Queenofprussia thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I eat lentils every other day. They are filled with proteins, also soy granulated soy, and beans. I have not been eating protein with every diet but I will start taking protein snacks.

Our follies scan appointment is on 2/11 and then RE will confirm about trigger shot and IUI, we we bd on CD 9 and our IUI is CD 13 wouldn't that give girl sperms more chances since the boy sperms will die in 4 days and girl sperms will be there when egg is released?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YOu can certainly get a boy as a vegetarian or even vegan but lentils every other day is not gonna cut it. You need to be aiming for 90 g protein every day.

I don't think soy protein is as good as other types of protein (beans, nuts, and whole grains are better vegan sources of protein)

The idea that boy sperms die fast and girl sperms live a long time has been totally debunked and we have gotten oustanding results with the method that I just laid out for you. Here are our results for 2014, the year when most people did end up following that frequency pattern and finally giving up the Shettles timing stuff. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...we-having.html

The full case debunking Shettles timing here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; February 6th, 2015 at 02:36 PM.

6. Thanks Queenofprussia thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went for my CD11 Follicles Scan today but my follicles were only 6mm. Saw a new RE today and she said to wait until monday for another u/s and then decide when the IUI is going to be based on the follicle size

Last Week, my RE told us to BD on CD9 and CD11 (which is today) and said we would trigger on CD11 with IUI on CD13/14. We didnt BD on CD9 because DH was tired. We were planning to BD tonight and then after IUI.

The new said to BD on Friday and Sunday, next U/S is on monday. If the follicles are big enough then the trigger is going to be monday followed by U/S on tuesday.

What if the follicles still havent grown until monday CD 16, and if we BD on friday and sunday - isnt it too early for BD'ng? Shall we skip BD on friday (CD13) and only do it on sunday (CD15)?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't sway. There IS no too early for BD - all that will happen is that you'll have an attempt that doesn't accomplish anything. But some evidence indicates that exposure to the hormones in your husband's semen may help make you more boy friendly.

I would have you BD every 2-4 days starting now, and then when the doctor tells you to have attempt, go for 3-5 attempts after trigger over the span of 2 days or so. We are getting outstanding success using this method. (better than Shettles)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was triggered on monday morning at 8:30 am. RE told us to abstain that night. We had IUI on Tuesday at 2:30 followed by BD at night. We also did some BD'ng on Friday and Sunday Night. We only got 2 attempts during the ovulation instead of 3.

RE said that I should be ovulating anytime from Tuesday Night or Wednesday Morning. I felt some cramping on Monday evening the day I was triggered but haven't felt any ovulation pain since yesterday.

Shall we try once more tonight or will it be too late?

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes try again tonight! Good luck and blue dust!!!!

12. Thanks Queenofprussia thanked for this post