Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can see an obvious difference from my own lifestyle/diet when conceiving our 4 boys to those that conceived girls.
    Here's mine...

Firstly, we never knew about swaying until I found this forum while pregnant with our 4th boy. Our 4 boys were all pretty much the same diet & lifestyle.
    Our first 3 boys were planned & our 4th boy was our sweet surprise (got pregnant straight after a miscarriage - never got my period afterwards & fell pregnant within that month).

BREAKFAST - I hate breakfast cereal so I typically had 2 pieces of toast (1 with vegemite/marmite & the other with ginger jam). I love my poached eggs so would have them at least once per week with vegemite toast.

LUNCH - Sometimes I'd skip lunch, have an apple or just have leftovers from the night before

DINNER - Consisted of 1 vegetarian meal per week. Every other night was alternating between white & red meat with a heap of veges or salad

SNACKS - I was a big snacker; apples, nuts, potato chips, shapes biscuits, chocolate, sweet muffins, etc

DRINKS - I'm not a big alcohol drinker, only the 1 glass on special occasions. Not a fan of coffee or softdrink but absolutely love my black tea with a dash of milk & sugar (2-3 times per day). Love my juice.

OTHER - I wasn't on any medications however with our last 2 boys I was taking a "Nutraorganics Super Greens & Reds" powder mix with my juice just to be healthy.
    Was never deliberately exercising. Had dessert every 2-3 days. I'm the biggest stress-head unfortunately - I stress over stressing

DTD - With all 4 boys; was always missionary, always the big O, always deep release, typically DTD every 2-3 days when I thought I was ovulating. I always waited 5 mins before jump & dump. No hot showers before or after any DTD. We never knew when I ovulated as I never checked.

DH - Loves his alcohol to relax on weekends (mainly beer, sometimes spirits). Loves his coffee (2-3 cups per day). We believe he has high testosterone due to many reasons (eg. very hairy, natural athletic build without even trying, ready to DTD anytime - he'd never say no, etc). Never took any medications. Absolutely loves his red meat, snacks heaps & loves his dessert. Never deliberately exercised however he has a hands on job as an aircraft maintenance engineer & is a pilot socially. Loves wakeboarding, surfing, etc whenever he gets the chance.

I think that's it, that's at the top of my head. Feel free to ask me any questions.
    Last edited by mumof4boyz; March 24th, 2017 at 06:54 AM. Reason: My whole post disappeared when I orginally posted it
    -2008 -2012 -2014 -2016
    Praying for a

2. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes meoab liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof4boyz View Post
    I can see an obvious difference from my own lifestyle/diet when conceiving our 4 boys to those that conceived girls.
    Here's mine...

Firstly, we never knew about swaying until I found this forum while pregnant with our 4th boy. Our 4 boys were all pretty much the same diet & lifestyle.
    Our first 3 boys were planned & our 4th boy was our sweet surprise (got pregnant straight after a miscarriage - never got my period afterwards & fell pregnant within that month).

BREAKFAST - I hate breakfast cereal so I typically had 2 pieces of toast (1 with vegemite/marmite & the other with ginger jam). I love my poached eggs so would have them at least once per week with vegemite toast.

LUNCH - Sometimes I'd skip lunch, have an apple or just have leftovers from the night before

DINNER - Consisted of 1 vegetarian meal per week. Every other night was alternating between white & red meat with a heap of veges or salad

SNACKS - I was a big snacker; apples, nuts, potato chips, shapes biscuits, chocolate, sweet muffins, etc

DRINKS - I'm not a big alcohol drinker, only the 1 glass on special occasions. Not a fan of coffee or softdrink but absolutely love my black tea with a dash of milk & sugar (2-3 times per day). Love my juice.

OTHER - I wasn't on any medications however with our last 2 boys I was taking a "Nutraorganics Super Greens & Reds" powder mix with my juice just to be healthy.
    Was never deliberately exercising. Had dessert every 2-3 days. I'm the biggest stress-head unfortunately - I stress over stressing

DTD - With all 4 boys; was always missionary, always the big O, always deep release, typically DTD every 2-3 days when I thought I was ovulating. I always waited 5 mins before jump & dump. No hot showers before or after any DTD. We never knew when I ovulated as I never checked.

DH - Loves his alcohol to relax on weekends (mainly beer, sometimes spirits). Loves his coffee (2-3 cups per day). We believe he has high testosterone due to many reasons (eg. very hairy, natural athletic build without even trying, ready to DTD anytime - he'd never say no, etc). Never took any medications. Absolutely loves his red meat, snacks heaps & loves his dessert. Never deliberately exercised however he has a hands on job as an aircraft maintenance engineer & is a pilot socially. Loves wakeboarding, surfing, etc whenever he gets the chance.

I think that's it, that's at the top of my head. Feel free to ask me any questions.
    Thank you!! This is super helpful, and hopeful!

Know my DH sounds exactly like yours, and we ended up with a girl from my unintentional girl lifestyle! Pink dust to you.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Thank you!! This is super helpful, and hopeful!

Know my DH sounds exactly like yours, and we ended up with a girl from my unintentional girl lifestyle! Pink dust to you.

Thanks so much for your comment, it also gives me hope knowing our DH's are similar. He's not into swaying so all the changes are going to have to happen with me if we want any chance of a baby girl.
    Feel free to ask me any Q's. I did forget to mention on there that I'm short (157cm) & have a fast metabolism, never weighed more then 55kg, not sure if that helps or not also.
    Happily sending you all my blue dust
    -2008 -2012 -2014 -2016
    Praying for a

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof4boyz View Post
    Thanks so much for your comment, it also gives me hope knowing our DH's are similar. He's not into swaying so all the changes are going to have to happen with me if we want any chance of a baby girl.
    Feel free to ask me any Q's. I did forget to mention on there that I'm short (157cm) & have a fast metabolism, never weighed more then 55kg, not sure if that helps or not also.
    Happily sending you all my blue dust

My DH sounds like yours too!

I find it really interesting that a lot of the boy mum's on here seem to be naturally slim with high metabolism. Could the high metabolism be a factor or is it that we snack/eat a lot because we have high metabolism? I have two boys, got pregnant straight away with both, lots of EWCM, have always eaten regularly (every 2 hours at least) because I get weak/shaky if I don't (which is why LE diet is hard for me). I've always been pretty slim, can pretty much eat what I want and only fluctuate a few pounds, always eaten cereal as soon as I wake up, eat meat daily (more chicken than red meat but do like a steak), eat salmon, lots of cheese, creamy sauces, oh and love peanut butter, BIG portions - just eat when and what I want really, lots of healthy food but also lots of treats/high fat. Only ever done moderate exercise - max 2 swims a week. I am very competitive, will always stand up for what I think is just or fair, very protective of loved ones. I think I'm definitely a typical boy mum.

7. Likes mumof4boyz, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone! So both of my boys were perfect unintentional boy sways.

Weight: 215, after nursing school, working night shift

Exercise: none

Diet: lots of red meat and potatoes and some green veggies, probably 1800-2000 cals. I specifically remember eating a lot of bananas, potatoes, and green beans in particular. Big on Pepsi and Coke. Protein bars for breakfast, fast food for lunch, big supper.

DH: boxer briefs, lifting weights, same diet as me.

DTD: deep missionary, doggy. Always o. Every 2-3 days at o.

Exercise: I tried to exercise in both time spans but it was generally few and far between cardio sessions.

Supplements: DS1: Vit D, Iron (for anemia). Ds2: prenatal because I had just had my first a couple of months before.
    Mommy to 2 brilliant boys, hoping for a little girl to complete our family.

MC 2012 DS1 2014 DS2 2015

FX for a girl in June 2017!

9. Thanks meoab thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onelastsway View Post
    My DH sounds like yours too!

I find it really interesting that a lot of the boy mum's on here seem to be naturally slim with high metabolism. Could the high metabolism be a factor or is it that we snack/eat a lot because we have high metabolism? I have two boys, got pregnant straight away with both, lots of EWCM, have always eaten regularly (every 2 hours at least) because I get weak/shaky if I don't (which is why LE diet is hard for me). I've always been pretty slim, can pretty much eat what I want and only fluctuate a few pounds, always eaten cereal as soon as I wake up, eat meat daily (more chicken than red meat but do like a steak), eat salmon, lots of cheese, creamy sauces, oh and love peanut butter, BIG portions - just eat when and what I want really, lots of healthy food but also lots of treats/high fat. Only ever done moderate exercise - max 2 swims a week. I am very competitive, will always stand up for what I think is just or fair, very protective of loved ones. I think I'm definitely a typical boy mum.
    I think it's because we can eat a massive amount of food, get a massive amount of nutrition from it, and burn it off and still stay slim and in overall good condition. We may also have the ability to turn extra cals into muscle more easily than others do.

RE getting weak/shaky on LE Diet - this does improve with time. But do ease into it and if you can never get down as far as some people, that's ok. As long as you're moving in the direction of more pinker than you were eating, that's what matters. Even if you eat 4 or even 5 times a day, that's still better than the all day grazing that many of us boy moms do. And if you change up the foods you eat at the same time, it is STILL a sway diet. LE Diet is NOT like the other sway diets where if you don't get everything just so your sway is destined to fail. Even just changing one or two little things may make the difference for you. So don't feel like you have to dive into the deep end on day one, it's ok to do things gradually over time and even if you never get "there" (whereever there is) you are still swaying!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Atomic and all other blue swaying experts,

Short question please: how does breastfeeding sway, if at all? I think it sways ‘slightly’ pink – at least that’s the info I have seen on some old threads, not sure if this still holds true? That being said, and considering that weaning off breastfeeding takes some time (I guess? First timer here) how long should one wait theoretically after breastfeeding is over to be ‘sure’ that the breastfeeding won't affect one's sway?

Second question – how long in advance would you say one needs to start modifying one’s diet before attempting a sway? I mean, do you think it is preferable to start a very long time in advance (several months or a year even) so that one’s body has time to ‘adapt’ to the new eating and exercising patterns and ‘take them into account’?

Thanks so much!
    Happily married to DH
    Darling July 2017
    bundle expected April 2019! Confirmed Boy !!! Thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming, thank you!!
    Here's to our happy bunch !!!
    again for May 2021 following another blue sway. Confirmed Boy! Thank you for another succesful sway GD!!
    again in 2024, bundle expected September '24. Seriously debating going team Green this time

To those who have everything, more will be given.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ChezIBY View Post
    Hey Atomic and all other blue swaying experts,

Short question please: how does breastfeeding sway, if at all? I think it sways ‘slightly’ pink – at least that’s the info I have seen on some old threads, not sure if this still holds true? That being said, and considering that weaning off breastfeeding takes some time (I guess? First timer here) how long should one wait theoretically after breastfeeding is over to be ‘sure’ that the breastfeeding won't affect one's sway?

Second question – how long in advance would you say one needs to start modifying one’s diet before attempting a sway? I mean, do you think it is preferable to start a very long time in advance (several months or a year even) so that one’s body has time to ‘adapt’ to the new eating and exercising patterns and ‘take them into account’?

Thanks so much!
    I believe it sways pink, but I would not postpone TTC for breastfeeding. I think close spacing sways way more, and so as long as you're like 18 months postpartum I would TTC even if still nursing.

I got one boy and one girl while breastfeeding, and then 3 boys without.

I think it's great to make SENSIBLE changes (like taking prenatals or multivitamins, adding weight training, eating better quality foods) as far in advance as you would like. But I would not try to boost your cals, gain any weight, etc until 6 weeks before you plan to TTC. There has been no evidence that blue swayers need to do 12 weeks on diet like pink swayers do, and this way you prevent excessive weight gain.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

13. Thanks ChezIBY thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, super helpful And what a relief regarding the diet change, cause the HE diet sounds like a LOT of food to someone who is not used to snacking ^^
    Happily married to DH
    Darling July 2017
    bundle expected April 2019! Confirmed Boy !!! Thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming, thank you!!
    again for May 2021 following another blue sway. Confirmed Boy! Thank you for another succesful sway GD!!
    again in 2024, bundle expected September '24. Seriously debating going team Green this time

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic,

Yet another question please I noticed you mentioned stress in several of your posts, and the fact that it seems to sway blue. Not that one would intentionally place oneself under extra stress, but it is possible to time new jobs, ventures etc to avoid having an added level of stress at a given moment.
    So.. how do stress levels sway??
    Thanks for your insight!
    Happily married to DH
    Darling July 2017

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast