Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How much does DH affect sway?!!

Hi there!

I am slowly planning my blue sway for next summer and have been getting myself frustrated at the fact that DH is just not really on board with swaying he loves our girls and is totally on board with having another baby. He just doesn’t believe in it at all! He truly thinks that it’s 50/50, sperm decides the sex and nothing either of us does will dictate what side the coin lands on (so to speak).

DH is fairly fit, loves cycling and running and has started competing triathlons which has really got me down as I feel it’s going to sway pink even further and any swaying I will do will be ruined! I guess I can’t shake the whole ‘sperm decides the sex’ school of thought and find it difficult to fully believe that I can have a boy.

DH’s defence is that there are plenty of endurance athletes that have sons as well as daughters, and he refuses to believe that it would affect a 50/50 sample. He will find flaws in any research papers that I google and discredit them. Wahhhh!!! Is it really possible for me to have a successful one-sided sway?! I’m prepared to make all the changes necessary to give myself the best possible odds, so I’m not worried about me, but I’m really worried his exercise (and also a love of caffeine) will ultimately give us another girl.

Feeling a bit hopeless 😭😢

successful GD sway 2021

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's possible to have a one sided sway! My DH doesn't know I'm swaying or on this site gathering ideas ! Hahaha
    Do everything you can on your part

For DH:
    -make sure he's on a multi, 1000 iui vitamin D, omega 3, probiotic (it should be no issue to get him on these if he's into sports and health etc)
    -practice 2-4 days BD or release to make sure he has ample and healthy swimmers
    -maybe cut back on the cycling?
    DD 2017

Successful blue sway May 2019:

Successful blue sway December 2021

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha thanks! Yes he’s happy to take whatever supplements I give him, although he’ll tell me it’s a load of rubbish 😂 and I’m hoping when we’re ttc he will switch from cycling and running to weight lifting, but I’m not sure..he may end up being stubborn on that one 😭.

Thanks for the support though!

successful GD sway 2021

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi pink swayer here but my dh also doesnt sway, i believe he brings a lot of blue friendly stuff to the table but i cant change it/him so i just do what i can do and focus on what changes i can make most people's dh's dont sway at all and the stats are still really good so dont lose heart!

if you look at what you can change hopefully it might help you feel more positive do you feel like you were very pink friendly when you got your girls? good luck and i hope you get your boy!!
    now 6blue5pink

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's possible to do a successful one sided sway. Even if he does nothing, you can change what YOU bring to the table and it helps!! Even Lance Armstrong has boys.

Don't waste your time and energy on trying to convince him. If he's willing to have another baby, that is GREAT (and honestly, better than a lot of us face!) Instead of despairing over what you can't change, focus on what you CAN change and you will still be upping your odds of having a boy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Likes aira22 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabby123 View Post
    Ha thanks! Yes he’s happy to take whatever supplements I give him, although he’ll tell me it’s a load of rubbish �� and I’m hoping when we’re ttc he will switch from cycling and running to weight lifting, but I’m not sure..he may end up being stubborn on that one ��.

Thanks for the support though!
    While weightlifting sways blue when we ladies do it, there is no evidence it has the same effect for men and so it may not be a battle even worth fighting!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tali.kah View Post
    I think it's possible to have a one sided sway! My DH doesn't know I'm swaying or on this site gathering ideas ! Hahaha
    Do everything you can on your part

For DH:
    -make sure he's on a multi, 1000 iui vitamin D, omega 3, probiotic (it should be no issue to get him on these if he's into sports and health etc)
    -practice 2-4 days BD or release to make sure he has ample and healthy swimmers
    -maybe cut back on the cycling?
    best thing you guys can do to counteract the cycling/jogging is that regular release. Keep turning those troops over and it really does help.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    hi pink swayer here but my dh also doesnt sway, i believe he brings a lot of blue friendly stuff to the table but i cant change it/him so i just do what i can do and focus on what changes i can make most people's dh's dont sway at all and the stats are still really good so dont lose heart!

if you look at what you can change hopefully it might help you feel more positive do you feel like you were very pink friendly when you got your girls? good luck and i hope you get your boy!!
    Ah thanks, feeling a lot more positive now! Yes I was very pink friendly with the first two, but wasn’t swaying at all. With DD3 it was a half-hearted blue sway, mostly vegetarian, and I ended up stopping my supplements quite abruptly as they were starting to mess up my cycles. So you could say I wasn’t really swaying at all.

successful GD sway 2021

12. Likes atomic sagebrush, 4blue2pink liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's great when we know there are things we can change!! Just let me know how I can help!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, it's possible to do a successful one sided sway. Even if he does nothing, you can change what YOU bring to the table and it helps!! Even Lance Armstrong has boys.

Don't waste your time and energy on trying to convince him. If he's willing to have another baby, that is GREAT (and honestly, better than a lot of us face!) Instead of despairing over what you can't change, focus on what you CAN change and you will still be upping your odds of having a boy.
    Thanks atomic! And good to know that the weight lifting may not matter. He is pretty sporty and competitive which may be a good thing (in terms of high testosterone?) and also high sex drive so he’ll have no problem with regular release. And he’ll eat whatever I cook, so diets an easy one.

Arrr just stressing myself out overthinking everything!

successful GD sway 2021

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast