Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Embarrassed Me again, with another diet question...

Okay, so I know there are all these boy friendly foods we are supposed to eat. Am I supposed to eat all of them every day, or juggle them throughout the course of a week, or what? I just can't eat all of it all the time.

Tomatoes, bananas and meat seem to bet he only things I am able to consistently have every day.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im sure we don't have to eat it all every day there is just to many anyway. I eat tomatoes, bananas and other fruits, meat, egg,dry fruit , every day. Nuts and dark chocolate almost every day. Drink V8 spicy and v8 fusion , club soda , green tea with lemon every day.
    All the other stuff what I can remember is good to eat or drink for boy sway I have them like every week for sure.
    Like salsa with avocado ,potato couple time a week salad ect.
    We just can't eat it all in 1 day so don't worry!
    +1

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch and vary dinner. but thats how i eat in general. i like consistency and making the same (easy) thing everyday for the 'light meals.' for ex: for brkfast ive been eating 2 boiled eggs with about 3oz of ground meat (spiced with garlic, salt, pepper, etc, sometiems tomoatoes and onions) plus a bowl of cereal (weetabix, 2 biscuits). for lunch always a salad (lettuce, tom , carrots) and whatever meat is leftover from the night before (at least 4oz), PLUS another big bowl of cereal (special K). last night and tonite we're having beef enchiladas with pinto beans and spanish rice (i eat a potato instead of rice). the night before was chicken cutlets with flavored rice (potato instead of rice for me) with asparagus. dinner is our important family meal (since daddy is there), so thats the big hit of the day for us, which is why its varied..plus, the girls are sometimes picky.

i have 2 bananas daily, 2 servings of apricots daily. 1/2 cup of raisins daily, 6oz pineapple juice daily, 2 beef jerkies daily. all high in potassium. this is how i get my potassium. additional things can be potato chips (i eat lays, but it has magnesium in it). and whatever fruits and veggies i buy for the week.

if you eat some of the same things everyday, you know you are hitting your potassium/sodium levels (if you care about minerals), and calories, nutrients. it also helps me in food prep which takes a gosh awful long time.

guess it just depends how you normally eat if youre a consistent or variety eater.....?

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There was a similar thread started by our friend gizmo, you might find it helpful http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...foods+boy+diet

I don't think it's possible to eat all boy friendly stuff every day. I have boy friendly constants every day but in small amounts lol

Every day I eat: 1 tomato
    1 banana
    1/2 glass of full fat yogurt
    some chips
    some nuts and/or almonds ( 5-6)
    red meat
    1 piece of beef jerky

So as you can see it's all 1-2 bites but with all drinks and supps makes me busy all day long
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    Okay, so I know there are all these boy friendly foods we are supposed to eat. Am I supposed to eat all of them every day, or juggle them throughout the course of a week, or what? I just can't eat all of it all the time.

Tomatoes, bananas and meat seem to bet he only things I am able to consistently have every day.
    GREAT question!!!

By all means, juggle away! Variety = boys!!!!! Each of those foods brings with it a unique set of micronutrients all of which are good for your health and fertility. The more of them you include in your regular diet (I don't mean daily, but just that you eat on a weekly or even monthly basis) the better.

That is one of my pet peeves with some of the boy diets out there, because they have people eating the same things day in and day out and I think your body notices this and may interpret it as a signal that times are a bit leaner and food is maybe not as plentiful as it once was. If you eat salted potatoes and nothing but salted potatoes day in and day out, I believe with every fiber of my being that's going to end up swaying PINK and not blue because you're passing up on all sorts of other foods in favor of those salted potatoes. Regardless of the mineral composition of salted potatoes, your body simply cannot be fully fertile on a diet like that.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; August 28th, 2011 at 09:02 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    Im sure we don't have to eat it all every day there is just to many anyway. I eat tomatoes, bananas and other fruits, meat, egg,dry fruit , every day. Nuts and dark chocolate almost every day. Drink V8 spicy and v8 fusion , club soda , green tea with lemon every day.
    All the other stuff what I can remember is good to eat or drink for boy sway I have them like every week for sure.
    Like salsa with avocado ,potato couple time a week salad ect.
    We just can't eat it all in 1 day so don't worry!
    That is pretty similar to what I ate when I conceived DS 3 - V8, nuts, dark choc, yogurt, blueberries, cheese, and tea every day. Tomatoes, meat, egg, fish, avocado, cereal, orange juice, salsa several times a week. Banana/apple, fish, other vegetables, and potato a couple times a week.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    i pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch and vary dinner. but thats how i eat in general. i like consistency and making the same (easy) thing everyday for the 'light meals.' for ex: for brkfast ive been eating 2 boiled eggs with about 3oz of ground meat (spiced with garlic, salt, pepper, etc, sometiems tomoatoes and onions) plus a bowl of cereal (weetabix, 2 biscuits). for lunch always a salad (lettuce, tom , carrots) and whatever meat is leftover from the night before (at least 4oz), PLUS another big bowl of cereal (special K). last night and tonite we're having beef enchiladas with pinto beans and spanish rice (i eat a potato instead of rice). the night before was chicken cutlets with flavored rice (potato instead of rice for me) with asparagus. dinner is our important family meal (since daddy is there), so thats the big hit of the day for us, which is why its varied..plus, the girls are sometimes picky.

i have 2 bananas daily, 2 servings of apricots daily. 1/2 cup of raisins daily, 6oz pineapple juice daily, 2 beef jerkies daily. all high in potassium. this is how i get my potassium. additional things can be potato chips (i eat lays, but it has magnesium in it). and whatever fruits and veggies i buy for the week.

if you eat some of the same things everyday, you know you are hitting your potassium/sodium levels (if you care about minerals), and calories, nutrients. it also helps me in food prep which takes a gosh awful long time.

guess it just depends how you normally eat if youre a consistent or variety eater.....?
    But this is great too Giz, because you're eating a wide variety of foods every day.

What I don't want people to do is to fall back on the old Rice Krispies and non-dairy creamer and bacon breakfast, potato chips for snack, Campells tomato soup and iceberg lettuce salad for lunch, banana for snack, and then a small steak and baked potato for dinner, day in and day out, for months at a time, because I don't think that's good for fertility and doesn't have enough variety to be totally boy friendly.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While I agree with you that is seems logical that eating a variety is better for TW, most of the diet studies on animals weren't varied even if they were feeding a higher fat/higher protein (boy) and carbs for girls. They would be eating the same feed everyday.

And of course, for most of history, only certain items would have been available to a particular culture, so eating the same thing everyday can't be that bad. There was likely still a 50/50 spread.

Again, just putting another thought about there. While I wish this information had been a bit more developed when I was doing my sway (too late), people tend to eat the same things everyday anyway.
    TTC Blue!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually I totally agree with you Spicy, which is why I do not believe in magic foods. Cavemen who ate meat all day every day probably had very close to 50-50 girls and boys, and countries in which most people are vegetarians also have very close to 50-50 boys and girls. People had boys and girls before they were even able to digest dairy.

The deal with animals in a lab and also with people of various cultures eating limited diets is, when you've been eating that way for the course of your entire life, it tends to sway less than a sudden change in diet does because that's what your body is used to. When a person goes from eating a wide variety of foods to suddenly switching to Rice Krispies and iceberg lettuce, there is a very great risk that their bodies will interpret that as less foods being available.

It's not just the diet you are eating at any given time, it's how it compares to what you were eating before that matters. Is it better for fertility, worse?? You are trying to convince your body that food is more plentiful than it was and eating a wide variety of foods is just one way to do that. There are other ways to do that, like eating more calories, more protein, more fats, taking vitamins, etc. even if you eat the exact same thing every day.

People's diets naturally vary even when they are eating a limited number of foods, as do animals in the lab. When I worked at a dog kennel, the dogs were all fed the same food but some ate way more than others did (some were not dominant and had less access to food, while others were just finicky). People and lab animals are the exact same way - any two given people/rats are going to be eating more or less than one another even if they are eating similar foods. So even when it seems certain that two people/animals are eating identical diets and getting both boys and girls from it, that is very far from being a given.

No one needs to overthink the variety idea or panic over it, but I do believe it's better for a blue sway to eat a wide array of foods from many different sources. If you can't or don't want to, that's fine as long as you're getting a good number of calories, protein, fat, nutrients, and eating regular meals to keep your blood sugar up.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But with the animals they were studying for gender studies- they DID change their diet radically. (well maybe less so rats since they have such short life and gestational spans, but more in cattle, etc).

I agree with you- but to be honest, my diet of rice crispies every day didn't vary much from my diet of bran flakes every day. If that makes sense. I do know that my diet before wasn't that varied either. We are just lazy about cooking, but can't afford to eat out.

I agree with TW, and came to GD after I had already began my plan, so didn't really have the time to change it, but if this one fails, then I will probably try again. I do know, like I have mentioned before, that things like ewcm and my short and predictable cycles, were amazing, so it cannot have negatively affected my fertility too much.

I wish I was eating the TW diet; I much prefer oatmeal to rc's!
    TTC Blue!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast