Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boy snacks.....

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boy snacks.....

Hello everyone, have been on before but lost my log in details. Had a failed boy sway few years ago and were attempting no4 next month. Started all vits/minerals, diet etc. so will get a good 6/7 weeks in. The thing we struggled with last time, and its rearing its head again, is the snacks for boy diet. We manage the three meals and recommended drinks but we cant seem to vary the snacks and are sick of cereal bars, bananas and crisps (or chips as over the pond say!)

The plan I have from before is still pretty current from what I can gather but anyone who can advise on best boy snacks for between meals would be appreciated. My hubby works in a call centre or his car so needs to be easy finger food he can just open and eat. We both love nuts but cant seem to find out if they sway boy/ girl or neutral. We also love olives but no mention of them either. Any tips appreciated. There must be more things we can munch on between meals......I feel like I'm turning into a banana!!

Kindest regards
    2006 2009 2014 and expecting my 2nd sway opposite due 10/04/2017

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I snacked on nuts a lot with all of my boys, mainly peanuts and almonds. Granola with yogurt is something I had often as well. Or a piece of toast with butter, peanut butter and jam. What about crackers and cheese or pretzels with dip? I know avocado is a good "boy" food. Do you like guacamole? I'm swaying girl and would love nothing more than a big bowl of guac with nacho chips
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

3. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes smllibra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I snacked on a handful of walnuts and raisins, cheese stick and triscuits, bagel thin and cream cheese, a protein bar ( loved Luna bar in chocolate chip cookie dough flavor).

DS1, DS2, & DS3One last pink sway 2016

5. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here. Ate a lot of nuts, dark chocolate, whole grain dark pumpernickel bread, lots of fat cheese. Ohhh I look forward to go back to that diet one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 beautiful & now pregnant with a baby girl due June 2017

Thank you everyone in this site and in particular Atomic for amazing support during my sway. I am for ever grateful.

7. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsister View Post
    Same here. Ate a lot of nuts, dark chocolate, whole grain dark pumpernickel bread, lots of fat cheese. Ohhh I look forward to go back to that diet one day

lol I know right?! Cheese, guacamole, yummm....
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boy snacks.....

Yahhhh, so yummy. Maybe I should just sway for another boy just for all the nice fatty food I would be allowed to consume

3 beautiful & now pregnant with a baby girl due June 2017

Thank you everyone in this site and in particular Atomic for amazing support during my sway. I am for ever grateful.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also snacked on nuts, crisps, cottage cheese, smoked cheese, sweets and crackers when ttc xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

11. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!!

Bananas and crisps are not great for boy snacks anyway because they are pure carbs with very little protein. It doesn't mean you can never have them, but have them closer to a meal or WITH a meal because otherwise your blood sugar crashes after you eat them.

Nuts are great for a boy sway and among my fave blue sway snacks. Cheese or meat or a hardboiled egg (it doesn't need to be a massive amount) with fruit or some juice is another thing that works. Olives are fine but not super high in protein, if you were to have like a curried egg and a few olives that would be good. Hummus and crackers is another idea. with beau that granola or fruit and yogurt, and peanut butter are things I snacked on constantly when I got my little men.

Hubby doens't need to do the full HE Diet with you - he doesn't technically NEED the snacks so if he wants to skip them that is fine.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

13. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks you all so much for the replies very helpful. Some things I just hadn't even thought of. I think I'm getting myself all confused as I did some time doing the boy diet last time and id kind of accepted I had to limit dairy but since on the he I can have that's opened more doors for me. Thanks for the tips. Wishing you all the best whatever stage you are all at xxx
    2006 2009 2014 and expecting my 2nd sway opposite due 10/04/2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yes I wondered about that - some people have it so ingrained that they have to avoid dairy but most of us on here got 2-3-4 or more boys eating tons of it (or taking massive cal-mag-Vit D doses that were said to sway pink.)

I had yogurt and blueberries every night for a bedtime snack for years and got 2 boys in that time!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast