Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

DH has very low testosterone :(

DH did a blood test the other day and the results came back. Normal is between 350 and 850.. 350 being dangerously low..

His is at 150...

I'm devastated.. Now I feel like I will never get my boy.. No matter how hard a sway. His T levels are off the charts low.. That just screams girl babies for the rest of my life..
    Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15
    Clomid and IUI #1 - 12/16 was unsuccessful
    Clomid and IUI #2 - 1/10/17 SUCCESS! Currently carrying baby#2!!!
    Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How is his weight?

Zinc, DHEA, vitamin D, plenty of rest and limit sugar.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    240 and 6'0".. He's def overweight. He's not HUGE.. But he's not small. He WORST habit is rest.. He sleeps 4 hours a night avg... I cannot get him to sleep more. He hates it and claims he only needs 4 hours.. I'm destined to have girls.. I feel like I have no hope anymore..
    Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15
    Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Boysway had this problem if I remember right. They did end up with a boy too. Stalk her threads
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Nann3r liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    His BMI is 32.5. He is in the obese category. Once you are overweight, your hormones can start to look like the opposite gender. That goes both ways, FYI.

The sleep is really bad too. Something is not right if he is only sleeping 4 hours per night. Have you had a full blood work up on him? It's not healthy. Between the weight and the sleep, I am certain those are contributing to the testosterone levels. At least you know so you can try to get him to do something about it! Swaying is about changing everything- diet and lifestyle. He needs to get healthy too. That BMI is already pretty high and for longevity, I would focus on getting him to lose some weight and get healthy.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah he's been working on it lately especially. He actually got his bodyfat% down to 18% last year when we conceived DD. And actually he's lost 9 lbs in the last month just from having a healthier diet. But yes the sleep is the most frustrating part..
    Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We honestly don't even KNOW that T levels are a dealbreaker though. It's never been proven and it's FOR SURE never been proven in men.

The sleep and his weight do make things a little harder (and ironically, when he was at super low body fat that can be problematic too - either extreme is not good for TTC a boy.) but your doctor is going to be able to treat this medically to some extent. Clomid for men is actually a very good treatment for low T in guys.

What I want you to do is think positively about this. It IS something that we can fix and control to some extent and I agree with Nuthin that the sleep issue may be complicated

Now, I just happened to stop by "the other site" today and your name caught my eye. I read their responses and one thing that I 110% do not want you to do is to give him tribulus. That is NOT GOING TO HELP and in fact has made men actually grow breasts because their estrogen goes way up. The last thing in the world you want is for him to have higher estrogen. And studies have not consistently shown tribulus to do anything for testosterone anyway.

Bananas and watermelon and herbs aren't going to help you here, what we need is a healthier lifestyle (and little changes add up to big results - you don't need to get him to change everything overnight - little things like going for a walk after dinner a few times a week and having steak and a salad instead of steak and potatoes kind of thing make all the difference in the world). I agree with the zinc, Vit. D, DHEA if that is okayed by his doc, a good all purpose men's vitamin (don't exceed 100% DRV zinc no matter what) and I would have him ask about Clomid.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Likes Nann3r liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah before we do anything, he's going to see a doctor. To see what they recommend. On his lab work they mention hypogonadal.. Which freaks me out /: but I suppose I shouldn't worry if I don't know anything yet. And you're right not many studies have been done on if it truly affect X and Y in any way. I'm just starting to realize maybe I'm not ready to get pregnant. I don't know if I can handle having another girl. I mean I will. I'll force myself to. And I'll love her.. But people always say before trying again you HAVE to come to terms with possibly having the opposite gender than what you swayed for.. I think I thought I was ready, but after this silly episode in life, maybe I'm not actually ready. (Unless I'm already pg then the deed is done and this child was meant to be regardless!) but if I'm not, I'm going to have to do some serious rethinking and soul searching to find peace with whatever God blesses me with. I'm just not there yet wondering if I should just take a break from this all. The anxiety is horrible daily. Ugh.

I'm trying to remain positive. I really am. I'm just terrible at it! Obviously... I appreciate everyone's kind words and help though. It seriously has calmed me down and helped me think logically
    Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just popped in to say hang in there! I know how you feel fellow boy swaying mama. I've definitely come to terms about this bean and if it ends up a girl, but when we were trying and right after my BFP I was obsessed with thinking it's a boy. My DH is about in the same boat as yours - he weighs around 230 and is 6'0". I don't know his T levels but when we find out if this bean is a boy or not hopefully there's some extra hope for you! ❤️
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

14. Likes Nann3r, atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast