Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Desig, you got this. I hardly had any carbs when I had my boys. My hubby is not a fan of carbs, so we never ate much because he loves to cook, so he kinda dictated what was for dinner and I didn't care cause I didn't have to cook it. Try stay away from breads and pasta, rice, potatoes. Have lean cuts of meat and salad or veg. I never drank anything other than water and tea. Stayed away from baked treats and sweets and desserts, but would have chocolate.

Breakfast: cereal full cream milk
    10ish: tea and a biscuit
    Lunch: toasted ham and cheese or peanut butter sandwich
    Afternoon: a chocolate, just a bite size one
    Dinner: chops, chicken/ steak/ roasts/ pork/ mince, something like that with salad mostly, but sometimes veg.

I never ate anything more or drank anything after 8pm. If I think of anything else, I will let u know.
    Sometimes we would even have bacon and eggs for dinner.
    2004: 2011

Dreaming of pink

2. Likes DesiG, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad you're feeling better about swaying now! I really think it's possible to do a good blue sway without gaining body fat. Weights are a great idea! I was doing them both times we TTC. High-quality protein is good. I often had nuts or a hard-boiled egg for an afternoon snack. For dinner I usually had a slab of steak, salmon, or a chicken breast with some sauteed greens and a sweet potato. Best of luck--I hope you get your boy!

4. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i had 4 boys in less than 4 years without swaying, i was that crazy lady with 4 kids under the age of 4 who would be pregnant again within 6-7 months of having the last baby!

diet wise i wasn't eating big meals (i dont like the feeling of being full) and i haven't eaten breakfast since i was a little kid due to never feeling hungry in the mornings, what i was doing was constantly picking at small amounts of food throughout the day starting late morning and going on till bed time, i found that if i couldnt sleep having something to eat would help so id often go to bed having literally just snacked!
    meals wise id have a sandwich for dinner usually and then whatever we were having for tea but i would never have a big portion of it.
    i never ate red meat but would have chicken or fish sometimes, i wouldnt say im a big meat eater, i was veggie for years as a kid/teen and still now prefer veggie options most of the time, its funny seeing what the main foods for the blue swayers are here because they are mainly things i hate!!

ive never swayed blue so im not really in a position to help that much, but from my own personal experience of getting 4 boys and seeing whats recommended for pink and blue on this site im convinced that snacking/not having long gaps between eating and lots of bd attempts are key to blue! if huge meals arent working then just eat your normal portion size (or smaller) and snack away in between!! weight wise ive always sat between slightly underweight to just inside normal range, so its totally possible to do a boy friendly diet and not pack on the pounds.
    for me i never felt totally full because i wouldnt eat enough in one sitting to get to that point, but at the same time id rarely ever feel hungry because id just pick at bits here and there and keep myself in the middle ground between the 2.
    im sorry i cant offer any really helpful advice i just thought id put my personal experience down for you as im convinced it was my eating habits and the multiple bd's that led to us getting our 4 boys, personality wise im laid back and certainly not a control freak (i never charted any of my cycles till i had to use opk's to sway pink!!) and ive never lifted weights in my life!!

best of luck to all of you swaying blue, you can have all my blue dust and i hope you all get your boys
    now 6blue5pink

6. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush, skillet04 thanked for this post
    Likes DesiG liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    i had 4 boys in less than 4 years without swaying, i was that crazy lady with 4 kids under the age of 4 who would be pregnant again within 6-7 months of having the last baby!

diet wise i wasn't eating big meals (i dont like the feeling of being full) and i haven't eaten breakfast since i was a little kid due to never feeling hungry in the mornings, what i was doing was constantly picking at small amounts of food throughout the day starting late morning and going on till bed time, i found that if i couldnt sleep having something to eat would help so id often go to bed having literally just snacked!
    meals wise id have a sandwich for dinner usually and then whatever we were having for tea but i would never have a big portion of it.
    i never ate red meat but would have chicken or fish sometimes, i wouldnt say im a big meat eater, i was veggie for years as a kid/teen and still now prefer veggie options most of the time, its funny seeing what the main foods for the blue swayers are here because they are mainly things i hate!!

ive never swayed blue so im not really in a position to help that much, but from my own personal experience of getting 4 boys and seeing whats recommended for pink and blue on this site im convinced that snacking/not having long gaps between eating and lots of bd attempts are key to blue! if huge meals arent working then just eat your normal portion size (or smaller) and snack away in between!! weight wise ive always sat between slightly underweight to just inside normal range, so its totally possible to do a boy friendly diet and not pack on the pounds.
    for me i never felt totally full because i wouldnt eat enough in one sitting to get to that point, but at the same time id rarely ever feel hungry because id just pick at bits here and there and keep myself in the middle ground between the 2.
    im sorry i cant offer any really helpful advice i just thought id put my personal experience down for you as im convinced it was my eating habits and the multiple bd's that led to us getting our 4 boys, personality wise im laid back and certainly not a control freak (i never charted any of my cycles till i had to use opk's to sway pink!!) and ive never lifted weights in my life!!

best of luck to all of you swaying blue, you can have all my blue dust and i hope you all get your boys
    Wow, thank you! Were you breastfeeding when you got your boys?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Wow, thank you! Were you breastfeeding when you got your boys?

your welcome if i can help anyone with swaying blue im more than happy to answer any questions etc i just wasnt sure how much help my own experience would be!

i have breastfed all my babies but not for very long, my first boy was 6 weeks exclusive breastfeeding then 3 weeks mixed feeding before switching to bottles fully at 9 weeks (i then conceived my daughter who was lost during pregnancy) 2nd boy was only breastfed for 2 weeks, 3rd boy was 8 days and 4th boy was around 10 days and i conceived a girl 5 months after i had him.

so no i wasnt breastfeeding at the time of conception with any of my boys, are you breastfeeding while swaying blue? how are you finding swaying? i did my first sway with this pregnancy and opted to go team green for the first time too!

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    your welcome if i can help anyone with swaying blue im more than happy to answer any questions etc i just wasnt sure how much help my own experience would be!

i have breastfed all my babies but not for very long, my first boy was 6 weeks exclusive breastfeeding then 3 weeks mixed feeding before switching to bottles fully at 9 weeks (i then conceived my daughter who was lost during pregnancy) 2nd boy was only breastfed for 2 weeks, 3rd boy was 8 days and 4th boy was around 10 days and i conceived a girl 5 months after i had him.

so no i wasnt breastfeeding at the time of conception with any of my boys, are you breastfeeding while swaying blue? how are you finding swaying? i did my first sway with this pregnancy and opted to go team green for the first time too!
    I'm so sorry for your loss! ♡

I am EBF and was planning to go at least a year, but sort of long term pre-swaying in case of an oops since I already have my period (am just now 12w postpartum and have had two).

I'm doing things very differently from when I conceived my DD, but working on snacking and not ignoring hunger cues (or even getting hungry) 😣

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss! ♡

I am EBF and was planning to go at least a year, but sort of long term pre-swaying in case of an oops since I already have my period (am just now 12w postpartum and have had two).

I'm doing things very differently from when I conceived my DD, but working on snacking and not ignoring hunger cues (or even getting hungry) ��

sounds like your certainly on the right track! just keep trying to pick at food little and often, its funny having looked at some of the "how we got our boys" and "how we got our girls" threads from those who didnt sway but have had multiple boys/girls the one thing that seems to really stand out is eating habits! and its not always so much what you eat its how you eat! the girl mums all seem to have similar eating patterns and its the same for the boy mums too, boy mums are almost all habitual snackers while most of the girl mums seem to be the opposite, even when other things like bd pattern or types of food being eaten werent very pink or blue friendly their normal eating patterns are almost always exactly whats recommended for sways.

i think you'll be in with a great shot at blue and having your period back so soon while ebf is amazing! at least you know you wont be waiting around for it to arrive when you decide you do want to go ahead and ttc
    now 6blue5pink

14. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12