Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_1535.jpg

This was my typical diet when ttc baby 3 which also resulted girl. From food diary I kept. Now granted I took clomid, but I had huge amounts of EWCM still which in the past I never had. Despite that however I used pre seed to boost odds of conception. Pre seed IS another common denominator in this failed sway where the clomid is not.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone who feels the need to post about this issue, I really urge you to hit me where it hurts. I do not like the implication that I am being dishonest or sneaky about this which seems to be being promoted behind my back. But when I reply to a question, I am going to give my honest opinion about that, because I guess I thought that was my job to do that.

Nutshell version of communication in a forum:

1) You say whatever
    2) I answer
    3)Followup question
    4)I reply

So if 1) occurs, and then I respond to that, it is not because I"m trying to be a contrarian or argumentative or dismiss your point of view. I started this thread so I could talk about this stuff and anyone who did NOT want to talk about it could then bow out. I started it so people could bring stuff up they've been wondering about and then I could tell everyone (openly, honestly, directly) what my thought processes are about the various sway tactics, why I recommend
    them, why I don't, why I do things the way that I do.

So, I ask your patience and tolerance for the imperfect method of communicating which is the Internet, that we all come to an agreement that what I want everyone to do is feel free to bring up whatever, but then at the same time, please expect that I will then give forth on my thoughts. Do not be surprised when I do this, and do not be surprised if I am possibly not in agreement.

BUT, all that having been said, please do respect the fact that I am doing this, instead of painting me out to be somehow dishonest or misleading people, and also please understand that an idea offered will be discussed by me. An open and honest person who does not want to hear other people's opinions would not open a thread to talk about this. No more sneaking around behind my back.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 14th, 2016 at 05:21 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Pink Pony, XXforhubby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    I just want to reiterate that I did not reference anyone in my original post. I was simply speaking in generalities. If you read my post, I mention how empathetic I am to all of the opposites.

I'm done posting about this.

DS1, DS2, DS3
    One last pink sway in 2016
    My Ovulation Chart
    XX that was not directed at you!! I simply answered your question and someone suggested that I was talking about a person that they named by name!!! But I wasn't, I was just answering your concern!!!

5. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Burakoam View Post
    Preseed for me has given me two girls. I didnt use too little, or too much. i found a sweet spot, and despite it conceived girls. Honestly on clomid i had LOADS of egg white fluid which is weird because it does tend to dry lots of other women up..so im going to say that maybe pre seed does sway more pink than some would like to admit. that should be considered.

Blue does work for upping fertility, i was pregnant the first month i ovulated even if it was the second month of trying.

I think my comment of a body being 'at war' with its natural 'habitat' so to speak is what causes blue OR pink swayers to suddenly stop getting pregnant as fast as maybe they had before. My hormones were regulated, perfect cycles etc...but i was so thin as well that despite the prenatals (and yes i was on those from june 2014 until NOW even, i never stopped taking them) but i am also a 'girl mom' at this point. I dont feel shame in saying that, i still think it sucks but...if im in blue condition it seems to take me longer to get pregnant. Could that be the PCOS? possibly.

the other things that should be looked at more IMO is sugars and insulin...you already have a good lead on that but i swear when i wasnt pregnant and TTC my DD3 i had so many tests done. My fasting glucose was literally at 99, and they would not even give me a 'high normal' they just gave me a normal though the cut off between abnormal and not in a non pregnant fasting woman is 100. I was borderline gestational diabetic with my first pregnancy, i was gestational diabetic in my last 2 pregnancies, and because i still have a blood kit i can tell you i already sit above the 120 after 2 hours after eating with THIS baby...and im only 14.5 Weeks. I am sure eating blue though the foods WERE rich in nutrients did not help me as i gained weight, increasing that insulin resistance, etc.

However that sucks, because i was aware of that before i started the blue sway and i swear i mentioned it as a possibility of needing scewed in my plan to make sure high sugars didnt lead me into girl territory. However when you read what i have written its hard to not suspect that has always been my issue.
    Burkoam, I do my very best in your guys plans to give you the sways I think will work best for you. I tried really hard. I want everyone to succeed. I am simply not an oracle and I do not know what is going to work for everyone and what won't. All the data I have seen indicates that PCO and higher blood sugar sways blue.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Burakoam View Post
    Okay I do want to stress though it could be taken offensively that in order to further push your blue sways as close to superior as you can get... to say 4-5-6 whatever people are skewing the results and it's not the sway itself...idk. 'Maybe there is something I did that caused the sway to fail but also it's just as well your sway wasn't a perfect fit for whatever it is that prevents me from making boys. Using myself as a reference...

I was going through my diary of ttc my third and I ate baked potatoes constantly, had meat by itself with onion cause I was craving it during my conception cycle etc.. I was pretty boy friendly with diet even then. Was on orenatals for 7 months before conceiving, I snacked on cereal even if I didn't eat it as often as I did on the actual HE diet.. However still pretty lazy despite being active with my job as a nurse. Lots of walking, running and lifting.. and all the stuff I have already mentioned. I could believe maybe I just have a lot of bad luck I guess but regardless even if I was more crazy about blue foods this time I still ate pretty Boyish before. In my case HE didn't work. Maybe the problem here is you are needing to personalize plans more to fit individuals instead of a group lump sum. While for a majority maybe all they need to do is eat more and more of the right things but what about the women who already live a pretty boy friendly diet life style, maybe not so much the excersise..who still get lots of girls? I think that factor needs explored and tailored and m the future
    Yes, and that is why I really do not ever choose to talk about this. I prefer to make my observations and then change things if anything jumps out at me as really swaying the opposite direction. I do not want to, EVER, make anyone feel bad and I beyond NEVER like to go over people's sway opposites and say it's this or that. I have set up the whole "add your sway" forum to prevent that from happening. But I can't ignore those things either, I wouldn't be doing my job if I did, and when I can look back at the successful sways I've already talked about and nothing has really changed (including Preseed and having women with PCOS) then it leaves me at a loss.

If it had been up to me, I would not have started talking about this at all openly. I was asked the question, I responded to it to the best of my ability, openly and honestly and directly, skipping over nothing. have certainly been monitoring the blue sway results closely and in great detail and only talked about the whole thing when I was asked to. It was not a conversation I chose to have, but if I did have the conversation and I left out some of that stuff, that would be manipulative of ME. Does that make sense?? I don't want to leave out something that may be important. It isn't a personal affront on anyone, I know you swayed your heart out, you aren't even one of the people I'm thinking of. Those were people who were back in 2015 and not even on the site now.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 14th, 2016 at 05:09 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe that this is one of those things where no one is going to be happy with any honest answer that I can give. There is just no happy ending to this thread where I can say "aha this is it this is THE thing we are doing wrong and happy happy joy joy to all". It's because I would be lying if I did that. I think swaying works (and I think blue swaying may be naturally higher success than pink) but it isn't perfect, unfortunately. I could blow smoke up everyone's tushies and say "ok let's add in rasperry leaf tea and switch from green tea to black tea" or start having you guys worry about ions or moon phases or even start having everyone wear blue undies, and it might even make it look like something happened but I betcha it would be simply that our luck changed.

I think there's a confluence of events that has happened, I've already gone over them, in the process hurting people's feelings which is never my hope or intent, and I feel like when I attempt to address people's concerns people are taking that as arguments. Soooo. I have another post to add where I talk about some older posts, but maybe I'll just let that drop for a while till everyone's calmed down. to all.

9. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes Pink Pony liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sharing this everywhere the topic came up because I do think it is very important.

3 or 4 unlucky sways can make a 58% success rate into a 70% one. There was one off year and looking at the bigger picture our overall success rates over 5 years with a much larger sample size are 66%.

I thought it might be helpful to everyone to see the breakdown of our success rates for blue sways by year.

2011-2012 40 22 - 62% success rate.

I have a further breakdown for 41 of these where I broke them down by IG/FGD vs. HE because HE was new then and we wanted to see if there was any difference - this thread is in the Dream Members section for anyone who wants to verify this.

41 total sways
    15 opposites, 4 of which were HE, 11 of which were IG/FGD
    26 success, 10 of which were IG, 16 of which were HE

If I had chosen to eliminate the IG sways I could have manipulated this data into a much higher success% for this two year period while improving our overall success rates for the site, but I choose not to do that.

2013 29 7 - 80% success rate

2014 20 8 - 71% success rate

2015 21 15 58% success rate

2016 So far 5 5 50% success rate.

Total success rates of the site:

172 total sways, 115 boys, 57 girls, success rate 66%
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 15th, 2016 at 03:05 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, since the idea that "pink sways are getting worse results" has been claimed in this thread, I submit our pink results here. Simply not true. (I never said that either BTW, that had to be some kind of misunderstanding.) Our results for pink started bad, then thanks largely to things we learned from blue sways, have improved significantly. We are on the right track here. If it makes sense to you, regardless of a single bad year for blue sways that was well within the margin for error - a handful of unlucky sways can push something with a small sample size from 70% to 58% easily. It does not mean that swaying isn't working or we are doing something wrong.

Pink sway results:

2012-2012 67 42 61% success rate. There were a handful of people who never came back to update on their sways so assuming that those people ALL got opposites, this drops to 58% success.

(rainbowflower added these up for us here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...tatistics.html if you would like to see this post.)

We were keeping such a good spreadsheet during this time, that like an idiot I did not keep straight up tallies with the add your sways, by the year for 2013 and 2014. When I have time I'll go thru the add your sways and break these down so everyone can see them and then I will tally them all up to demonstrate the overall success rates of the site over the past 5 years. Our success rates went up and down around 63-68% during this time on the spreadsheet and so I am assuming similar rates of success. (remember, not everyone who does an add your sway enters data into the spreadsheet and vice versa)

2015 59 23 72% success rate

2016 So far 30 10 75% success rate.

If you swayed recently and feel your sway is being left out of the above tally (success or opposite, we want all results) please let me know here. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...we-having.html

12. Likes ME MOM liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since I joined this site I have read almost every post about boy sways. Atomic has always mentioned that swaying is by no way a guarantee and that one should sway only if they can handle an opposite. I myself swayed beginning of 2015 gained a lot of weight cause it took me more than four months to get pregnant, so decided to stop ttc cause I couldn't handle my body weight. Lost 15 kilos in 3 months and then started ttc. Then gained 3 kilos on HE for 2 months and third month got pg with my beautiful sway opposite. Maybe I shouldn't have diated or maybe my dh smoking messed up my sway, who really knows...but my point is that swaying is not IVF/PGD and there's always the chance for an opposite. I decided to sway based on atomic's recommendations because a) my lifestyle when I concieved my first two girls was the girl sway recommendations down to every single one, b) the recommendations were not compromising my health (as opposed to IG recommendations) c) I had nothing to loose since my DH and I wanted a third child anyway, so might as well try a different way this time around.
    I wanted to mention though, that I have talked to the midwives in the clinic where I gave birth to my dd and there is a percentage of 70% girls born since the beginning of 2016 there. Also at my prenatal yoga class we were 10 ladies and 8 of us were having girls....
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

14. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think what all of this comes down to is we have a HUGE mindshare of data here- some you all see in the public forum and a lot you never see, in the private forum. We have tons of users that never post in the open forums.

So, we have OUR WAY of swaying. It is what we consider the best and what we think gives you the best odds of success. Unlike other sites that sell plans and diets, we are exposed- you have access to us in the forums. Nobody else has the courage to do that.

Of course people will not agree with our method of swaying! That's totally ok!! You don't have to agree with us! You have to understand that when we read about someone contradicting our swaying methodology, we struggle because we think you will fail and that's not what we want. We want everyone to get their DG. So, we will come off as defensive. We are. We truly stand behind our recommendations and if you think you have a better approach? That's fine but we have tons of data stating otherwise.

Swaying is not an exact science. We all know that. I do not want to have to constantly defend our approach. This is what we believe yields the best results.

It's a fine line for us to walk to see people type things that we believe lessen their chances and for us not to speak up. You can take that as defensive but we want you to succeed and we will continue us to speak up when we see information posted that we are fundamentally not behind.

Good luck to all.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

16. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast