Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Supplements question!

Hi!

I’m currently taking a multivitamin, extra vitamin d (total 15mcg) and 1000mg fish oil in preparation for a blue sway next year. I noticed that people are taking 500mg fish oil or 1000mg every other day, why is this? I’m going to try and get hold of 500mg tablets when mine run out, but I just wondered if there’s any particular reason why 1000mg daily is too much..

Also interested to know how much vitamin d and how much folic acid is advisable daily (in mcg/mg). I will start taking extra folic acid closer to the time. Is there anything else I should be taking?? I feel like I don’t want to take too many different supplements but I also want to give myself the best possible chance of success.

Thanks in advance!

successful GD sway 2021

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think too high of fish oil can potentially thin the blood too much, so I think it's a health hazard thing?

I think a good multivitamin or prenatal on top of those supplements is absolutely recommended, as is a probiotic.

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooh ok that’s good to know! Yes will definitely add in a probiotic. Got a good multivit that I’m happy with.

Thanks!

successful GD sway 2021

5. Thanks 9jamama01 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Two reasons - not only is it a blood thinner like Panther mentions (thank you!) but also high doses of fish oil may lower cholesterol, and since cholesterol is what the body makes estrogen and testosterone out of, I want you guys to be SURE you are getting enough fish oil to assist your blue sway while not getting so much that you're lowering your cholesterol levels inadvertently.

I feel we saw disproportionate opposites among the people who were taking the most fish oil and since I spotted that, I've cut everyone back on the fish oil and our results seem to have improved.

I like most people (anyone not deficient) to take 25 Vit. D. (1000 IU)

I have an essay about blue sway supplements in this thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...html#post36593 It will probably answer most of your questions but if there's anything else don't hesitate to ask!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s interesting and good to know! I find the supplements so confusing and I really don’t want to mess up my sway by taking too much of something or the wrong things..! Will definitely check out the link, thank you.

I’m not 100% sure about probiotics, I’ve been googling and found a lot of stuff online that said they reduce cholesterol, aid weight loss, etc. But if they are likely to benefit my sway then I’d add them in. Definitely need to look a bit further into them

successful GD sway 2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We KNOW probiotics sway blue because we tracked our results with them and got boys 60% of the time even with PINK sways! Probiotics are a great blue sway because the microorganisms live in your intestines and not only help get more nutrients from the foods you eat but also even make B12 and some other nutrients themselves (and it's a really good healthy B12 as well). You needn't be worried about weight loss or lowered cholesterol from probiotics if you're eating an otherwise blue friendly diet, they don't work that way.

I got my last two boys with probiotics and gave them up to get my girl.

10. Likes mariamartinez78 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also please feel free to run any supps you are thinking about past me and I'll give you a yay or a nay.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    60% sounds like very promising odds! I found a multivit with added probiotic so I will go back to have a closer look at what’s in them. Was thinking of upping folic acid to 1mg total, not sure when to start this..maybe 6months before ttc? And then just 500mg fish oil a day. Not sure if there’s anything else that would be really essential, don’t think I want to overload myself though.

Thanks for all the advice!

successful GD sway 2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And that's with PINK sways, so if you add them into a blue sway, even better.

anywhere from 3-6 months before TTC is fine to add in the supplements. The supps we recommend on this site are all safe to be started as far in advance of a sway as possible and continued on through pregnancy (with the exception of Coq10/ubiquinol which should be weaned off at BFP, and then the excess folic acid or folate should be weaned off at the end of the first trimester of pregnancy - do not ever drop folic acid/folate cold turkey.)

14. Likes Fabby123 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    We KNOW probiotics sway blue because we tracked our results with them and got boys 60% of the time even with PINK sways! Probiotics are a great blue sway because the microorganisms live in your intestines and not only help get more nutrients from the foods you eat but also even make B12 and some other nutrients themselves (and it's a really good healthy B12 as well). You needn't be worried about weight loss or lowered cholesterol from probiotics if you're eating an otherwise blue friendly diet, they don't work that way.

I got my last two boys with probiotics and gave them up to get my girl.
    Hi Atomic, can you please kindly share the brand of the probiotic and the dosage you took while conceiving your last boys? Since there are tons of different brands out there, it’s really hard to determine which one is better than others.

Some more questions about supplements. I saw all of the woman one-a-day prenatal supplements selling in drugstores contain DHA, I am wondering if I need to take 500mg fish oil along with taking the one-a-day because you always remind us that no fatty acid supps in anything more than 500 mg TOTAL for all the supps we're taking.

My DH and I are not vegetarians nor super fans of meat, it seems very hard for me to increase the meat consuming to reach the level of at least 2200 calories per day only through our regular diet. Can I add coconut oil supplement 1000mg to my daily blue sway plan? In addition, is it a good idea that I take egg white protein powder 3x tbsp per day to increase my protein intake amount?

Thank you for your patience reading my questions and waiting for your reply. Very appreciated if you can help me to clarify these questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast