Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Love to hear thoughts on the following supps?!

L'arginine.... do you feel this is an important one to take? I have heard mixed reviews, such as that it decreases CM? What about for hubby?

EPO as opposed to fish oil? Which is better? Or is it good to take both?

Gelatine.. Do you take it? I wonder wether it causes less CM???? I had a feeling last attempt it was drying me out? Maybe take less??

Vit b12.... important??

Brewers Yeast.. again is this important/beneficial?

I am reviewing all my supps this time and wondering wether to cut back and take less this time??
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone? xx
    Fathers Day baby!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was drinking gelatin drinks 1 or 2 this month and also taking gelatin caps. and I had the most ewcm this time. BUT if it's from the gelatin I don't know!
    Not taking EPO or L'arginine , but I took fertile CM and arginine is in it .
    Taking the B12 and BY.
    The B12 raises pH and repair sperm so give it to DH too.
    Here is what atomic says about BY:

BREWER'S YEAST - Similar to NYF but with some additional nutrients, particularly chromium, which helps sway blue by reducing the ratio of body fat to muscle mass. Also may raise good cholesterol levels (your body uses that good cholesterol to manufacture estrogen and testosterone!) Brewer's yeast isn't tasty like NYF is and is best taken in teaspoonfuls stirred into fruit juices or mixed into other foods.

BY is low in calcium and is a good source of sodium and potassium, is a good source of nucleic acids (helps cells divide and grow), is a complete vegetarian source of protein, a good vegetarian source of iron, and has compounds in it that help regulate your blood sugar and keep it even, which XY beans prefer. If you don't use BY at any other time, during the 2 WW it is an excellent addition to your diet.

So Im taking it and DH too.
    +1

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your DH took Fertility Blend for Men from GNC, it has L-arginine and some other supps in it. Definitely get on Zinc(DH). You can do a B complex too. I did Co Q 10 and cinnamon raises the body's pH.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Myself and a few other ladies on here have had bad experiences with L-Arg. It dried me up COMPLETELY and screwed up my cycle. I went from having a totally predictable ovulatory 28 day cycle to a short 23 day cycle with no ovulation. Took me a few months to get over it... I wouldn't risk it. I don't think the benefits outweigh the potential risks.

And I also use fish oil... I chose that over EPO just because it seemed more natural to me (I'm a naturalist kind of person).

B12 is in my prenatal so I don't take extra of that. And I never tried Brewer's Yeast or Gelatine. I actually have some Knox Gelatin sitting up in my cupboard and was always too much of a wimp to try it (heard it tastes horrible.). Good luck figuring out what works for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    If your DH took Fertility Blend for Men from GNC, it has L-arginine and some other supps in it. Definitely get on Zinc(DH). You can do a B complex too. I did Co Q 10 and cinnamon raises the body's pH.
    Cinnamon hey wow never knew that thankyou! Do you take it as a supp or add it to your food??
    Fathers Day baby!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just started the gelatin this week. I pour a glass of pineapple juice, add my ACV, a packet of gelatin, stir it up and chug it down! Not that bad at all, unless you drink it too slow, and then the last 1/4 or so gets kind of thick.

I am taking EPO and fish oil. I was taking Fertile CM and it has L-Arg in it, and it was fine--but this last cycle, I was talking EPO and Fertile CM together, and my cycle was crazy--I o'ed 3 days early! So I won't be doing that again. I think I will take just the EPO.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)I'm over the l-arg. Too many side effects and it seems like it may be raising T at the expense of E (and CM)! But I still think it's good for DH, because higher T and lower E is good for him, so if you have some, feed it to him.

2)I think EPO + fish oil is best. Let's not do the flaxseed oil any more (altho anyone who wants to is obviously free to do so! ) and just stick with EPO + fish oil.

3)Gelatin is a good source of amino acids but you can get those via meat/eggs. So if you think it's drying you out, feel free to let it go. I do not think it's at all necessary.

4)I think B12 is fine for a blue sway and will only help, but again, meat and eggs are chock full of B12 plus your body stores it, so if you can't stomach the idea of another pill, it's at your discretion. The amount in a prenatal is ample, anyway.

5)Brewer's Yeast is beneficial but most of the baby boys ever conceived were done without it, of course! IF you like it or you're having trouble getting enough meat/eggs, it's def. a good addition but not make or break.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    The fear I have regarding cinnamon is that it can lower blood sugar levels pretty drastically, so maybe a better choice for DH rather than DW.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    Cinnamon hey wow never knew that thankyou! Do you take it as a supp or add it to your food??
    Cinnamon in dietary amounts is fine, I'm jsut not sure about taking it as a supp for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast