Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New to Board & Trying for a Boy

Hi Everyone!

I hope this is in the right thread (I'm sorry in advance, if not!)

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been following this board for about a month and I am trying to gain as much information as possible. I will not be trying until next year (the Sept., Oct., Nov., time frame) but I wanted to plan ahead and begin to sway as early as possible. With that being said, did anyone find committing to the lifestyle/diet plans of a boy sway far in advance result in a higher likelihood of swaying blue?

Is there anything I could be starting a year out to help my chances? I will definitely be purchasing the meal plan, etc. in the new year- but perhaps starting on some supplements early will do me good. Any suggestions?

This board has such a wealth of information- I really appreciate everyone's insight!! I am also excited to document my journey.

2. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know how early you should start with supplements but I would think changing your diet now is good. Eat breakfast, meals and snacks with protein and carbs, and eat more meat. Maybe start lifting weights too. Again, the professionals should answer but that's what I would say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes francisrich liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Violet Winter thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!!

I am definitely going to begin exercising more and incorporate the big staples that I know about (meat, coconut water, tomatoes, potatoes) early.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 4 sons. I can tell you I eat really crappy hearty meals, sodium rich foods and a lot of meat.
    Mommy of one girl (6) & 4 handsome boys! (2) (4) (5) (8)

~My twin girl sway~

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome francis.

You can def. start eating better, taking prenatals and giving DH a multivitamin, lifting weights, getting lots of rest, cutting back on smoking and drinking as far in advance as possible.

But in terms of weight gain and really upping calories on HE Diet, on that you should hold off till about 6 weeks before. Some people have started off dieting super early and gained a ton of weight. That's not necessary and if you go too far with it, can even undermine your sway if you gain 30-50 lbs(seriously don't do that!) Gaining 3-5 lbs of mostly muscle is fine, 30-50 lbs not what we're going for.

Also, if you are a believer in the "minerals" for TTC a boy, you should wait to alter that aspect of your diet till the last minute, because cutting back on calcium and increasing sodium is not good for health. IF you MUST do that (and as you may be able to tell I am not a fan or a believer in that at all) then wait till no more than 6 weeks before TTC.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by francisrich View Post
    Thank you!!

I am definitely going to begin exercising more and incorporate the big staples that I know about (meat, coconut water, tomatoes, potatoes) early.
    Meat is fine, but there is nothing magically boy-making about potatoes or tomatoes in and of themselves. What you should be doing is aiming to increase intake of nutrients across the boards and don't get overly focused on "potassium". You may end up gaining a ton of weight if you start upping potato intake and ther are gobs of better sources of potassium (if you believe in potassium for swaying) that are less calorie dense and have more other nutrients as well. 9-11 servings of colorful fruit and veg a day and they don't need to be potatoes, you'll be getting plenty of potassium from those.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much, Atomic! I'm relieved to hear that any major diet changes (if any) shouldn't be implemented until 6 weeks before.

Do you have any multivitamin recommendations for men and women? I've been taking a prenatal for a couple of months (my hair dresser recommended it bc I wanted to grow my hair long lol) but I wanted to get DH on a vitamin. Also, should we both take fish oil?

Thank you!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally recommend One a Day for women and One a Day over 50 for men. A lot of vitamins have megadoses or weird herbs or cost an arm and a leg and those ones are just good all purpose supps without a lot of stuff we don't need in them.

You guys can take fish oil but I'd prob. wait till closer to your attempt. In the here and now I'd focus on eating a good intake of animal (like butter) and healthy saturated fats like in coconut oil

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome! I am the type of person that can eat the same thing everyday and not get sick of it- this is the meal plan I have made for myself for the time being- let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions. They are greatly appreciated!

Breakfast: egg whites/ tomato/ full fat cheese/ avocado on multi grain english muffin

Snack: 2 rice cakes w/almond butter, banana and shredded coconut

Lunch: sweet potato & soup

Snack: Trail Mix

Dinner: I vary too much. My breakfast/lunch/snacks are easy to keep track of because I need to plan and pack for lunch.

I am also taking women's one a day (DH is taking men's one a day) and I am taking a prenatal (which I have been for a few months to grow my hair)

I don't drink coffee, but I have been drinking a lot of lemon water, regular water and green tea throughout the day. I also try to have a glass of coconut water and will try to do a teaspoon of coconut oil, because I heard the benefits are tremendous.

Lastly- I mainly do cardio, but I am beginning to incorporate weight training into my routine.

What do you guys think? Should I add/change anything? Does everything stand out as ok?

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast