Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stinging nettle

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stinging nettle

Hey everyone. So, I did a search before posting but could not get a great consensus so thought I'd ask. I have severe seasonal allergies and have been taking antihistamine and even then my nose is so stuffed, hard to breathe normally, can't taste food, basically it sucks. There is this natural minded M.D who I've been following who recommended stinging nettle supplement so I just bought some today and really hoping it's effective but then thought to see how it sways as I'll be trying to sway boy in the next couple of months. Seems like at first people here were saying good for boy but later on saw atomic saying not so great. My question is do we think it's actually BAD for a boy sway or that it just does not sway blue? Thanks so much in advance!
    05 07 09 11

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It has components in it that affect hormones in possibly a pink way and I would avoid. (lowers estrogen)

I seriously doubt it even works for allergies. If you are avoiding antihistamine for the sake of your sway, don't. We got cruddy results with them anyway. Just take the barest minimum you can stand.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I'm miserable after an antihistamine (or two :/). Ugh so now I'm worried about the nettle. Thanks for the reply though
    05 07 09 11

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you think if I'm not planning an attempt until July it would be harmful to take if for the next month or so? Or even that would be a no no?
    05 07 09 11

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can they give you nasal steroid sprays? Those work really well for many people.

If you're not TTC til July it is probably ok, but I honestly don't have the data to say for sure. It messes with estrogen levels and that could affect your CM and some even believe that since the egg takes 90 days to form, something you did in the prev. months may have a longer lasting effect.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've found stinging nettle tea moderately helpful for my severe congestion due to allergies. But far more effective than any drug or supplement, and I've tried literally everything possible, is Quercetin, a natural antihistamine extracted from citrus & onions. I take 3-6 x 200mg daily (start with 1 capsule 3x a day for a few days before increasing to 2 capsules 3x daily), Jarrow brand is the best. While not extensively studied I can't survive without it and I believe it to be safe in pregnancy, certainly as safe as benadryl (I am a pharmacist). Strangely, NONE of the synthetic OTC antihistamines like benadryl ever helped my allergies/congestion only quercetin. Pseudoephedrine helps to a lesser extent but is less safe anyway.

I do think all antihistamines sway pink to some extent however quercetin doesn't seem to reduce my CM much and with plenty of water & healthy fats I still produce copious EWCM whike taking it, so I don't think it would be a dealbreaker for a blue sway. Let me kmow if you try it how it works out for you; I've had very good results from those to whom I've recommended it.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quercetin may even help a blue sway since it is nutrient based, however, megadoses are not always good when swaying blue. Not enough info to say.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thank you both so much! I stopped the stinging nettle as I wasn't finding it be helpful anyway and didn't want to mess with estrogen. Might try quercetin, thanks for the suggestion! Or might just grin and bear it. Ugh.
    05 07 09 11

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think something is going on if antihistamines aren't working. Can you try a different type?? Some antihistamines (claritin) don't work well on me personally while others work great. I would also talk to a doctor about the nasal sprays.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Claritin was even worse than what I am taking now (zyrtec). I did get a nasal spray and it does help somewhat, thanks for the suggestion!
    05 07 09 11

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast