Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Only 2 day abstinence?

We will be making our first attempt today most likely.
    I wasn't expecting to ovulate until the 18th at the earliest so my dh and I dtd, protected, on the 13th and 14th and I got a + opk at 8pm on the 15th. I usually get a + opk in the morning and ovulate the next day. So I'm assuming with me getting a late + I will ovulate on the 17th sometime.
    Should my dh and I bd tonight or wait till the 17th? If we wait till the 17th we won't be able to bd until around 730pm.
    Also since he only has a 2 day abstinence is that going to be OK for a boy sway?
    Any tips?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually think my looks from yesterday are negative and I got my first + this morning?
    The top 3 are from yesterday and the bottom one is from this morning

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bottom looks positive!
    2 days is fine although if protected I'd say make sure you get at least 2 attempts in, if not 3.
    Bd no more than 3 days in a row is the advice I think I read.
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2 day abstinence is fine for a boy sway! Anything from 2-4 days prior to fertile window and once that fertile window opens you should be having attempts, PLURAL!!

Yes yes please BD tonight. You can't assume anything about what time of day you'll O and it would be a very bad move to wait till the 17th. We have had more girls than boys conceived with only one attempt in fertile window so we need to try not to limit ourselves to that. Tonight and tomorrow too and then again on the 17th!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Babybeaublue View Post
    Bottom looks positive!
    2 days is fine although if protected I'd say make sure you get at least 2 attempts in, if not 3.
    Bd no more than 3 days in a row is the advice I think I read.
    If the fertile window is open it's ok to BD 3 days in a row.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes! That's what I meant not more than 3?
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I generally want you guys to keep going if you can.

What we are trying to avoid is tons of attempts that start before the fertile window is open culminate in O. So like 7 BD in a row and then the 7th or 8th day is O day. By the time the egg shows up the early attempts are all dead and hubby is often shooting dust by that point.

But once the fertile window is open, CM is present and the sperm all have some chance of making it to the egg. Even if O is delayed by a couple days and you end up getting many days of pos OPK in a row, we're adding more and more sperm to the mix.

To illustrate using numbers I am making up and not specific to any one person and in fact most men make more:

1)a couple starts BD right after AF ends and DTD daily thru O. The early batches are in the infertile part of the cycle and by the time the fertile window opens the daily release has depleted sperm numbers so even with a 5 day fertile window (best case scenario) 5-10 million sperm per batch ends up being 25 million thru 50 mill sperm total (and many of those would have capacitated and died long before egg shows up)

2)A couple BD every 2-4 days for max sperm numbers. Then once fertile window opens they have 3 more attempts deliberately, 100 million, 50 million, and 20 million sperm (which happens because the guy is not totally depleted) this is right away going to be more than option one. But say they keep getting positive OPK. Even if the guy is running out of gas and now releasing the 5-10 million as in option one, that will be added onto those first batches (which can stay alive since fertile window is open, at least some portion of them will) Now, at some point, you are probably going to get sick of the whole thing and so it's ok to take a day off in there somewhere but if you are pretty sure you have not ovulated yet, it may behoove you to keep rolling with it once the process has begun.

The worst thing you'd want to do is start off with option one, be in the fertile window with a few puny attempts and then decide, "eh that's enough" and end up not only with one attempt in the fertile window, and a pink frequency pattern with all the releases back to back, but even have a cutoff to boot (which doesn't sway, but cannot help in this situation since the sperm woud simply continue to capacitate and die!!)

10. Likes Leimey liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I generally want you guys to keep going if you can.

What we are trying to avoid is tons of attempts that start before the fertile window is open culminate in O. So like 7 BD in a row and then the 7th or 8th day is O day. By the time the egg shows up the early attempts are all dead and hubby is often shooting dust by that point.

But once the fertile window is open, CM is present and the sperm all have some chance of making it to the egg. Even if O is delayed by a couple days and you end up getting many days of pos OPK in a row, we're adding more and more sperm to the mix.

To illustrate using numbers I am making up and not specific to any one person and in fact most men make more:

1)a couple starts BD right after AF ends and DTD daily thru O. The early batches are in the infertile part of the cycle and by the time the fertile window opens the daily release has depleted sperm numbers so even with a 5 day fertile window (best case scenario) 5-10 million sperm per batch ends up being 25 million thru 50 mill sperm total (and many of those would have capacitated and died long before egg shows up)

2)A couple BD every 2-4 days for max sperm numbers. Then once fertile window opens they have 3 more attempts deliberately, 100 million, 50 million, and 20 million sperm (which happens because the guy is not totally depleted) this is right away going to be more than option one. But say they keep getting positive OPK. Even if the guy is running out of gas and now releasing the 5-10 million as in option one, that will be added onto those first batches (which can stay alive since fertile window is open, at least some portion of them will) Now, at some point, you are probably going to get sick of the whole thing and so it's ok to take a day off in there somewhere but if you are pretty sure you have not ovulated yet, it may behoove you to keep rolling with it once the process has begun.

The worst thing you'd want to do is start off with option one, be in the fertile window with a few puny attempts and then decide, "eh that's enough" and end up not only with one attempt in the fertile window, and a pink frequency pattern with all the releases back to back, but even have a cutoff to boot (which doesn't sway, but cannot help in this situation since the sperm woud simply continue to capacitate and die!!)

12. Thanks Babybeaublue thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Screenshot_20170618-092044.jpg

I got my first + opk on the 15th at 8pm and continued to get + opks till about 6pm on the 16th. At 8 pm on the 16th my opk started going negative. We BD AT 10PM and again on the 17th at 930 pm. I usually take my temp at 630 am but this morning when I should of gotten my spike, I woke up at 5am, an hour and half earlier then usual, took my temp and it was only 97.16. So not a big spike. Which could have been so to me waking earlier then normal? I believe I Oed yesterday but any opinions? Maybe I didnt?
    Should we BD today? We dtd on the 13th and 14th protected. Swaying boy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast