Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Muscle Milk.. Is this ok for boy sway???

So my hubby got some Muscle Milk today, I know for sure he will drink it, he thinks I should too. Is it ok for a boy sway?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm new around here so not an expert by any means but I would guess it would be okay in moderation? Maybe after your workouts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

3. Likes DesiG liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't think why it wouldn't? Does it have artificial sweeteners?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally am not a fan of these kinds of things. While Muscle Milk has whey protein which is better than soy (avoid soy protein if you can and also keep it far away from DH if possible), it is still not a "real food" and while it's fine now and then, I would not use it to replace actual meals with un-Franken-foods in them. Not all protein is created equal and I"d much rather see you guys get LESS protein from a hunk of steak than MORE protein from whey that is manipulated in a lab to be super high protein. Your body can really only use 30 g protein at one sitting anyway so eating more than your body needs doesn't get you anything.

my second concern from these kinds of things is that the very high added nutrients may add up to be actually harmful. We are already taking vitamins to start with, already (hopefully) eating right, you don't NEED all that other stuff. Some nutrients in excess are harmful to health and taking more than you need is effectively POISON and would only decline your condition and your husband's sperm count and quality.

Third and most important - look at the sources of fat on the label. See how it contains sunflower and canola oils? These vegetable based oils sway pink and you need to be getting more animal-based fats than vegetable. You're really tipping the balance towards vegetable fats if you load up with a drink containing sunflower and canola oil every day and would have to eat more animal fats than ever to compensate.

So, long story short, once in a while it's ok, I would NOT start drinking them regularly and try to deter DH from doing so as well.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I personally am not a fan of these kinds of things. While Muscle Milk has whey protein which is better than soy (avoid soy protein if you can and also keep it far away from DH if possible), it is still not a "real food" and while it's fine now and then, I would not use it to replace actual meals with un-Franken-foods in them. Not all protein is created equal and I"d much rather see you guys get LESS protein from a hunk of steak than MORE protein from whey that is manipulated in a lab to be super high protein. Your body can really only use 30 g protein at one sitting anyway so eating more than your body needs doesn't get you anything.

my second concern from these kinds of things is that the very high added nutrients may add up to be actually harmful. We are already taking vitamins to start with, already (hopefully) eating right, you don't NEED all that other stuff. Some nutrients in excess are harmful to health and taking more than you need is effectively POISON and would only decline your condition and your husband's sperm count and quality.

Third and most important - look at the sources of fat on the label. See how it contains sunflower and canola oils? These vegetable based oils sway pink and you need to be getting more animal-based fats than vegetable. You're really tipping the balance towards vegetable fats if you load up with a drink containing sunflower and canola oil every day and would have to eat more animal fats than ever to compensate.

So, long story short, once in a while it's ok, I would NOT start drinking them regularly and try to deter DH from doing so as well.
    I won't be drinking it then, now I'm sure he still will he only drinks it when he works out which is 3 times a week, he had 3 sons way before me and he was drinking that at the time, so I dont think there is any convincing him that he should not be drinking it, I think Im starting to drive him a bit crazy with all the things he can't have because it seems like everything sways girl, so I will just have to hope and pray for the best with our sway. Thanks

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The 30g of protein at one sitting is a well documented myth fyi!

The sunflower bit is so depressing to me. I can only avoid plugged ducts while EBF with sunflower lecithin I tried weaning off and had a bout of mastitis the day after I stopped.

If you were still to have more fats from fish oil and meats, could it theoretically be fine? Almost on par with EPO? I keep thinking about that one personal rat study on here too where her HE rats were given more sunflower seeds...

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    The sunflower bit is so depressing to me. I can only avoid plugged ducts while EBF with sunflower lecithin I tried weaning off and had a bout of mastitis the day after I stopped.
    TP- don't worry about the Sunflower lecithin harming your sway! I too had to take it when I was BFing and pumping while TTCing DS2. I knew nothing about swaying at the time, and I led a classic boy lifestyle!

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

10. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    3x a week after a workout is not a problem at all. It is just that people sometimes carry things to the nth degree when swaying, and think "well, if 2-3 times a week is good, 20 times a week is better - but no!".

12. Likes DesiG liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The 30 g is a good guideline and I choose to stick to using it. I spend about 2-3x more time than I spend here on the site doing research and I have read fully about the debate. It is shorthand for a big explanation that most people would only find rather confusing and don't need to hear every time the subject comes up (just like how I say "low blood sugar" for pink when really it's way more complicated than that.) If I do not set a number for protein intake that is reasonable and attainable for people then I am setting people up for failure and/or massive weight gains. None of us who have had 2,3,4 boys or more are eating any more than that at one sitting and nor are we getting much beyond 90-120 g a day ever naturally anyway, and thus I believe in the interests of creating a diet that women, most of whom are used to eating a very low cal, low protein diet, can stick to, it is a good goal for mealtimes even though it is not a precise measurement for any one individual.

The amount of lechitin you are taking is miniscule compared to the amount of sunflower and canola oil someone would be ingesting if they had 2-3 muscle milks every day. The data seems to indicate that it is a ratio type of situation and as long as you're getting more animal fats than vegetable, it's all good. So yes, just like with EPO, I want you guys and gals to be aiming at getting 51% or more of your fat from animal sources and 49% or lower from veg.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The 30 g is a good guideline and I choose to stick to using it. I spend about 2-3x more time than I spend here on the site doing research and I have read fully about the debate. It is shorthand for a big explanation that most people would only find rather confusing and don't need to hear every time the subject comes up (just like how I say "low blood sugar" for pink when really it's way more complicated than that.) If I do not set a number for protein intake that is reasonable and attainable for people then I am setting people up for failure and/or massive weight gains. None of us who have had 2,3,4 boys or more are eating any more than that at one sitting and nor are we getting much beyond 90-120 g a day ever naturally anyway, and thus I believe in the interests of creating a diet that women, most of whom are used to eating a very low cal, low protein diet, can stick to, it is a good goal for mealtimes even though it is not a precise measurement for any one individual.

The amount of lechitin you are taking is miniscule compared to the amount of sunflower and canola oil someone would be ingesting if they had 2-3 muscle milks every day. The data seems to indicate that it is a ratio type of situation and as long as you're getting more animal fats than vegetable, it's all good. So yes, just like with EPO, I want you guys and gals to be aiming at getting 51% or more of your fat from animal sources and 49% or lower from veg.
    I hope I didn't offend! It was just something I'm familiar with seeing after years researching nutrition in relation to science, and if you're just trying to get people who don't usually eat protein to not stress the levels, I understand!

If the ratios of fat aren't so stingy, I feel much better! I was becoming phobic about olive oil 😂

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast