Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

B6 for early O and increase LP

Hi
    Has anyone found their O to come early while taking B6 50mg or in a B-complex??

I have a LP of 11 days which is borderline but i have long cycles...I O only after cd23 and as late as cd40. I heard that too much estrogen can delay O and also estrogen build up reduces progesterone production.
    B6 can help and so i am planning to take it. Was concerned abt it being girl supp.But seems that it should be OK now.

Anyone with a Boy sway or Boy moms who took B6 or B-complex and good results?

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/fo...topic=226042.0
    Last edited by cemas; August 31st, 2011 at 02:33 PM.
    2005 now

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    cemas- sorry I can't help with this. I only take B12 every month and I don't see any difference from it . But my O is not always on the same day . My LP is also short 11-12 days and this last cycle was only 10 days.
    +1

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard that b6 can delay O so I don't take it until I O. I got an extra day in my lp taking 200mg a day from O on. My lp is only 9-10 days.
    Heather
    Mama to Gabriela (4) Liliana (22 months)
    TTC our son in April

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I answered this more on your other thread, but I DID get a boy taking 100 mg B6!!

b3blue, just so you know, it is not recommended to start and stop B6 when TTC. Either take it throughout the month or don't take it at all. And if you get a BFP, be sure to taper off slowly - never quit it cold turkey. Also, 200 mg is extremely high dosage...most people only take 50 or 100 mg. It has side effects if you take too much of it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i read ur answer on the other post. i was confused too how more estrogen can delay O....

can i do B6 after O and continue it if BFP but stop if AF comes so i can take it in 2ww again???
    2005 now

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I answered this more on your other thread, but I DID get a boy taking 100 mg B6!!

b3blue, just so you know, it is not recommended to start and stop B6 when TTC. Either take it throughout the month or don't take it at all. And if you get a BFP, be sure to taper off slowly - never quit it cold turkey. Also, 200 mg is extremely high dosage...most people only take 50 or 100 mg. It has side effects if you take too much of it.
    That's interesting. It comes in 200mg bottle so I didn't double up or anything. Also it's in my prenatal so I'm never really quitting cold turkey. I just googled a bit and yea I'll knock it down to 100mg. That's so irritating that it would come in 200mg tabs as a supplement if it's way way over what you should take *shakes fist*.
    Last edited by b3blue; September 4th, 2011 at 10:12 PM.
    Heather
    Mama to Gabriela (4) Liliana (22 months)
    TTC our son in April

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yep i have a b-complex 100 so i break it in half and take once daily making it 50 mg.
    2005 now

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cemas View Post
    i read ur answer on the other post. i was confused too how more estrogen can delay O....

can i do B6 after O and continue it if BFP but stop if AF comes so i can take it in 2ww again???
    I think it is best to simply take it throughout the month. I don't like anyone stopping and starting vitamins and minerals because I don't think it's healthy or good for your eggs to do that.

PS - the hormonal supplements and herbs work differently and you CAN safely start and stop those. I'm talking about the kind of vitamins and minerals at your body uses to function on a day to day basis.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by b3blue View Post
    That's interesting. It comes in 200mg bottle so I didn't double up or anything. Also it's in my prenatal so I'm never really quitting cold turkey. I just googled a bit and yea I'll knock it down to 100mg. That's so irritating that it would come in 200mg tabs as a supplement if it's way way over what you should take *shakes fist*.
    I agree! I think the logic would be for people who have a B6 deficiency and are physically unable to properly process the vitamin. But that is extremely unlikely.

B6 is actually dangerous at higher dosages so I am glad you're going to cut back on that!!

Any time you drastically reduce the amount of vitamins you're taking, it's like stopping cold turkey, even if you're still taking some. Your body gets used to things at a certain level, and if you're taking more than it likes, it begins to excrete large amounts of the vitamin trying to get rid of it. Then when you cut back, it doesn't get the message right away and so it continues to excrete the larger dosage of vitamin even though less is coming in. So when you take more of a vitamin than is optimal, you run the risk of both overdose and not getting enough if you stop taking it suddenly. (this is also why I don't like people taking potassium supplements because both too much and not enough potassium can KILL you.)

I know there is advice given on another site to stop vitamins/minerals in the 2WW to "save money" but this is dangerous advice. Don't ever quit or cut back on vitamins suddenly and NEVER EVER EVER take large amounts of potassium supps and/or suddenly stop taking potassium supps.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cemas View Post
    yep i have a b-complex 100 so i break it in half and take once daily making it 50 mg.
    I hope it works exactly like it did for me!! Blue Dust!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast