Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do I even have a chance at a boy?

I was planning on TTC a boy this month. But I feel like everything is stacked up against me and sways girl.
    My youngest is 10 months old, I am still exclusively breastfeeding her, my husband smokes, drinks coffee and works around chemicals. All these things sway girl.
    I have been on the HE diet and eating more dairy then I ever have before for about 6 weeks now. We are also taking some supplements. I am taking folic acid, ACV and vitamin D. My husband is taking a fertility supplement, testosterone, folic acid, L arginine, vitamin D, vitamin E and ACV.
    Even though I am still breastfeeding my cycles seem to be pretty "normal" ranging about 35 days with O being around CD 18-20.

I just feel like there is more in our life that sways girl and we don't really have much of a real chance at a boy. Should I wait a little longer to ttc a boy?

We already have 3 girls and this is our last chance at a boy.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You always have a shot at having a little boy. So hard when you'restruggling to believe that though.

HE diet will work a lot in your favour. Have you been doing the weights too? Do you think you'll manage the BD pattern, 3 attempts is also very blue friendly? I'd be cautious of extending the HE diet unnecessarily, gaining too much weight over a longer period of time may sway pink.

I also don't think DHs coffee drinking plays any significant role? Thought it was more if you were a big coffee drinker.

Anyway good luck with whatever you decide.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You always have a chance of a boy, but I have some concerns about you trying this month. The first concern is that you are not even 1 year postpartum. I really, really prefer you guys wait till at least 12 months and probably 18 is better, between your babies for best chances of blue.

Your husband is taking testosterone? What do you mean? And what is the fertility supplement?

I do not want any man taking more than 100% Vit. E. This is because it may be harmful to cell division (which is what sperm IS, is rapidly dividing cells) and most Vit. E supps are much higher than that.

I also suggest that you in particular ditch the ACV. What we have found in our research is that lower blood sugar may sway pink, and ACV has been proven to significantly lower blood sugar. I'd have you do lemon water instead.

Are neither of you taking a multivitamin??

I really think it's best to wait this month out, I'm sorry.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I waited till my dd2 was 18 months old and still had another girl.
    He takes a testosterone to help increase his TT levels. Not Dr recommend or anything just thought it would help with our sway. Same with the fertility supplement. I got both online
    I'm wanting to have my 4th sooner rather then later so that my dd3 has a sibling close in age

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not saying waiting is a guarantee, I am saying you are not giving yourself the best chance here. (if your husband smoked when you conceived your previous DD that is something we see strongly correlated with girls and so I would not look at that 18 months number and think that proves anything) You are really, really harming your chances of success TTC this soon based on what I have seen with people whose sways succeeded and those that did not.

Male testosterone has never been proven to sway blue. In fact we see a strong correlation with weightlifters who are supplementing with testosterone and having girls. It may be that naturally high T levels sway blue but when you artificially raise them that sways pink. We just don't have the data to say.

Can you please tell me what the fertility supplement is? Then I can tell you what our experience has been with it.

If you want to TTC sooner, that's totally up to you, of course. You asked my opinion of whether I thought you'd be best served TTC now or waiting, and I think you'll have better chances by waiting, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to. Good luck and blue dust.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic why does working in a chemical plant sway girl? My husband currently works in one but will be starting a new job next month?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because exposures even to small amounts of pollutants and harmful chemistry may kill sperm and lower sperm numbers may sway pink.