Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPO Question

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

EPO Question

Can Evening primrose oil delay ovulation? I have no signs of ovulation I ovulate approximately cd 16-18(i'm on cd15 and still no +OPK and partial ferning pattern.)
    I'm taking EPO as directed 1softgel(1,000mg)/3 x a day.Is this too much? I'm also taking bee pollen,prenatal multi-vit. and mucinex. May any of these delay ovulation?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm used to O'ing on CD 14 or 15 and EPO pushed me to O'ing on CD 18 or 19. I think others have had a similar experience.
    Tiffany

DH June 2005
    DD Oct 2008
    DS May 2012
    Thank you gender dreaming!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    daisy did you stopped taking it or did you lower the dose or just kept using it? i dont know what to do because i still dont see and cm and my temp one day is high and the next it lowers. I dont know what is wrong.and my opks are still negative but yesterday both opks i took were getting darker and today the're lighter and this happend also cd 10 and 11. Suggentions would be very helpful. Thanks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EPO didn't delay my O, and it gave me lots of CM! I took it 3x a day (and I also took all the other supps you are taking).
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ruby, my understanding is that it's 1000 mg a day and no more. You are taking WAY too much. The advice given in the FAQ on another site is kinda confusing because it mentions taking 2 or 3 pills a day, but what they are saying is that that you could divide the 1000 mg into 2 or 3 dosages and take it 2-3 times a day if you want to, but there is no need to do that. You can take one dose of 1000 mg, 2 doses of 500 mg, or 3 doses of 300 mg.

My hope would be that at a smaller dosage, your cycles will become more normal.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Ruby, my understanding is that it's 1000 mg a day and no more. You are taking WAY too much. The advice given in the FAQ on another site is kinda confusing because it mentions taking 2 or 3 pills a day, but what they are saying is that that you could divide the 1000 mg into 2 or 3 dosages and take it 2-3 times a day if you want to, but there is no need to do that. You can take one dose of 1000 mg, 2 doses of 500 mg, or 3 doses of 300 mg.

My hope would be that at a smaller dosage, your cycles will become more normal.
    My bottle says "take one soft gel 3 times daily" and the pills are 1g (1,000 mg). I have been taking it this way and haven't had any ill effects. Should I cut my dose down as well?
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby0919 View Post
    daisy did you stopped taking it or did you lower the dose or just kept using it? i dont know what to do because i still dont see and cm and my temp one day is high and the next it lowers. I dont know what is wrong.and my opks are still negative but yesterday both opks i took were getting darker and today the're lighter and this happend also cd 10 and 11. Suggentions would be very helpful. Thanks
    I've been doing 1 or 2 1000 mg capsules a day from AF to O. I do think it added cm for me. I haven't really minded the lengthened cycle since I've been ttc because I screw up the diet a bit in the 2ww so I get more time to fix it. BUT if I'm not pregnant this cycle I may try something else. Flaxseed oil also gave me lots of cm so maybe that's something to try.
    Tiffany

DH June 2005
    DD Oct 2008
    DS May 2012
    Thank you gender dreaming!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    My bottle says "take one soft gel 3 times daily" and the pills are 1g (1,000 mg). I have been taking it this way and haven't had any ill effects. Should I cut my dose down as well?
    If it's working for you and that's what it says on the bottle, that's fine. Some people are taking 2-4 grams for eczema. But 1000 mg is the recommended amount for swaying and more isn't necessarily better. ince EPO is an Omega 6, it makes a lot of sense to me that it could potentially mess up the ratio of your body's fatty acids, both temporarily (could dry up CM) and in the long term (heart disease). I hope you're taking some fish oil along with it, because if you get too much Omega 6 and not enough Omega 3, that's actually bad for your health.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyfay311 View Post
    I've been doing 1 or 2 1000 mg capsules a day from AF to O. I do think it added cm for me. I haven't really minded the lengthened cycle since I've been ttc because I screw up the diet a bit in the 2ww so I get more time to fix it. BUT if I'm not pregnant this cycle I may try something else. Flaxseed oil also gave me lots of cm so maybe that's something to try.
    That's a good point about the 2ww Daisy...long cycles can have some advantages!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If it's working for you and that's what it says on the bottle, that's fine. Some people are taking 2-4 grams for eczema. But 1000 mg is the recommended amount for swaying and more isn't necessarily better. ince EPO is an Omega 6, it makes a lot of sense to me that it could potentially mess up the ratio of your body's fatty acids, both temporarily (could dry up CM) and in the long term (heart disease). I hope you're taking some fish oil along with it, because if you get too much Omega 6 and not enough Omega 3, that's actually bad for your health.
    I am taking fish oil. Should I be taking equal amount of the two things? I don't mind cutting back on the EPO; it will save me money.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast