Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying for boy

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trying for boy

Hi there
    I am new to the site. Currently have two girls and will be trying for a boy in the fall. I’ve read so much information and this is very overwhelming. I’m hoping someone can assure me I’m on the right track.
    I’m going to follow the HE diet, try and exercise (weight train) a couple days a week in hopes I can gain a few lbs. I take a pre natal vitamin as well as Omega 3 fish oil. Aiming to limit my caffeine and drink more green tea. Should I also be taking EPO and a probiotic?
    Any other supplements?
    Suggestions for when to try around ovulation?

Appreciate the help

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! I know it seems like a lot at first but just ask ask ask till it all makes sense. I'm here to help!

Everything you're doing is spot on. I'd also give your hubby a men's Over 50 multivitamin if he'll take it like Men's one a day over 50 (even if he's not over 50.)

PLEASE don't take EPO - we saw tons of opposites with that and have recently dropped it from our blue sways and our results immediately improved once we did.

Probiotic - yes yes yes! I know on some sites they claim probiotics sway pink but we saw good results with it for blue, and such terrible results with probiotics for pink sways that we gave them up totally for pink!!

If you believe in timing, have your husband release every 2-4 days on his own or with you, wiht a non-spermicide condom or pullout as far in advance of attempts as possible, and then 1 day before ovulation OR day of positive OPK if your cycle is not regular, aim at having 3 attempts - night of O-1 (or positive oPK), again on morning of O day(day after pos OPK), and then again that night (so two attempts on the second day) If possible, have another attempt the next day, then every other day from then on out.

If you don't believe in timing, have those early attempts unprotected as the exposure to the hormones in the semen may make you more boy friendly and also more fertile (and we believe that improved fertility = more boys conceived as well)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for the feedback. I will definitely follow all the topics.
    Any particular probiotic?
    What do you recommend for timing? I used to believe in Shettles but after lots of research I’m doubting.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any kind of probiotic that is a name brand you recognize and can easily get in your are if you run out.

I don't believe in Shettles timing at all (you can read the full case against timing in this essay https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html) After getting 4 of my 5 kids as timing opposites (the other was a sneak attack and very well could have been an opposite too for all I know!) it's pretty hard for me to believe timing does anything at all. Most of us with all boys had unprotected sex when not fertile and then when we were trying, we had lots of attempts in the fertile window regardless of timing. I truly believe that's the best way to get boys and that is my preferred method (as outlined in more detail above!) But it is totally up to you to decide, just be sure you have more than one attempt no matter what.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much.
    As for the Vit D - my prenatal vitamin contains 400IU and my husbands Men’s 50 includes 800iu.
    Should we be taking additional? I bought 1000iu Vit D but wonder if that’s too much

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have u take the additional 1000 (total 1400) and then just let hubby hang where he is with the 800.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My prenatal vitamin contains 465mg Fish Oil, 27mg EPA and 200mg DHA. Should I also be taking a fish oil that contains 1150mg fish oil and 440mg EPA and DHA 280mg?
    The pre natal also contains 800mcg folic acid - should I be taking additional folic acid?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No just keep taking the prenatal. Do not add in any more.

Yes take additional folic acid or folate to get you up into the 2000 mcg range or thereabouts.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh sorry one more question
    We are hoping to try in October and up until now I’m beenmajorly slacking on exercise/weight training. Is it best to start going for hikes, brisk walks with some light weight training over the next couple weeks or have I left it too long?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast