Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No EWCM :(

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

No EWCM :(

I've been trying to conceive for two cycles now (I know that isn't a lot, but I'm still panicking; just my personality) and I am unsure what to do as I never get EWCM. The first cycle we TTC'd, we tried PreSeed and it gave me an allergic reaction that caused BDing to hurt and made me extremely itchy for a week after I stopped using it. Should I suffer through it or will it not be helpful if I'm allergic?

The second cycle we TTC'd I used egg whites with a turkey baster, but found it difficult to keep most of it inside me due to the consistency. Is it okay if a decent amount leaks out?

I also tried EPO but it messed up my cycle terribly and (I think) caused my monitor to miss my peak day.

Any advice is much appreciated; I'm desperate to get preggo with my baby boy!
    Julie

since June 28, 2014

for sometime in 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gojulieogo View Post
    I've been trying to conceive for two cycles now (I know that isn't a lot, but I'm still panicking; just my personality) and I am unsure what to do as I never get EWCM. The first cycle we TTC'd, we tried PreSeed and it gave me an allergic reaction that caused BDing to hurt and made me extremely itchy for a week after I stopped using it. Should I suffer through it or will it not be helpful if I'm allergic?

The second cycle we TTC'd I used egg whites with a turkey baster, but found it difficult to keep most of it inside me due to the consistency. Is it okay if a decent amount leaks out?

I also tried EPO but it messed up my cycle terribly and (I think) caused my monitor to miss my peak day.

Any advice is much appreciated; I'm desperate to get preggo with my baby boy!
    Oh no I'm sorry about the Preseed!! No, leave it out.

I am really, really not a fan of the egg whites. I think they're dangerous and actually lower odds of conception for the very reason you describe. I would much rather you guys use semen itself by BD a little more coming into your fertile window, this raises pH and is obviously safe for sperm. Only do this if your husband can keep up with regular BDing though.

Did you try guanefesin yet?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. I've been taking 1200 mg extended release Guanefenesin in the mornings for ~5 days leading up to and through my fertile period. I'm thinking I should split it in half though and take half in the afternoons since it lasts 12 hours.

Husband can definitely keep up with regular BDing; I haven't been able to get him to cut it down to every other day so I'm worried about that too. The egg whites mostly leak out before BD, so I don't think that's keeping me from getting pregnant. Most of the semen stays inside and I push it up inside me if any is threatening to come out after.

I'm concerned about not using *anything* because isn't it pretty much impossible to get preggo without fertile CM?
    Julie

since June 28, 2014

for sometime in 2017

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much water do you drink? Half of your body weight in ounces of water is what people should be drinking. Example, if a person weights 200lbs, they drink 100oz of water per day. Assuming they don't drink caffeine.

How much caffeine do you drink?

What kind of foods are you eating (list a full typical day)?

The body can't make CM in high amounts if it is dehydrated. Also, if your estrogen is on the lower side, it will affect your CM.

Even if CM doesn't drip out, it doesn't mean there isn't any in the uterus itself. If it is very thick, it won't come out. As long as you can get well lubricated naturally, then you should be okay. What Robitussin does is thin it out, it doesn't create more. Do you see any at all after you ovulate or during the time you ovulate? Do you really dig up there to find some? lol I know, lots of questions.

I usually don't see any until O day or the day after, and I really have to dig to get it. Changes in diet also changes ewcm. Are you drinking grapefruit juice? If not, it is highly recommended by many. I cannot attest as I just started drinking it myself, but my creamy cm became more watery in just one day of the juice. It's usually very thick and difficult to find.
    Last edited by cosmosis; December 19th, 2016 at 05:52 AM.
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I weigh 130 (up from 118 before I started the HE diet ) and try to get 64 oz per day of water (usually lemon/orange water or club soda). I stopped caffeine when I started the HE diet in September.

Typical day:
    Breakfast- Full-fat greek yogurt with homemade muesli (millet, oats, pistachios, coconut, flaxseed, dried cranberries, dried dates, banana chips).
    Lunch- Beef meatballs with onion and red peppers, served with marinara sauce
    Dinner- Chicken thigh or breast with a sauce and a grain

I do get CM, just not EWCM, and I was under the impression that if it's too thick, the sperm can't get to the egg. I can get lubricated, but it isn't thin or stretchy. What kind of grapefruit juice do you drink and how much? I hate grapefruit but I could stomach some if it'll help!
    Julie

since June 28, 2014

for sometime in 2017

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get organic grapefruit juice from the dairy section at the grocery store, it's right next to the orange juice. It isn't fantastic, I don't like it lol. I can tolerate it for a week or so though.

You do want the cm you have to be "swimable" so the robitussin and grapefruit juice will help alot. I don't see many veggies listed on your food intake, you may want to add hearty veggies to your diet and leafy greens also. They help alot as well because they are hydrating, you seem to be drinking a good amount of water which is great! Are you having any dairy besides the yogurt? Dairy is known to create more mucous in the body.
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived what was probably twin boys with NO fertile CM (lost one). None. I was checking my pH 2-3 times a day and it never rose past 5 until I was already pregnant. I did not even realize I had ovulated because I never saw a speck of the stuff. There is often a lot up inside where you can't see it (and please don't go spelunking for it, either.) The semen is a little "life raft" to keep the sperm alive till it hits the cervix where there will be EWCM lining it.

11. Thanks Skyblue thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Julie, try to remember that the whole human race grew to shocking population without anyone pondering the nature of their CM. Just because what you see seems thick, that tells you nothing about what is up inside.

Grapefruit juice can help but I honestly think you are ok. I never noticed EWCM until after I'd had my second son (wasn't looking for it, but didn't notice it either)

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Cosmosis. Do you only drink the grapefruit juice from AF-O then? And how much do you advise to drink each day? You're definitely right that I need more vegetables in my diet; I take wheatgrass pills to try to help but I need to be better about adding the real thing. The only real dairy I have is the yogurt and sometimes ice cream, but I can try to add whole milk in.
    Julie

since June 28, 2014

for sometime in 2017

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, that is comforting. I already bought some grapefruit juice so I think I'll give it a try (it can't hurt, right?).

Another question I just thought of: I know it is helpful to have a big O when TTC for a boy, but I just can't get there during BD. If I get myself there right after we're done, will that help?
    Julie

since June 28, 2014

for sometime in 2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast