Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlmama3 View Post
    So for a boy would it be best to BD every day for the 3 days before ovulation and ovulation day? so 4 days in a row? Thank you!!!!
    If you can, that's great.

Let me tell you the possible risk of this so you don't get blindsided if things go wrong.

What has happened sometimes is that your ovulation may not come on time. Sometimes, blue swayers' hubbies kind of run out of steam after too many back to back attempts. So if you've started too far before O, and your hubby gets worn out and can't "complete the transaction" this can end up in the worst case scenario as having an attempt on O-3 and O-2 and then he gets super tired and can't have any more attempts. This ends up being kind of only 1 attempt really, since most of the stuff from O-3 will have died off before the egg shows up. So you may want to do every other day early on, and then daily O-2, O-1, and O Day, or something like that. And if O is delayed go back to every other day after O day so he will have the energy to be in with more attempts when you do ovulate.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes Coco22 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by afya1 View Post
    Yes, atomic I was curious to know this too. I'm more concerned in increasing chances of conception. So after AF could we do every 3-4 days and then as the 3days before ovulation occurs BD every day? And do the O-1, Ovulation day and The next day?

I also wanted to mention, this month I tracked ovulation with the OPKS and I only got a solid smiley in the AM and by 12midnight I had no Smiley.. what's the best thing to do in a situation like that? I know each cycle is different, I'm hoping to attempt in the second week of august. Currently on cycle day 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes that's how many of us got our boys! Regular unprotected sex early in the cycle (so every 2-4 days, don't sweat it if occasionally you have 2 in a row or go 5 days between, you just want a fairly regular pattern) and then once we were fertile, several attempts.

My official recommendation for all blue swayers who can stand to let go of timing is exactly what you're saying there - BD every 2-4 days unprotected in the early days of the month and then hit it with 3 attempts the day of positive OPK, again the next morning if you can, and then again the following day. Then if your hubby is able, go to every other day til you're sure you've ovulated.

Your OPK going negative do NOT tell you whether you've Oed or not. All OPK register is the hormone that triggers ovulation. So you will still O an average of 24-36 hours after that first positive even if it goes negative sooner than that.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!!

So for example if I get a positive OPK in the AM I should still go ahead with my 3 attempts after seeing that solid smiley? Even if I get no smiley at PM?

YES!! there is NO downside to this - the idea that O+12 sways pink has been as completely debunked as it is possible for anything to be debunked.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    YES!! there is NO downside to this - the idea that O+12 sways pink has been as completely debunked as it is possible for anything to be debunked.
    Thank you so much atomic.

I'm currently taking Mucinex, I wanted to know when I should stop taking mucinex. AF will be done by tomorrow, should I continue to take till I ovulation day?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most people will take till O day, others take till 3 days after ovulation. Mucinex is a pretty harmless thing, it is ok to continue even a little after O.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most people will take till O day, others take till 3 days after ovulation. Mucinex is a pretty harmless thing, it is ok to continue even a little after O.
    Thank you, the Mucinex Instructions say we can take 1 or 2 tablets every 12 hours.. what would you recommend? Can we take 2 tablets? Or stick to 1? The active ingredient is 600mg of Guaifenesin.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's how many of us got our boys! Regular unprotected sex early in the cycle (so every 2-4 days, don't sweat it if occasionally you have 2 in a row or go 5 days between, you just want a fairly regular pattern) and then once we were fertile, several attempts.

My official recommendation for all blue swayers who can stand to let go of timing is exactly what you're saying there - BD every 2-4 days unprotected in the early days of the month and then hit it with 3 attempts the day of positive OPK, again the next morning if you can, and then again the following day. Then if your hubby is able, go to every other day til you're sure you've ovulated.
    Just want to clarify - because I think I remember reading a few different opinions - as you get closer to O would you want to have protected sex or unprotected? Or just every 2-4 days from end of AF until fertile time then multiple attempts, all unprotected?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, the Mucinex Instructions say we can take 1 or 2 tablets every 12 hours.. what would you recommend? Can we take 2 tablets? Or stick to 1? The active ingredient is 600mg of Guaifenesin.

I'd just stick to one, that stuff is expensive!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by uubrittuu View Post
    Just want to clarify - because I think I remember reading a few different opinions - as you get closer to O would you want to have protected sex or unprotected? Or just every 2-4 days from end of AF until fertile time then multiple attempts, all unprotected?
    It is all about what YOU personally want. If you want to have Shettles timing (even though it doesn't work and most of us on here got opposites both pink and blue with it!) then you want to have protected sex (or have hubby release on his own) but PLEASE be very very sure you are using only non-spermicidal condoms and not anything with any kind of chemistry like spermicide or any lubricant other than those marked as "sperm safe, conception friendly".

If you don't buy the Shettles hype, and believe more in what the newest data says, that more unprotected sex boosts fertility both male and female, and additionally possibly the pH or hormones in hubby's semen may help to make you more boy-friendly, then you'd have unprotected sex and avoid any possible issues with spermicide condoms and other birth control anyway.

As you may have guessed I prefer the latter but please do what you personally feel the comfiest with.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow reading the BD schedule there is no way!
    I'm lucky if hubby wants to have sec twice a month lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast