Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    Oh how I hope this is me. I wonder though did you ever want boys to begin with? Because I never even would have picked ONE girl and now I will have 3, and I don't know how to get over that. Today I am so miserable about having 3 daughters that I could barely breathe at one point. I took my girls to a H'ween party and saw a family with 3 girls and it almost made me physically sick and I am sure most people thought they were precious (and they were), all dressed alike, but I couldn't stand the thought that that will be MY family makeup. Today, I regret getting pregnant at all. Today I wish I had just been happy with 2 kids and not ever wanted a third; I was OK with 2 girls. Three girls? It has made me sometimes even look at the 2 daughters I have, who I couldn't possibly love more than I do, with a detachment that I can't understand. Today I honestly have a hard time understanding why some people even want ONE girl. Today I'm REALLY mad at God...today is definitely one of my worst GD days ever, it has been since the moment I got up, and I don't know why.

But I keep telling myself I can get through today and it'll get better. This won't last forever. But TODAY has just flat out sucked. I wish I hadn't of swayed because for me, it really got my hopes up ... I knew it wasn't near 100% but I wanted to believe so badly that I would have a son that I DID believe it. And that has made this all the harder to bear.

I kinda think as much as I want to see so many people here through their TTC and pregnancies I just need to quit coming. I keep thinking that but it has been hard to commit because I do feel so connected and supported and encouraged here, but also ... it's just HARD to come here and see other people who still have a shot at their dream, and mine's OVER. Today is a bad day but I've had so many good ones that I know it'll be OK in the long run. All the best to everyone
    Honestly, I did want both boys and girls, actually wanted a boy for DS 1 and got him, and I feel very blessed to have the experience of pregnancy/birth without having the specter of gender disappointment hanging over my head. I have nothing but love and sympathy for everyone who has a strong gender pref. from the first child and do not have their dreams come true. Huge ((((hugs)))).

Let me tell you though, I do know of one woman in particular who had a strong, strong preference for boys from the beginning and did not want any girls, and she did overcome her GD to find peace - her name is Tamara and I think a lot of you know her. She had very severe GD and has overcome that and she did so before she conceived her son.

Also, I know of a dozen or more women from IG who ONLY wanted girls and would be green with envy over an all girl family. So don't assume anyone is pitying you at all or feel embarrassed, because a LOT of people would freely choose to have the family that you have.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 29th, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Honestly, I did want both boys and girls, actually wanted a boy for DS 1 and got him, and I feel very blessed to have the experience of pregnancy/birth without having the specter of gender disappointment hanging over my head. I have nothing but love and sympathy for everyone who has a strong gender pref. from the first child and do not have their dreams come true. Huge ((((hugs)))).

Let me tell you though, I do know of one woman in particular who had a strong, strong preference for boys from the beginning and did not want any girls, and she did overcome her GD to find peace - her name is Tamara and I think a lot of you know her. She had very severe GD and has overcome that and she did so before she conceived her son.

Also, I know of a dozen or more women from IG who ONLY wanted girls and would be green with envy over an all girl family. So don't assume anyone is pitying you at all or feel embarrassed, because a LOT of people would freely choose to have the family that you have.
    i HAVE to ask, did she get her boy eating rice krispies and coffee creamer? ;-)

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    i HAVE to ask, did she get her boy eating rice krispies and coffee creamer? ;-)
    Probably! She also took soy LOL!!! That baby was meant to be!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And she ate chips for breakfast too
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it's easy to get over your GD when you get what you want after all. I remember tamara posted once she had a dream her DD2 was lost and she was looking for her, find her and got her home safe. And only after this dream she really got over her GD about DD2. And she already had her boy at that time or just know it was a boy Im not sure.But Im sure she said this.

I don't have GD right now but I wish to have a boy and if I get DD5 im sure I will have some GD...Im always thinking not to ttc...like it's not to late to stop yet.
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post

This is SO true!

And not to be the debbie downer again, but I have to say again: when you don't know if you will ever have ANY baby again, you gain a new perspective on the gender thing. I used to feel like I wouldn't know how I would feel if I had a 3rd girl, and now, I would take a 3rd girl in a skinny minute. I would take twin girls. I totally know how you ladies feel, I just want to say that I hope everyone who suffers from some GD is able to step away from that sometimes and say, "You know what? I am F'ING lucky."
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So true, Lola!

Flava, I will have GD for sure if it is another girl.
    Fathers Day baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And by the way, so don't mean that to be snarky or anything....I just hope my perspective from not being able to get pg helps others deal with the gd.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No it does put things in to perspective!
    Fathers Day baby!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everyone who is able to have children should feel very very lucky, it's a great blessing.
    My brother and SIL were trying for about 5 years and gave up. Then after 3 attempts on clomid they were able to conceive. Sadly my nephew was still born at 24 weeks. It made me feel so guilty about my fertility and healthy babies.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast