Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clear blue opk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clear blue opk

Hi all, I’ve omly ever used the cheapie strips to test for O but decided to try testing with clear blue as it’s meant to be easier.

I have the pink lid one that shows a solid smile face at O howver on reading the box I see that detects the surge that can be 48hrs before O... so for us blue swayers who want to BD on the evening OF O do we wait 2 days after seeing that smiley ? How do we know we never just missed it from the presvious test?

Also it’s advised to test with the cheapies in afternoon not morning pee, but Cleaeblue instructions recommend first morning pee is a good time as you’ll definitely not have had a drink as recommended no fluids for 4 hours before testing ... so is this hood advice or should we ignore that ?

Any advice from previous experience of using these is much appreciated , thank you x

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cc5025 View Post
    Hi all, I’ve omly ever used the cheapie strips to test for O but decided to try testing with clear blue as it’s meant to be easier.

I have the pink lid one that shows a solid smile face at O howver on reading the box I see that detects the surge that can be 48hrs before O... so for us blue swayers who want to BD on the evening OF O do we wait 2 days after seeing that smiley ? How do we know we never just missed it from the presvious test?

Also it’s advised to test with the cheapies in afternoon not morning pee, but Cleaeblue instructions recommend first morning pee is a good time as you’ll definitely not have had a drink as recommended no fluids for 4 hours before testing ... so is this hood advice or should we ignore that ?

Any advice from previous experience of using these is much appreciated , thank you x
    Following this as I'm confused too! I'm thinking of using 1 clearblue and 1 cheapie each day (but no idea re timings)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don’t want to advise on when to BD for blue- Atomic will let you know. My own two cents on the matter is to start your attempts when you get your smiley, because having earlier and more attempts are better for blue. I recall you’re to do 3 attempts at positive opk and then wait a day and have one more attempt or 2.

For the pink cap CBD (clear blue digital) opks, you can use any urine from any time of day, just hold your pee for at least 3 hours. I always used mine between 11-1pm each day, and I always detected my surge. It’s the purple advanced CBDs that is important to only use the first morning urine (FMU).

🤞🏻and all of my blue baby dust- I have gobs and gobs, haha!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    10/2017

Thank you Gender Dreaming for our precious little girl!

4. Likes Ladynic, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, I thought it was 3 attempts at O, when I previously used Shettles method to conceive my son it was 1 bd at o but I remember I based that on getting the dip and a positive opk ... maybe I did do prior to O, I’m all confused lol.

So is it ok to test with the pink clear blue with fmu? As that suits me best due to work but I didn’t want it effecting my results x

QUOTE=XXforhubby;949329]I don’t want to advise on when to BD for blue- Atomic will let you know. My own two cents on the matter is to start your attempts when you get your smiley, because having earlier and more attempts are better for blue. I recall you’re to do 3 attempts at positive opk and then wait a day and have one more attempt or 2.

For the pink cap CBD (clear blue digital) opks, you can use any urine from any time of day, just hold your pee for at least 3 hours. I always used mine between 11-1pm each day, and I always detected my surge. It’s the purple advanced CBDs that is important to only use the first morning urine (FMU).

����and all of my blue baby dust- I have gobs and gobs, haha!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    10/2017

Thank you Gender Dreaming for our precious little girl![/QUOTE]

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope this post clears it up for us both since we are getting closser to our attempts ��

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingRainbow View Post
    Following this as I'm confused too! I'm thinking of using 1 clearblue and 1 cheapie each day (but no idea re timings)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope this post clears it up for us both since we are getting closser to our attempts ��
    That's good to know! I have 2 dds and as far as I remember we dtd every few days and then every day around positive O - this was definitely done with dd2.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every day around O i think sways more towards pink due to poorer sperm count. I was reading a post today about it from atomic saying she does not recommend everyday around O for any sway as it lowers chances of conception x

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingRainbow View Post
    That's good to know! I have 2 dds and as far as I remember we dtd every few days and then every day around positive O - this was definitely done with dd2.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every day around O i think sways more towards pink due to poorer sperm count. I was reading a post today about it from atomic saying she does not recommend everyday around O for any sway as it lowers chances of conception x
    Ah!! I didn't know that. No wonder I have two girls so
    Thanks cc5025

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cc5025 if it helps, Shettles has been pretty much debunked. Also, it's impossible to know exactly what day you are ovulating based on OPK (can be determined within reasonable certainty AFTER if temping but not before). Even if you have a specific pattern you usually follow, every cycle is different (as I'm learning myself). Even if you could pinpoint the exact day of O, my understanding is that your chances of actually conceiving from bd the day of O are pretty slim. The sperm need time to capacitate and the egg only lives for a short amount of time after it's released if not fertilized.

11. Thanks Cc5025 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You do NOT want to BD on the evening of O. You will cut the odds of conception to NOTHING doing it that way and plus it will most likely be one attempt because the egg will be dead and gone by the time you have more than that first attempt.

Shettles DOES NOT WORK but even if you want Shettles, doing it our way is still considered in the Shettles window. O-1 is supposed to be boy friendly. So you BD the night of your first positive OPK (which should be 24-36 hours before O) again the next morning if you can (O Day) and then again the following night (O Day) This is three attempts and all in Shettles' window if that is important to you.

The surge is really a lot less likely to be 48 hours before O and much, much more likely to be 24-36 hours before.

Play around with it and see if you get better results in the morning or after lunch. Whichever works for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

13. Thanks Cc5025 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast