Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

DTD advice please

Hi

This is our last chance at getting our little man to complete the family and I am after some advice from any ladies out there who are DTD 2 - 4 days unprotected? I know its advised but I find it hard to not feel nervous about, would just like to put my mind at rest. Darn Shettles method can really play havoc on your mind!

TIA

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shettles theory is the definition of bullshit; it was initially based on false and frankly idiotic assumptions, has never been proven to work, and has thoroughly been disproven in numerous scientific studies. Put it out of your mind! Have you read atomic's Trouble with Timing essay?

I recommend sex every other day all cycle long, increase to daily (even twice daily) the second you get a positive OPK. Good luck!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got 3 of my 4 boys dtd in that pattern
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    we DTD every 2-4 days and then once my OPK went positive I DTD daily until it went negative

2007 2008 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Shettles theory is the definition of bullshit; it was initially based on false and frankly idiotic assumptions, has never been proven to work, and has thoroughly been disproven in numerous scientific studies. Put it out of your mind! Have you read atomic's Trouble with Timing essay?

I recommend sex every other day all cycle long, increase to daily (even twice daily) the second you get a positive OPK. Good luck!
    The reason I recommend what I do is that I have observed that a fair % of the TTC a boy DH's cannot DTD quite this often and thus I prefer the every 2-4 days with 3 attempts at pos OPK. I worry that if the subset of the blue swayers husbands who can't DTD quite as much, try to dTD this often, they might end up unable to complete the transaction when DW is fertile.

recap - my pref. is DTD every 2-4 days from AF-pos OPK and then 3-5 attempts at or around pos opk - just before, during, just after pos oPK

6. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post

The reason I recommend what I do is that I have observed that a fair % of the TTC a boy DH's cannot DTD quite this often and thus I prefer the every 2-4 days with 3 attempts at pos OPK. I worry that if the subset of the blue swayers husbands who can't DTD quite as much, try to dTD this often, they might end up unable to complete the transaction when DW is fertile.

recap - my pref. is DTD every 2-4 days from AF-pos OPK and then 3-5 attempts at or around pos opk - just before, during, just after pos oPK

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhhh. Good point. Would you say that EOD until right before O is still ideal if DH can handle it & there are no sperm count issues?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is but it happens often enough with the blue swayers so I am somewhat wary of suggesting it to any blue swayer. What I fear could happen is that they start off going for it, DH can't manage it and then they end up with one attempt in fertile window and he's tapped out till fertile window closes.

What feels the safest to me is the every 2-4 days unprotected BD, this is good release pattern for healthy sperm and also enables the wife to be exposed to hormones in the semen and then hit it with the 3-5 attempts if possible at or around the pos OPK ensuring that all are within the fertile window.

10. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all so much for your replies, change in circumstance means another few months till our 1st attempt but the more planning the better

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for asking the question! I felt this was a helpful thread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast