Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic: Boy sway in a nutshell?

So 3 of my best friends have all girls! One is thinking she may want a third and really wants a boy. Unlike my other friend who has a 100% girl lifestyle, I think my other friend could easily have a boy with just a few lifestyle tweaks. So what is working best these days that I can tell her in case she decides to sway? Her youngest DD is 2 1/2 and just weaned this month. She's currently on the minipill. She's 34 and her DH is 37. From having 2 boys myself and being on the boards I know:

HE diet-- but for how long and what are the limits for calories, protein, and fat?
    Breakfast daily
    Green tea daily
    Full fat dairy
    Daily prenatal, fish oil, probiotics, and vitamin D for DW (any other supplements?)
    Multi for DH (any other supplements for DH?)
    Cut back or eliminate caffeine, alcohol, and diet drinks
    Preseed for attempts
    BD 3 times in fertile window
    Lift weights for DW (how heavy? Is it weight lifting or couch potato like it's cardio or couch potato for a girl sway?)
    Gain weight for DW (how much weight gain is ideal?)

Anything else I'm missing that is getting great success?
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    6 weeks before (unlike pink, longer isn't necessarily better) and 2000-2200 for ladies who are heavy, 2200-2500 for those who are underweight. Either hold steady on weight or gain about 3-5 lbs for most, no more than 10-15 lbs for those who are underweight

if doing green tea daily (or upping sodium which a lot of blue swayers still do despite my best efforst) they need 2000 mcg folic or folate daily.

i like men's over 50 supps for DH swaying blue. Also extra Vit. D. DH MUST QUIT SMOKING if he is smoking, that is #1

Blue swayers can do weights (most important) and cardio if htey are gaining too much weight. But no more than 45 consecutive minutes a day and they should only exercise 4-5 days a week

Getting plenty of rest
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes True Blue, goodmom liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! Her DH doesn't smoke and neither does she so that's good!

Is there a certain amount of protein she should aim for a day? I know she should probably needs to eat more red meat and make sure her dairy is full fat, not lowfat. And what's the snacking rule? Three meals a day and 2 snacks?
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Three meals, two to three snacks eating every 3 hours or so. 90-120 protein and protein must be in every meal snack.
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

6. Thanks essnce629 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush, goodmom liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks True!
    Oct 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    90-120 g protein but MORE protein is fine. A lot of the girl moms eat barely any protein at all and so I have some ladies who literally CANNOT eat more than 70 g protein, but since they were eatin g20 g protein, that's still better than they were doing before.

3 meals a day and 2-5 snacks. Carbs and protein at every meal and snack if possible, and if there's a snack of mostly carbs on occasion that is not a dealbreaker, just be sure to eat again very soon after that. (so if she has let's say an avocado or banana as a snack, that's ok, but needs to eat agin within 60 min or so to avoid blood sugar crash)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ